Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Will Christians Who Have Tattoos Be Left Behind At The Rapture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

Will Christians Who Have Tattoos Be Left Behind At The Rapture?

People today, most notable Christians, are getting tattoos which are forbidden in the Bible ... Leviticus 19:28

Leviticus 19:28 King James Version (KJV) 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Tattoos nowadays are both cutting the flesh and printing marks. Both of which are forbidden in the bible. The ink in a tattoo disguises the cutting of the flesh with an overlay print design.

I find it interesting that in the story of Elijah and the Prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:20-40) the priests of Baal danced around an alter and then cut themselves, as it was their custom, in order to evoke Baal into burning up the sacrifice they had prepared on the alter as a challenge from Elijah.

It didn't work.

Instead the God of Israel burned up the sacrifice that Elijah had prepared. Afterward all the priests and prophets of Baal didn't fare so well.

Tattoos today can be likened to becoming a priest of Baal since they evoke a ritualistic symbolism of deity worship (hint: Baal worshipers).

Additionally all the Baal priests customarily danced and paraded their bodies as an alter sacrifice, as most pop music and Rap music stage acts do today.

Have we truly come to the last days of mankind as most everyone is preparing themselves for what lies ahead which is the worship of the antichrist which will most likely resemble Baal worship of the Old Testament (hint: lots of tattoos).

One begins to wonder whether Elijah and Moses return, as the two witnesses depicted int he Book of Revelation, will be to relive the challenge of Elijah and the Prophets of Baal that is outlined in 1 Kings 18:20-40.

Believe in the true messiah Jesus Christ, who is the 'word made flesh' (hint: not marked into the flesh) and as such would not lead any Christian to receive a tattoo since it is forbidden in the word of God!

If Jesus Christ truly lives in every Christian, and Jesus is the word made flesh, then any mark or tattoo would be placing man's word over God's word.

Additionally we were made in God's image so any tattoo would be placing our image over God's therefore declaring ourselves as our own God as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden!

So will Christians who have tattoos be considered as worshipers of Baal and be left behind after the Rapture?

God Bless

People today, most notable Christians, are getting tattoos which are forbidden in the Bible ... Leviticus 19:28

Leviticus 19:28 King James Version (KJV) 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Tattoos nowadays are both cutting the flesh and printing marks. Both of which are forbidden in the bible. The ink in a tattoo disguises the cutting of the flesh with an overlay print design.

I find it interesting that in the story of Elijah and the Prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:20-40) the priests of Baal danced around an alter and then cut themselves, as it was their custom, in order to evoke Baal into burning up the sacrifice they had prepared on the alter as a challenge from Elijah.

It didn't work.

Instead the God of Israel burned up the sacrifice that Elijah had prepared. Afterward all the priests and prophets of Baal didn't fare so well.

Tattoos today can be likened to becoming a priest of Baal since they evoke a ritualistic symbolism of deity worship (hint: Baal worshipers).

Additionally all the Baal priests customarily danced and paraded their bodies as an alter sacrifice, as most pop music and Rap music stage acts do today.

Have we truly come to the last days of mankind as most everyone is preparing themselves for what lies ahead which is the worship of the antichrist which will most likely resemble Baal worship of the Old Testament (hint: lots of tattoos).

One begins to wonder whether Elijah and Moses return, as the two witnesses depicted int he Book of Revelation, will be to relive the challenge of Elijah and the Prophets of Baal that is outlined in 1 Kings 18:20-40.

Believe in the true messiah Jesus Christ, who is the 'word made flesh' (hint: not marked into the flesh) and as such would not lead any Christian to receive a tattoo since it is forbidden in the word of God!

If Jesus Christ truly lives in every Christian, and Jesus is the word made flesh, then any mark or tattoo would be placing man's word over God's word.

Additionally we were made in God's image so any tattoo would be placing our image over God's therefore declaring ourselves as our own God as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden!

So will Christians who have tattoos be considered as worshipers of Baal and be left behind after the Rapture?

God Bless
Haven't the Levitical laws been fulfilled in Christ? My understanding of those laws was for setting the Jews (Israel) apart from the world as God's chosen people. It was in part how they were to stand out in the crowd, like circumcision. I'm wondering if you might be reading too much into this.

I seem to remember some other things God told His people to do and not do. The most famous being a core group of ten.
And it's really not hard, unfortunately, for even a Christian to break any number of them.
You might as well ask the first question about one of those commandments. Christ said if you look at a woman with lust you have committed the sin of adultery. Adultery being one of the sins forbidden in His commandments.
So you could ask if Christians who have eyed up a member of the opposite sex will be left behind.
The point is if we are going to go that route planet earth will lose not one person on the population count after the rapture!

It didn't work.

God Bless
hope not i have a stupid dot on the back my arm having a tattoo is not a sin

I never have got any tattoos. I've seen some cool ones on people, but nothing that I would mark myself with. Not that cool.

No piercings or other weirdness either. lol.

God has put it upon my heart NOT to get a tattoo. He hasn't went into detail why.

I never had any desire to. Is that God? I have no idea.

I find the piercings and tattoos in Church to be out of place, especially when they're sported openly by professing Christians trying to squirm their way into leadership roles. I would also find the same behavior out of place without tattoos or piercings. And without those things, clothes so tight as to make piercings obvious would still be out of place, IMHO

My brother in law has a tattoo of the word "cling" in Hebrew. I think it helped him in a time of his life to cling to God and cling to Jesus. I can't imagine a guy like Him to not be accepted by God.

That said we really don't know what will happen regarding the rapture. If we will be raptured before the tribulation or be part of those that are placed to persevere through it. Or if the rapture is after the tribulation and we will meet Jesus in the sky when He returns. A rapture to bring in the King of Kings sort of thing. There's theories on all of these things but God's plans are likely going to different then all of them. Like how Jesus is different from the expectations the Jews had for the Messiah.

My husband and I got on this topic the other day as we discussed the importance of tattoos and scarification marks among different cultures. This is what I learned.

When I read the word cuttings in the Bible I suppose I think of something like literally cutting into the flesh deeply. The Hebrew word seret means cutting or incision.

The medical definition is:

a. A cut into a body tissue or organ, especially one made during surgery.
b. The scar resulting from such cutting.

A tattoo needs pierces into the second layer of skin, the dermis by making small, quick pricks into the dermis with modern tattoo equipment.

Now, how was Jesus referring to these cuttings? Were they a deep gash? Were they used to intentionally self-harm? Were they cutting themselves to leave a permanent scar on their skin? Was this a pagan practice to worship the dead or their false idols? This is information that we do not have. I do not feel we have enough here to say "tattoos are wrong".

I believe however that people need to follow their convictions on the matter and ask themselves, "Why do I want this tattoo?" For example, if a minor gets a tattoo without parental approval or consent then it would be a sin to disobey their parents. If someone gets the tattoo to purposefully offend somebody, use it for dark arts, use it for worshipping something other than God, etc. then it would be sinful. If the intention for the tattoo is wrong then the tattoo itself is a display of that wrong. If a person gets saved that tattoo may serve as a reminder of the past, and they may or may not have it removed for many reasons. This feels like a gray area. Since God knows our hearts, I do not feel we have the right to judge somebody with tattoos.

Personally, I avoid getting tattoos on myself because I fear possible chemicals in the inks, contaminated/non-sterile needles, allergic reactions to the ink, the chance of changing my mind if I decide I do not want it or must get it removed, and possible pain from the tattoo process.

I love art, I would rather it not be permanently on my skin. I know quite a few with tattoos, but I do not think to treat them differently because of it. This is between them and God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back