Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would this do away with pork as being unclean?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
R

reznwerks

Researchers report they have created pigs that produce omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to improve heart function and help reduce the risks for heart disease, representing the first cloned transgenic livestock in the world that can make the beneficial compound. The research could be a boost to both farmers and health-conscious consumers seeking an alternative and safer source of omega-3 fatty acids. Currently, the only way for humans to realize the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids is by taking dietary supplements or by eating certain types of fish that may also..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 084435.htm

I think this make pork an even "dirtier" animal.

Let me say I love pork and don't follow a belief that restricts me from eating it, but my beliefs do believe that there is only one God. So when scientist "create" a pig that is more health conscious, they are playing god.

I dont think that should ever be done.

lolololololol.......

Pork is unclean any way you slice it....

Now they are messing around with "transgenetic pigs"?

I wouldnt trust the scientists on this until they have been on the market for a few years.

soma..

thigns with aspestos* had been on teh market for TONS of years before they found out how bad it was...

Everythign is pretty bad for u some way or another.

Couldn't they have chosen an animal that is a little healthier to eat? Now it just gives people an excuse to eat more bacon....mmmm....omega-3 fatty acid bacon....

Meh, lean cuts of pork aren't really any worse than lean cuts of beef. Bacon isn't unhealthy because it's pork, but because it's about 70% fat.

I say bring on Frankenpig. See if they can isolate the gene that's responsible for making pigs delicious, and then genetically engineer some tofu that tastes good.

ArtGuy said:
... I say bring on Frankenpig. See if they can isolate the gene that's responsible for making pigs delicious, and then genetically engineer some tofu that tastes good.
LOL... speaking of Frankenpig (is it related to Al Franken in anyway?) meet... Enviropig?

http://www.purewatergazette.net/hightowerfrankenpig.htm

frankenpig.jpg

OINK, OINK!

A pig genetically altered to vote for Nader. Truly horrifying.

Back