Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Why would God create imperfect beings and then get angry that they are imperfect?

Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. . . .
Gen 1:31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

It says Adam and Eve and everything else was "very good."
next:
Isa 55:8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
Isa 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Rom 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

You are wasting your time in trying to figure out why God did things the way He did.

Just wondering why God create imperfect beings (Adam and Eve) and then get angry because they were not perfect?

An analogy is, they are not finished products. Only those in the future Heaven are considered fully finished products. Humans are under crafting.

God used to use "angry" to express what He doesn't like very much, such that humans would know. If God never responses to anything, humans have no way to understand what God likes and doesn't like. God usually told the witnesses about His feeling, such that Israel will know what God doesn't like strongly. This serves the purpose of training up the Jews for them to convey God messages correctly. God's "emotion" is for Israel to grow up and to carry forward God message of salvation till it reaches today's humans.

Just wondering why God create imperfect beings (Adam and Eve) and then get angry because they were not perfect?

As has already been said, why do you presume that Adam and Eve were imperfect?

Gods own judgement of creation, which includes Adam and Eve, was that it was very good.

Please present your evidence that substantiates your view.

Who said God created imperfect beings?

As has already been said, why do you presume that Adam and Eve were imperfect?

Gods own judgement of creation, which includes Adam and Eve, was that it was very good.

Please present your evidence that substantiates your view.
If Adam and Eve were perfect then why did they disobey God? Why did they eat the fruit of knowledge which God forbid?

If Adam and Eve were perfect then why did they disobey God?
Ezekiel 28:14 "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
Ezekiel 28:15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

Most people think this is talking about Satan. It seems that "perfection" is no guarantee against rebellion.

Ecc 7:29 Truly, this only I have found: That God made man upright, But they have sought out many schemes."

The word "upright" is yashar (H3477) and basically means straight

Barnes notes says this: A definite allusion to the original state of man: in which he was exempt from vanity.

Matthew Poole says this:
God made our first parents, Adam and Eve, upright, Heb. right, without any imperfection or corruption, conformable to his nature and will, which is the rule of right, after his own likeness, understanding, and holy, and every way good.

The Bible very seldom gives us an explanation of everything.

If Adam and Eve were perfect then why did they disobey God? Why did they eat the fruit of knowledge which God forbid?

They had the ability to choose to obey or disobey, unfortunately they chose to disobey.

They were not robots programmed to only obey, they had freedom to choose.

They were not robots programmed to only obey, they had freedom to choose.
When did you choose the desire to have a 'sin nature'? What was the "cause" of your choice to have:
lust
greed
lie
hate
drunkenness
steal
etc.

How does one who was once nothing choose his desires...you would have to be self-caused to do so.

When did you choose the desire to have a 'sin nature'? What was the "cause" of your choice to have:
lust
greed
lie
hate
drunkenness
steal
etc.

How does one who was once nothing choose his desires...you would have to be self-caused to do so.

Your comments make no sense.

Adam and Eve were not nothing, neither did they choose sin, they believed a lie from the devil.

As for you and me, as descendants of Adam we a.ready have a sinful nature we cannot change it, only Jesus can do that.

Your comments make no sense.
They [Adam and Eve] were not robots programmed to only obey, they had freedom to choose.
to which I responded:
lust
greed
lie
hate
drunkenness
steal
etc.

In other words, unless you can show that Adam and Eve were the CAUSE of their own desires, then someone else programmed/caused them to have the desires (will) they were created with. Using your analogy, Adam and Eve were definitely 'robots'; their bodies and will/desires were not self-created.
Acts 17:28 ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.
Proverbs 19:21 Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the purpose of the LORD will prevail.

to which I responded:

In other words, unless you can show that Adam and Eve were the CAUSE of their own desires, then someone else programmed/caused them to have the desires (will) they were created with. Using your analogy, Adam and Eve were definitely 'robots'; their bodies and will/desires were not self-created.
Acts 17:28 ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.
Proverbs 19:21 Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the purpose of the LORD will prevail.

Adam and Eve were not alone. Satan was there in the garden and he tempted Eve, Eve, persuaded Adam.

They were not programmed to just obey, they had the ability to choose.

Adam and Eve were not alone. Satan was there in the garden and he tempted Eve, Eve, persuaded Adam.

They were not programmed to just obey, they had the ability to choose.
Look up the Law of Causality ... it will explain that one cannot be one's own cause; one doesn't have the ability to chose his desires which determines one choices.

Back