Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] xian prayer

This Week's Prayer Guide

October 13 - This week, pray for the needs and challenges of the people in Xi’an. Pray that the church will witness Christ by loving and helping to meet the needs of their neighbors.
October 14 - A pastor in Xi’an notes, “One opportunity lies in the influx of people from rural areas due to urbanization. While urban churches are growing, rural churches are declining. Many young people are migrating to cities, and I believe a significant number of former rural church members haven't yet found a new church home. These individuals, having prior exposure to the Gospel, are potentially more receptive to it even amidst the challenges of city life. This presents a unique evangelistic opportunity for Xi'an's churches.” Pray for people in rural areas with previous exposure to the gospel to find new church homes.
October 15 - A pastor in Xi’an says, “The economic downturn in China following the pandemic may also create an opening for the Gospel. For decades, the relentless pursuit of wealth has been a major idol for many Chinese people. This economic downturn could shatter that idol. People rarely contemplate religion when life is prosperous and comfortable. It's during times of hardship and uncertainty that they become more open to the Gospel.” Pray for the Holy Spirit to shatter the idol of wealth, that more people in Xi’an will find hope not in money but in the person of Jesus Christ.
October 16 - In seeking to minister to the city, one pastor in Xi’an remarks, “Reaching young people is a significant challenge. The pervasive influence of internet culture makes it difficult to capture their attention and foster community. Even within our youth fellowship, there's a noticeable lack of engagement and openness.” Pray for young people who are fragmented or withdrawn, that the church may have more opportunities to build relationships with them.
October 17 - A pastor in a town outside of Xi’an says, “Our church has been engaged in social welfare work, specifically ministering to orphans.” Pray for them as they seek to be an example of Christ by caring for these orphaned children.
October 18 - A sister in Xi’an remarks, “Another area of concern is singles ministry. I've been invited to speak to the young adult group led by [a brother] on topics like purity, choosing a spouse, and singleness, using [a foreign] curriculum. Finding a spouse is difficult for many single Christians. Even when I try to make introductions or facilitate connections, the success rate is low.” Pray for single Chinese Christians who desire to find a spouse, that the Lord will use their singleness for his glory and that, if it be his will, they will be able to find a believing spouse.
October 19 - A bi-vocational pastor notes that he has integrated gospel principles into his business practices: “For me, work and church service are now one. As a Christian, aren't I doing the same thing in every area of life, whether in my company or the church? The context is different, but the underlying principle is the same. Maintaining consistency across different roles and identities is truly challenging. It's challenging but also beautiful.” Pray for Christians engaged in faith and work, that they would bring the principles of the gospel into all areas of life and model a holistic approach to the gospel.

10月13日——本周, 请为西安人民的需求和挑战祈祷。请为教会祈祷, 求主帮助教会能够通过爱和帮助满足邻舍的需要来见证基督。
10月14日——西安的一位牧师指出: "城市化进程导致农村人口涌入城市, 这给我们带来了一个机会。城市教会正在发展壮大, 而农村教会却在衰落。许多年轻人正迁往城市, 我相信许多以前在农村教会的人还没有找到新的教会。这些人以前接触过福音, 即使在城市生活的挑战中,他们也有可能更容易接受福音。这对西安的教会来说是一个独特的传福音的机会。” 为农村地区以前接触过福音的人找到新的教会祈祷。
10月15日——西安的一位牧师说: "疫情过后,中国经济下滑, 这或许也为福音的传播创造了机会。几十年来, 对财富的无休止追求一直是许多中国人的主要偶像。这次经济衰退可能会打破这个偶像。当生活富裕舒适时,人们很少思考宗教。在艰难和不确定的时期,他们才会对福音更加开放。” 祈求圣灵粉碎财富的偶像,让西安更多的人不再将希望寄托于金钱, 而是将希望寄托于耶稣基督。
10月16日——在寻求为这座城市服务时,西安的一位牧师说道:"接触年轻人是一个巨大的挑战。网络文化的普遍影响使得我们很难吸引他们的注意力来建立社区。即使在我们青年团契中,也明显缺乏参与和开放性。“为那些孤僻或孤立的年轻人祷告,愿教会能有更多机会与他们建立关系。
10月17日——西安郊外一位牧师说:”我们的教会一直从事社会福利工作,特别是为孤儿提供帮助。"为他们祷告, 愿他们能够通过照顾这些孤儿成为基督的榜样。
10月18日——西安的一位姐妹说:"另一个需要关注的领域是单身事工。我受邀向一位弟兄带领的年轻人小组发表演讲,主题包括纯洁、择偶和单身, 使用的是外国课程。对于许多单身基督徒来说,寻找配偶是一件难事。即使我尝试介绍或促成联系,成功率也很低。” 为渴望找到配偶的单身中国基督徒祈祷, 愿主使用他们的单身的状态来荣耀祂,如果这是主的旨意,愿他们能够找到一位信仰相同的对象。
10月19日——一位双职牧师指出,他已将福音原则融入了他的商业实践:”对我来说,工作和教会服务现在合二为一。作为基督徒,我在生活的各个方面,无论是在公司还是在教堂,不都是在做同样的事情吗?环境不同,但基本原则是相同的。在不同的角色和身份之间保持一致确实具有挑战性。这很具有挑战性, 但也很美好。" 为虔诚的基督徒祈祷, 愿他们将福音的原则带入生活的各个领域,并树立一个全面的福音典范。

Back