Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Work And Dedication

Lovekr07

'Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.'

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.9.24-27

Many things in life that are worth attaining require a great deal of work and dedication. It is not that we are out to compete with others like in a race just to win, rather we work for the reward. If we are dedicated to the process and we work hard without giving up, we will be rewarded. It takes a lot of self-discipline to accomplish great things.

Spiritually speaking, if we work on ourselves and our relationship with the Lord every day, we will one day reap a harvest. Growing in our relationship with the Lord and becoming more like Him, will never leave us disappointed. It takes daily commitment to godly habits and spending time with the Lord while putting our flesh natures to death by walking by the Spirit. As a reward, we will have peace and intimacy with God, better relationships with others, an eternity in Heaven, win others for the Kingdom, and we will lived a blessed life here. A life and eternity with God is THE greatest reward one can obtain!!

Back