Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study ðŸ‘€

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
the real Jesus shakes his head at those who mock the Spirit of Grace.
Yes, but he loves and longs for those who won't/don't mock the Spirit of grace...the real people of God.
Trampling on the blood of Christ is what UNBELIEVERS do, not believers.
Making grace a license to sin is the sign of an unbeliever, or an ex-believer, not a believer. 1 John 3:8, 1 John 3:10

Last edited:
but wanting to have their ears tickled [with something pleasing], they will accumulate for themselves [many] teachers [one after another, chosen] to satisfy their own desires and to support the errors they hold,
Let's see how many popular reformed preachers I can name who can't acknowledge in scripture what they erroneously call a 'sissified' Jesus...

Sure. But try to get any reformed pastor to mention the servant Jesus who came as a ransom to set his people free.
His point is as I see it .

My pastor mentions mercy .

Preaches holiness ,elders will not allow known persons living in sin to partake in communion

I know of churches where they avoid eschatology,a pastor so big on aiding the poor that the gospel in that area is second .

He might not be apostate but he comes across as too soft .

My pastor and elders ensure when the church aids the poor they hear the gospel .never knew when it's their last day .

You believe God isn't omniscient? How can he be infinite and Eternal like asserted in Genesis 21:33, Psalm 90:2 and Deuteronomy 33:27 if he isn't? What an outrageous and ludicrous thing to assert my friend? All for the sake of trying to triumph in an argument so you look superior you throw God under the bus...
God tells us a lot of things in the Bible . Did God say that he was omniscient in his own words ? It is a serious question , not an assertion that he is not omniscient .
But that doesn't mean God changed his mind, He knew before the beginning our steps and ways and established them (Psalm 139:16). He also is unchanging (Malachi 3:6). So it's not that he changed his mind from one action to another, He already was going to take that route but like Moses for example, He knew Moses hearts was going to plead for the forgiveness of the Israelites sin if He said to Moses that He was going to destroy them (as God did when sin arose unrepentant). His original intent wasn't to change anything he knew Moses would say that and He did according to His foresight. Now why didn't he just spare them initially? Because we don't know but maybe God wanted to deepen Moses humility so he did so. Maybe God wanted to show Moses that He doesn't tolerate sin so he just didn't just initially forgive them without wiping them out, maybe God wanted for us to see today the gospel in that imagery. How do we see the gospel there. Hallellujah!
Before God told Moses what He was going to do to the calf worshipers God knew Moses would plead for the wayward Israelites . Maybe it was a test from God for Moses . What do you think ? This makes way more sense than God putting on an act with Moses .
Moses represented Christ in that moment, his pleading for the wrath of God to fall on him instead of them is what Jesus did for us, He took God's wrath on us so we may be spared from death, as the Isrealites were. Moses was their intercessor, Jesus is our intercessor. So let us appreciate the gospel message in that story instead of trying to figure out the intricacies of the details.
Yes ! Moses is a Christ figure .

You just asked me the trillion dollar question.

First God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob [meaning He is the God of generations and doesn't stop being God because on generation dies off] (Genesis 28:13, Exodus 3:6) ,God is the Lord of Hosts or Armies [Everything] (Isaiah 54:5), God is the Creator (Genesis 2:4, Genesis 14:19), God is the Most High God (Genesis 14:18-20), God is God Almighty (Genesis 17:1), God is the Eternal God (Genesis 21:33, Psalm 90:2, Deuteronomy 33:27), God is the God of Bethel [Bethel meaning house of God] (Genesis 31:13), God declares "I AM WHO I AM" [meaning he is self-sufficient, Absolute, and Creator of all things] (Exodus 3:14), God is the Living Lord (2 Samuel 1:17), God is the God of Heaven (Ezra 1:2) the Mighty One, the GOD, the LORD (Psalm 50:1), God is the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 1:4), God is beyond the Highest heaven (1 King 8:27, Psalm 68:3), God is the King of Ages (1 Timothy 1:17), God is abundant in strength and inexhaustible in understanding (Psalm 147:5), God is everywhere and it's impossible to hide from him (Psalm 139:7-12,15), God's thoughts outnumber the sand (Psalm 139:17-18), God ordained all our days before any of them existed (Psalm 139:16), God is unchanging and always stays the same (Malachi 3:6), God is unable to be compared to, Awesome and Splendorous (Isaiah 40:18,25 Exodus 15:11), God is the King who rules forever (Psalm 102:12), God is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14), God is love (1 John 4:8-10), God is Spirit - (John 4:24), And God hates all who do evil, no evil can stand in His presence (Psalm 5:4-5,
I salute you Soldiers, you definitely went above and beyond sir, and did a fine job. One thing that puzzles me however, not once did you reveal His name, may I ask why? That would have been one of the first things I mentioned. You came very close to it, one of the verses you posted was an answer to Moses question to Him about what is His name, and you posted a partial reply. What did God tell Moses His name was, and would be His name forever?

Hmmm , I am going to back track to here with where I went off the rails some , if that is alright Tenchi :) .

Moses spoke to God and God repented of the evil He thought to do unto His people .

Yes. How does this pertain to God's not needing anything?
The KJV got me in trouble , just one word difference , "that" where an "and" makes things right , IMO .

10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

In the KJV it seems to be a demand from God to be left alone , but in the translation below not so .

Exodus 32:10 from here https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9893/showrashi/true/jewish/Chapter-32.htm , don't know what translation this is :chin !! Does anyone else know ?

10Now leave Me alone, and My anger will be kindled against them so that I will annihilate them, and I will make you into a great nation."

In the above let me paraphrase . IF you leave me alone my anger will be kindled . God knew Moses would take the opportunity left open to him to plead for the wayward Israelites !

So is this a case of God "changing" his mind , not really . I think it was a test given to Moses from God to see which way Moses would go with it .

Did God need anything from Moses ? God did desire interaction with Moses on the events , but did God need Moses's council on what to do , no .

Soldiers , did I pull God out from under the bus ?

Let's see how many popular reformed preachers I can name who can't acknowledge in scripture what they erroneously call a 'sissified' Jesus...
Which you did none. (I'm pretty sure you're expecting me to say that). He is addressing the propitiators of the prosperity gospel and who claim Jesus is there only the bless bless and bless us and is our personal genie and God doesn't care about sin and holiness, if you don't believe that this sermon isn't for you.

Yes, but he loves and longs for those who won't/don't mock the Spirit of grace...the real people of God.
Trampling on the blood of Christ is what UNBELIEVERS do, not believers.
Making grace a license to sin is the sign of an unbeliever, or an ex-believer, not a believer. 1 John 3:8, 1 John 3:10
That is true but I wasn't refering to those who don't abuse the Spirit of grace.

Everybody knows Christ is the Judge that all of mankind will stand before at the end of the age.
Actually no, or else the prosperity gospel and the feel-good and erroneous Jesus that is preached he's referring to wouldn't exist.
What I resist is Voddie's characterization of those who also see the compassionate
So because Voddie in one sermon of only 5 minutes didn't preach what you wanted on you're timing? Do you realize the actual false teachers that exist and your complaining that Voddie is too direct? He didn't use his personal opinion he used Scripture that you don't like so much.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back