Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why is this forum only devoted to 3 religions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
hmm, i was wrong on teh "thou shalt not kill"

but kill and murder are basically the same thing right?

and on to the "god cant be above the law" stuff

god created existance, so that means he is above existance, which mean, he doesnt exist.

see gary, i can play symantics too. Atheism is a religion, it is a set of beliefs. you can play symantics and say its not, but i can play it too.

Hujo5, your fellow atheist wouldn't call atheism a religion.

God does exist. To be Above existence is merely to be incharge of it. He made the world, so He is incharge of it. God would not do that which contradicts himself.

Murder and Killing are too very different things.

Suppose one goes up to my dean on campus and shoot him for not getting onto the deans list. That is a murder, because the one intended to kill the dean.

Suppose one is cutting down a tree with a poor Axe. The head breaks off, and severs a major artery of a person who just happened to be walking by. One did kill the person, but this was not his intent. He just wanted to cut down a tree. This is not murder. Does that make the situation more clear?

The legal definition of murder is basically the intentional illegal killing of a human. I think most would agree that the three bolded attributes are essential to consider a killing murder.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Hujo5, your fellow atheist wouldn't call atheism a religion.

God does exist. To be Above existence is merely to be incharge of it. He made the world, so He is incharge of it. God would not do that which contradicts himself.

Murder and Killing are too very different things.

Suppose one goes up to my dean on campus and shoot him for not getting onto the deans list. That is a murder, because the one intended to kill the dean.

Suppose one is cutting down a tree with a poor Axe. The head breaks off, and severs a major artery of a person who just happened to be walking by. One did kill the person, but this was not his intent. He just wanted to cut down a tree. This is not murder. Does that make the situation more clear?

so the peopel of jericho all Accidently, chopped the peopel to bits, and accidently, lit their town on fire. I see.

No they did not. They had been in sin against God. The people in the land of Canaan where the descendants of Noah and should have had a better moral basis. They did not, because of the fact that that they, the descendants of Canaan had been cursed by Noah for the lude acts of Canaan's father, Ham. Sin was so aboundant in this region that God commanded they be put to death. Remember, at this time, the people of Earth were still subject to the old Covenant. The Sins of these men earned them their death.

wait, who were you saying was in sin against god? the fighters or the towns people? just want to clarify before i make myself look foolish

huj05 said:
ok, looking down, I see only topics on islam, christianity, and atheism.

I dont see hinduism, or budhism, or raoism or anything else.

why?

(note there are alot mroe islam vs christianity than atheism vs christianity)

It seems that christians and muslims just hate eachother. and atheists are a nuiscance. Why isnt there any hate on others? (i didnt count judaism because the whole jesus was a jew, you cant hate jesus ect..)

Please dont say "its becaus emuslims are wrong"

I think we could also discuss the state religion of America. Have you not noticed that the US government is making the American Democratic ideal into a religion and it also wishes to convert the entire world to this religion?

Only in Christ are we truly free, not USA.

wow, i wish i had time now to reread that part.. this is actually sorta.. confuzzlign me bad :tongue

so jericho and cannan were slaughtered by the israleites?

I know i have this so messed up, anyone care to brief it for me, or ill go read it later when (if) i have time

huj05 said:
ok, looking down, I see only topics on islam, christianity, and atheism.

I dont see hinduism, or budhism, or raoism or anything else.

why?

(note there are alot mroe islam vs christianity than atheism vs christianity)

It seems that christians and muslims just hate eachother. and atheists are a nuiscance. Why isnt there any hate on others? (i didnt count judaism because the whole jesus was a jew, you cant hate jesus ect..)

Please dont say "its because muslims are wrong"

Christianity and Islam are the two major religions that really want to convert people. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Neither Judaism or Sikhism care about converting people as far as I know. Buddhism is a missionary religion, but it has a "pluralist" mentality, as does Hinduism.

I dont hate anybody. Which is why I rarely post replies because most of the time I am not sure of how to post without making it sound like I am tearing the other person apart-I dont want to argue for arguing's sake if it is not going to do any good.

Free said:
God is not the law, he is the giver of the law. He is not subject to the law he created or the law would be greater than him which would mean he could not have created it. Also, God can do whatever he feels he needs to do to any of his creation, afterall, it is his. He is justified in doing so simply because he created everything.

That's not true! God only sends guidelines and not the law because He is just and would not force a law on anybody. That makes us all free. Our actions write our fate and so we need guidelines. By the way if I create a child then because this child has rights so my rights cannot overrule the rights of this child. Similarly, we being God's creation, He would not override our rights, which is precisely why we see so much bad and sorrow and suffering in the world as well, because God does not interfere in our affairs and in our rights as He is JUST. If He started to interfere then who would exact justice on behalf of the victim, therefore God does not forgive the sinner as only the victim can forgive, and so there is suffering. Suffering is also there because of bad luck and not just because of past actions and so no one needs to feel guilty when faced with adverse circumstances.

There is not a lot about paganism, hinduism, shamanism and buddhism on this site because the majority of visitors here have not even ever looked into them at all.

I have researced the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Vedas, Dhammapada, Shamanistic writings etc.

If you have any questions on these types of things I would love to debate/discuss various issues.

Buddhism is a missionary religion, but it has a "pluralist" mentality, as does Hinduism.

Actually at the core of both philosphies in this regard the essence of "God" is anything but plural.

To the Hindu, the pure form of God is the "Brahman" which is an all encompassing impersonal force that pervades all realities. It is "singular" in nature and from it stems all created things and "gods". The "pluralist" gods you speak of are deities that come from Brahman and contain Divine characteristics straight from the "Godhead".

There also is a Trinity doctrine in some schools of Hindu thought that includes Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma which predates the Christian doctrine of Father, Son, HolyGhost.

The buddhists are what you call a "pragmatic" branch off of the earlier Hindu religon that "alltogether ignore the transcendent notions of God and focus wholly on the NOW". They are not concerned with the character of God as much as being useful to the world in a compassionate manner apart from "wishful theological masturbation". Instead of anthropologically limiting God in a "pluralist" fashion they seek to "merge" with the all pervading force that the Hindus call the Brahaman.

All in all I would say that both of these religons are not "polytheistic" at all and more "flexible" in their definition of God than we might realize.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back