Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people who are not Christian come to a Christian messageboard?

They are searching for answers.
detective.gif

Possibly swagger in with an air of superiority. Some of the lucky ones find something out after all.

They come for a bunch of reasons... some good some bad....
reba,

I agree. In my conversations with atheists on Christian forums, I have encountered these approaches:
  1. They seem to be what we Aussies call stirrers. They love to stir people along with a few provocative questions and jibes.
  2. Some are evangelists for their atheistic cause and if they can sew doubts, they think that might lead to another convert.
  3. They love to see the response of defensive Christians who don't know their product very well.
John Blanchard has written a great book: Does God believe in atheists? Norman Geisler & Frank Turek have a provocative and challenging book, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

reba,

I agree. In my conversations with atheists on Christian forums, I have encountered these approaches:
  1. They seem to be what we Aussies call stirrers. They love to stir people along with a few provocative questions and jibes.
  2. Some are evangelists for their atheistic cause and if they can sew doubts, they think that might lead to another convert.
  3. They love to see the response of defensive Christians who don't know their product very well.
I agree these reasons are probably true sometimes but there is another reason that comes to mind and is one of the reasons why CFnet is here.
4. They are asking, seeking, and knocking. They feel a sense of something missing in their lives and are exploring Christianity. This could be because the Holy Spirit is working on them or it could just be their curiosity.

No matter what the reason, I think we need to begin our approach to them with kind, respectful, and comforting open arms just in case point #4 is active.

They are led here for one reason or another, when people say they are looking for God what do they mean, this is what the scriptures say..

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

To find God this must happen first..

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

tob

They are led here for one reason or another, when people say they are looking for God what do they mean, this is what the scriptures say..

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

To find God this must happen first..

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

tob
I disagree,

Isaiah 1:16
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

Jeremiah 4:14
Jerusalem, wash the evil from your heart and be saved. How long will you harbor wicked thoughts?

I agree these reasons are probably true sometimes but there is another reason that comes to mind and is one of the reasons why CFnet is here.
4. They are asking, seeking, and knocking. They feel a sense of something missing in their lives and are exploring Christianity. This could be because the Holy Spirit is working on them or it could just be their curiosity.

No matter what the reason, I think we need to begin our approach to them with kind, respectful, and comforting open arms just in case point #4 is active.
So you are saying we have a visitor on CF....Satan.
I disagree,

Isaiah 1:16
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

Jeremiah 4:14
Jerusalem, wash the evil from your heart and be saved. How long will you harbor wicked thoughts?
It does not look like you are a Christian.Why do you come here?I have gotten some very negative responses from you.

There's been some interesting studies on how the mental state of people can be discerned from how they treat their animals :biggrin
I had a friend who once worked at the animal shelter.He said you would be surprised at some of the Vets who kicked around the animals and abuse them.

So you are saying we have a visitor on CF....Satan.

It does not look like you are a Christian.Why do you come here?I have gotten some very negative responses from you.
So what are you going to do? Hate me? No, you must love me and forgive me, or your faith is dead.

So what are you going to do? Hate me? No, you must love me and forgive me, or your faith is useless.
Did I say that I hate you?God calls for us to love our neighbors.But He does not like it when we are abused.We as Christians are not doormats.Their are consequences to those who are mean and abuse.Is that why you are on a Christian messageboard?So you can dish out as much hate and abuse as possible and you feel like no one can do anything about it because Christians "must love me and forgive me,or your faith is useless"?That sounds like it is coming right from Satan.

WIP,

Yes, that could be another reason that they are open to seeking something beyond their doubt and stirring ability. Many do come across as combative or scoffing, but I agree that we must be kind and respectful towards them and do our best to encourage continuing dialogue.

WIP,

Yes, that could be another reason that they are open to seeking something beyond their doubt and stirring ability. Many do come across as combative or scoffing, but I agree that we must be kind and respectful towards them and do our best to encourage continuing dialogue.
I agree but no abuse and no disrespect of the Word of God.If they are to be on here I think they should respect our Love of the Lord.We are here for them to answer questions about God not to be stepped on.

Last edited:
A couple of other messageboards have two or three threads just for those who are unbelievers.They can ask their questions and Christians can answer them.But for unbelievers to mingle among the believers I think it confuses those who are new believers.

Back