Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 71 Days in Isaiah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
all visions are of the son. any references to the holy spirit isn't in a vision, but as a dove descending upon Jesus and cloven tounges of flame.

The Persons of the Trinity aren't necessarily revealed in all their fulness in the Old Testament, but they are most definitely there!

The Persons of the Trinity aren't necessarily revealed in all their fulness in the Old Testament, but they are most definitely there!
actually by logical progression of revalation the YHWH isn't the father but the son.

but the exception is this verse. the Lord said unto my Lord sit thou here unto thy enemies are place under thy footstool.

actually by logical progression of revalation the YHWH isn't the father but the son.

but the exception is this verse. the Lord said unto my Lord sit thou here unto thy enemies are place under thy footstool.

Psalm 110 is a very wonderful Messianic passage! :)

Day 8
Isaiah 5:1-7;

Judah is a mess.
God warns them to clean up their act but we know they don't.
But God's plans are perfect.
We know only God can clean up Judah and he does that with the coming Messiah.

some things never change....

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

1 I will sing for the one I love a song about his vineyard: My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.
2 He dug it up and cleared it of stones and planted it with the choicest vines. He built a watchtower in it and cut out a winepress as well. Then he looked for a crop of good grapes, but it yielded only bad fruit.
3 "Now you dwellers in Jerusalem and men of Judah, judge between me and my vineyard.
4 What more could have been done for my vineyard than I have done for it? When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad?
5 Now I will tell you what I am going to do to my vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed; I will break down its wall, and it will be trampled.
6 I will make it a wasteland, neither pruned nor cultivated, and briers and thorns will grow there. I will command the clouds not to rain on it."
7 The vineyard of the LORD Almighty is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the garden of his delight. And he looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; for righteousness, but heard cries of distress.

Day 8 There is a force of evil that comes against everything that our Lord build's, like His Church. Believers have been intrusted to preserve and defend the Church of Jesus Christ.

Day 8
Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

e-sword has this interesting note about this verse.
" but: The paronomasia, or play of words, is very remarkable here: he looked for mishpat "judgment," but behold mispach "oppression;" for tzedakah "justice," but behold tzedkah "a cry.""

Godly judgment is good, it brings justice (righteousness). BUT un-Godly judgement brings oppression. And with oppression there are the crys of the oppressed.

These verses again remind me of today's church, but instead of judgement/salvation theme that I've felt for the preceding chapters, todays reading hit me with an intense sadness for our Lord. After reading about all that was done in the vineyard and only wild grapes were brought forth instead of good fruit our Lord asks "v.4 What more could have been done to My vineyard that I have not done in it?" Our Lord sent us His very best-His Son- and to often todays church also only produces wild grapes. When He follows it with "v.5 please let Me tell you what I will do with My vineyard" I feel like I should feel foreboding or something. But I don't. Only sadness. It's like I can hear the sadness in our Lord's voice when He says "What more could I have done?"

When He follows it with "v.5 please let Me tell you what I will do with My vineyard" I feel like I should feel foreboding or something. But I don't. Only sadness. It's like I can hear the sadness in our Lord's voice when He says "What more could I have done?"

I hear that same sadness. And yet, despite the emotions, our Lord just simply doesn't give up on us. Constant is His forbearance [the quality of someone who is patient and able to deal with a difficult person or situation without becoming angry]. He has provided every single thing imaginable to mankind. And how is He thanked? So many want to erect satanic statutes; prayer is forbidden in more and more places; and those whom He has placed in positions of leadership have grossly failed. What of the rest of His people? Has our generation done any better than all those who have preceded us?

Studying Isaiah together here at CFnet, I believe, brings a smile and a sigh to our Lord, for the study is being done in all willingness, with a desire to grow stronger in His Word. Even if one's heart is newly opened to one sentence or one paragraph, His is pleased.

1 I will sing for the one I love a song about his vineyard: My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.
2 He dug it up and cleared it of stones and planted it with the choicest vines. He built a watchtower in it and cut out a winepress as well. Then he looked for a crop of good grapes, but it yielded only bad fruit.
3 "Now you dwellers in Jerusalem and men of Judah, judge between me and my vineyard.
4 What more could have been done for my vineyard than I have done for it? When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad?
5 Now I will tell you what I am going to do to my vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed; I will break down its wall, and it will be trampled.
6 I will make it a wasteland, neither pruned nor cultivated, and briers and thorns will grow there. I will command the clouds not to rain on it."
7 The vineyard of the LORD Almighty is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the garden of his delight. And he looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; for righteousness, but heard cries of distress.
wow, that confirms what jeff and I have said about matthew 24, its about the coming judgement to isreal.

Day 9
Isaiah 5:8-30;

Wow!
This is a scary passage.
It's like God is not hearing anyone repent up until this point and so he's getting mad.
Now he's telling them what's really going to happen to them in detail.
It's gonna come down on them hard!
Will anyone listen?
Will they just continue to party on?
With no regards to God's commands?

Last edited:
Day 9. Boy, things haven't changed much from Isaiah's time to now. The rich and powerful still, in one way or another, force out the poor or weak, and increase their interests. Like shopping mall's, roadways, etc. and force little old ladies out of their childhood homes for the expansion of their projects. They say History repeats itself, yea!

Day 9. Boy, things haven't changed much from Isaiah's time to now. The rich and powerful still, in one way or another, force out the poor or weak, and increase their interests. Like shopping mall's, roadways, etc. and force little old ladies out of their childhood homes for the expansion of their projects. They say History repeats itself, yea!

The story of Naboth's vineyard also comes to mind.

Blessings.

I wont go there, it would go into the derailing of this thread into politics but I do see it from both sides of the spectrum.

Will anyone listen?
People are pretty hard-headed Brother. Even in-animate objects seem to have more sense than God's own people.
v.25 "Therefore the anger of the Lord is aroused against His people...........And the hills trembled"
Oh, that we had that much sense!

Day 10
Isaiah 6:1-13;

History tells us this refers to the Babylonian captivity.
Isaiah is in the presence of God and is commissioned with this message.
The very poorest were left behind, but they too were scattered but returned.
This "tenth" will also face judgment.

Many Jews were killed here, but from the remnant his people will flourish again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back