Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 71 Days in Isaiah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2 In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
3 Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

1 This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2 In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
3 Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

:dancing :sohappy

Day 4 Isaiah 2:1-4

Young's Literal Translation
3 And gone have many peoples and said, `Come, and we go up unto the mount of Jehovah, Unto the house of the God of Jacob, And He doth teach us of His ways, And we walk in His paths, For from Zion goeth forth a law, And a word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
4 And He hath judged between the nations, And hath given a decision to many peoples, And they have beat their swords to ploughshares, And their spears to pruning-hooks, Nation doth not lift up sword unto nation, Nor do they learn any more -- war.

What I see here is that Some people (not all) have come to the Lord and receive the law and word of the Lord from Zion (Jerusalem). And that it is these people who have received the word and law from the Lord, that are at peace. The peace given to them by the Lord who rules from Zion.

:thumbsup

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

When i think of being "how high" in the Lords mind i think of the way Isaiah saw him in chapter 6..

1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

So high you couldn't reach the sky.. the first time i read that verse it sent chills down my spine.. like a completely different dimension

tob

Isaiah 2:5-21;

The day of judgment is coming.
Hide you sinners!
But for the rest of us, "Let us walk in the light of the Lord".

Day 5. These verses remind me of Rev. Chapter 8. In these verses of Isaiah, Israel has adopted the ways of the world....There are times when I survey my own life and where I might have idols of the world. It bothers me because with our lifestyles, they are probably filled with idols. What's a guy supposed to do??

6 You have abandoned your people, the house of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and clasp hands with pagans.
7 Their land is full of silver and gold; there is no end to their treasures. Their land is full of horses; there is no end to their chariots.
8 Their land is full of idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their fingers have made.
9 So man will be brought low and mankind humbled-- do not forgive them.
10 Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty!
11 The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.
12 The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled),
13 for all the cedars of Lebanon, tall and lofty, and all the oaks of Bashan,
14 for all the towering mountains and all the high hills, 15 for every lofty tower and every fortified wall,
16 for every trading ship and every stately vessel.
17 The arrogance of man will be brought low and the pride of men humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
18 and the idols will totally disappear.
19 Men will flee to caves in the rocks and to holes in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty, when he rises to shake the earth.
20 In that day men will throw away to the rodents and bats their idols of silver and idols of gold, which they made to worship.
21 They will flee to caverns in the rocks and to the overhanging crags from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty, when he rises to shake the earth.

Psa 106:35 But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.

Are we a peculiar people?

Supposed to be, right? We are not supposed to learn the ways of the heathen, but do we? Man, there should be a thread about this topic.

I was rereading everything and it occurred to me we missed something.
In Chapter One, verse four, it says, "They have forsaken the Lord; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him".
Who is the Holy One of Israel?
The Messiah.
I checked further and this is a Messianic reference.
The Holy One of Israel is mentioned 28 times in Isaiah, and we know this book is full of Messianic references.
They are rebelling against Jesus.
I think we should keep this in mind as we continue to read.

I was rereading everything and it occurred to me we missed something.
In Chapter One, verse four, it says, "They have forsaken the Lord; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him".
Who is the Holy One of Israel?
The Messiah.
I checked further and this is a Messianic reference.
The Holy One of Israel is mentioned 28 times in Isaiah, and we know this book is full of Messianic references.
They are rebelling against Jesus.
I think we should keep this in mind as we continue to read.
contextual that is a bit off. the YHWH is jesus and can be interchanged with the Holy One.

Day 6 - I see the vengeance of the Lord against those who have turned their back on YHWH. Christians today say, love love love and disregard Jesus' command to rebuke the wayward (those who turn their back on God). There is a process of sin, in that it has a small beginning but developes into a full scale rejection of God's ways. Somewhere along the way, a believer must comply with James 5:19, 20. "My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins." (ESV)

1 See now, the Lord, the LORD Almighty, is about to take from Jerusalem and Judah both supply and support: all supplies of food and all supplies of water,
2 the hero and warrior, the judge and prophet, the soothsayer and elder,
3 the captain of fifty and man of rank, the counselor, skilled craftsman and clever enchanter.
4 I will make boys their officials; mere children will govern them.
5 People will oppress each other-- man against man, neighbor against neighbor. The young will rise up against the old, the base against the honorable.
6 A man will seize one of his brothers at his father's home, and say, "You have a cloak, you be our leader; take charge of this heap of ruins!"
7 But in that day he will cry out, "I have no remedy. I have no food or clothing in my house; do not make me the leader of the people."
8 Jerusalem staggers, Judah is falling; their words and deeds are against the LORD, defying his glorious presence.
9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
10 Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds.
11 Woe to the wicked! Disaster is upon them! They will be paid back for what their hands have done.
12 Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. O my people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path.
13 The LORD takes his place in court; he rises to judge the people.
14 The LORD enters into judgment against the elders and leaders of his people: "It is you who have ruined my vineyard; the plunder from the poor is in your houses.
15 What do you mean by crushing my people and grinding the faces of the poor?" declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.
16 The LORD says, "The women of Zion are haughty, walking along with outstretched necks, flirting with their eyes, tripping along with mincing steps, with ornaments jingling on their ankles.
17 Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion; the LORD will make their scalps bald."
18 In that day the Lord will snatch away their finery: the bangles and headbands and crescent necklaces,
19 the earrings and bracelets and veils,
20 the headdresses and ankle chains and sashes, the perfume bottles and charms,
21 the signet rings and nose rings,
22 the fine robes and the capes and cloaks, the purses
23 and mirrors, and the linen garments and tiaras and shawls.
24 Instead of fragrance there will be a stench; instead of a sash, a rope; instead of well-dressed hair, baldness; instead of fine clothing, sackcloth; instead of beauty, branding.
25 Your men will fall by the sword, your warriors in battle.
26 The gates of Zion will lament and mourn; destitute, she will sit on the ground.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back