Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

1 John 5:7 Deliberate Hoax? Or Inspired Scripture?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Amen. Agreed.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:16-21

• that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Those that promote heresies will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It’s heresy to teach anything other than the doctrine of Christ.

• Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Walking in the Spirit, in which we are led by the Spirit, is the only way to avoid practicing the works of the flesh.

Walking in the Spirit has nothing to do with any denomination or sect, but has everything to do with being led by the Spirit who dwells in us, if indeed He does.

Those who obey Jesus Christ will receive eternal salvation.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

I agree up to this point!
Obeying Jesus Christ has nothing to do with rituals or man or denominations and certainly nothing to do with Catholicism or Calvinism or any other “isms”.

It’s about our person direct relationship with our Lord, and hearing His voice and following Him, thus being led by His Spirit.

• For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Romans 8:12-14

JLB
There is only one savior one new covenant church one truth revealed by Christ and commanded of the church to teach all men!

We cannot believe in the manichean duelism of the Albigensian’s for example
Two gods one good one evil one spiritual one of matter
Or the spiritual anarchy and disobedience of the waldensians

My negative rhetoric? I think one who asserts something false like, "The concept of the Trinity is completely foreign to the Bible" is the one employing rhetoric. When one uses such sweeping generalizations, the goal can't be to communicate truth because such a generalization is clearly untrue - as I showed.

Also, "my view" was drawn from the many passages/verses from Scripture that I offered, not some peculiar personal notion about God derived from myself.

Finally, the term "trinity" isn't in the Bible but neither are terms like "soteriology," or "eschatology," or "hamartiology," or "divine aseity," or "monotheism." Nonetheless, each of these terms refer to things clearly present in the Bible.

Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you did as you've urged me to do and "tone down your rhetoric." Rather than deal with the substance of my remarks, you've made a sort of "poisoning the well/ ad hominem" response above that is guilty of the very things of which you've accused me.

Why not just show your points from scripture, rather than labeling people in a negative way.

JLB

Finally, the term "trinity" isn't in the Bible but neither are terms like "soteriology," or "eschatology," or "hamartiology," or "divine aseity," or "monotheism." Nonetheless, each of these terms refer to things clearly present in the Bible.

Maybe, maybe not, depending how each person defines such man made terms.

I agree up to this point!

There is only one savior one new covenant church one truth revealed by Christ and commanded of the church to teach all men!

Ok I agree with some of this.

It depends on what you mean as the church.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the governmentshall be upon his shoulder: and hisname shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Dan 7:13-14
. . In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a
son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never
be destroyed.

● Phil 2:9-11 . . God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven
and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Blessed be God!

Blessed be His Holy name!

Blessed be the most holy trinity!

Is Elohim a singular or plural word?

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Genesis 1:1-26

• Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Is Us and Our singular or plural references?

JLB
Elohiym is always a plural word-s

Reactions: JLB
The new covenant church founded by Christ

OK.

:salute

I haven't found any scriptures from The Lord or His Apostles that have written anything about a pope being the leader of the church and governing from Rome.

About you?

I disagree. The Majority Text dates back to the autographs but because it (being excellent) was often worn out by use, new copies were continually made. The copies are later than those found tucked away unused in garbage dumps and monastery trash bins, but only because they were so good new copies had to be made to replace those worn out.

There is symmetry in the proof Jesus is the Son of God. Father, Word, Holy Spirit IN HEAVEN "these three are one" testify Jesus is the Son of God, and ON EARTH the witness is paralleled by the water and blood that flowed out from Christ's heart when the soldiers pierced His side (John 19:34). This signifyed "eternal life" or "living water" gushes out from Jesus because of the New Testament in His Blood shed at Calvary, which the Holy Spirit bears witness to ON EARTH every time someone is converted to Christ ("born of water and the Spirit", John 3:5-7) "so these three agree as one"

This symmetry in the compound unity of Witness in Heaven and Earth is lost in the corrupted New bibles.

4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
6 This is He who came by water and blood-- Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son (1 Jn. 5:4-11 NKJ)

The "internal evidence" is compelling.

There is symmetry in the Witness of God Jesus is the Son of God:

The parallel (Father, Word, Holy Spirit) IN HEAVEN "these three are one" testifying to the truth Jesus is the Son of God, is replicated on earth by the water and blood that flowed out from Christ's heart when the soldiers pierced His side (John 19:34) signifying eternal life or "living water" gushes out from Jesus because of the blood He shed at Calvary, which the Holy Spirit bears witness ON EARTH every time someone is converted to Christ (born of water and blood), "so these three agree as one"

Early Christians were aware of the phrase so it was not invented in later centuries:
  1. Cyprian (c. 200 - 258 AD) - Cyprian, the Bishop of Carthage, is one of the earliest and most frequently cited fathers in relation to the Comma. In his treatise, "De ecclesiae catholicae unitate," Cyprian makes a statement that has been interpreted as an allusion to the Comma Johanneum: "The Lord says, 'I and the Father are one;' and again it is written of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 'And these three are one.'" While this does not directly quote the passage as it appears in later Latin manuscripts, it reflects a Trinitarian understanding that some argue hints at a knowledge of the Comma.
  2. Priscillian (c. 340 - 385 AD) - Priscillian, a Spanish ascetic and theologian, is another figure associated with an early reference to the Comma. His writings include a Latin text that resembles the Comma, but this could reflect a later interpolation or recension in the manuscript tradition rather than an original citation.
  3. Jerome (c. 347 - 420 AD) - Jerome, who translated the Latin Vulgate, noted that the Comma was found in some Greek manuscripts, although it is widely accepted that these references might be to Latin manuscripts, as no existing Greek manuscript from his time or earlier contains the Comma. Jerome's involvement and comments have been seen as key in the Comma's inclusion in the Latin Vulgate tradition.
  4. Augustine (354 - 430 AD) - Augustine sometimes mentioned a triadic formula when discussing the unity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but his writings do not explicitly quote the Comma. Like Cyprian, his discussions on the Trinity have been scrutinized for possible allusions to the Comma.

Last edited:
Christ not the Father who ascended into heaven!

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

“Received up into glory”!

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Christ was received up into glory!
God was received up into glory!

Jesus Christ the 2nd person of the holy trinity is God!

i wonder if I can help or hinder?

made in the image of God

Cloud area Cerebral Cortex
Cerebellum
Heart

Where are the words
Where are the wheels (Ezekiel)
Where are the 4 directional faces of man

I don’t have it developed enough to be a cult.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back