Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Christian does not eat everything

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
so abusing meals isn't a sin?. gluttons have health issues. yes we need to look at that. 300lbs, have health issues. work to lose weight, an kill the source that makes eat food for comfort . im not saying all overeaters are that way but its a sin.

Yes people should look after themselves, if eating lots makes them obese and gives health issues, then they should not glutton, as for others who it does not give health issues, then can eat much food and stay healthy. Everyone to there own. Im not talking unhealthy food.

Should people not eat much just because some people gain weight.

Seventh Day Adventist Church? Their religion has rules like that? I guess that's one more reason I'm not one of them. But I've known a few of them and never knew any to follow OT laws like that. Are there different sects which have different laws they make them follow?
Yea - the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

I know diddly about their belief - except that they are very committed to the belief. They worship on Saturday. never try to invite them to any occasion on Saturdays. theyd never listen to you

Seventh Day Adventist Church? Their religion has rules like that? I guess that's one more reason I'm not one of them. But I've known a few of them and never knew any to follow OT laws like that. Are there different sects which have different laws they make them follow?

I know little about their promise - except that they are very committed to the belief. They worship on Saturday. never try to invite them to any occasion on Saturdays. theyd never listen to you

A Christian does not eat everything, my minister friend told me.
This is, or should be, a true statement. Although most Christians believe they can eat all sorts of unclean abominations, they should all agree that they cannot eat blood or anything that would cause another to stumble.

I know little about their promise - except that they are very committed to the belief. They worship on Saturday. never try to invite them to any occasion on Saturdays. theyd never listen to you

Why dont they just worship God everyday. How is only day more important to the Lord than another. Oh how sad it must be commited to a church system of rules and regulation.

Why dont they just worship God everyday. How is only day more important to the Lord than another. Oh how sad it must be commited to a church system of rules and regulation.
Although I am NOT a SDA, I am a Sabbath keeper and I can freely worship seven days a week. I'm sure SDAs would feel the same. Us Sabbath keepers simply do not do secular work on the seventh day of the week as per the 4th commandment of the "Ten Commandments" (Ex 20:8-11). Ironically, it is the Catholic/Christian church system that made rules and regulation about the Sabbath that go against Yahweh's Sabbath commandment. Sunday worship and Saturday as a work day are based on the traditions of the church, not on any command from our Creator.

A friend of mine told me his fat chicken died. he's got this poultry thing, and one day he discovered one of his little animals died. he didnt eat that. he threw it away, saying it lost it blood.

Another told me they dont eat any animal that does not have blood: snails, crayfish, crabs etc
You've got yerself some STRANGE friends, m'thinks.

This is, or should be, a true statement. Although most Christians believe they can eat all sorts of unclean abominations, they should all agree that they cannot eat blood or anything that would cause another to stumble.
No, that would be the Jewish religion, not Christianity. As for stumbling, that passage obviously has to refer to knowingly and purposely causing someone to stumble, otherwise none of us have any hope of following that.

No, that would be the Jewish religion, not Christianity.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.​

Is this not saying all believers should abstain from eating blood and strangled animals? Therefore, "a Christian does not eat everything."

As for stumbling, that passage obviously has to refer to knowingly and purposely causing someone to stumble, otherwise none of us have any hope of following that.
The fact of the matter is, a Christian should not knowingly eat something that may cause another to stumble. Therefore, "a Christian
does not eat everything".

Classik said:
There is a limit to what a Christian eats. He eats selectively - and not everywhere!
This, too, is then true.

Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.​

Is this not saying all believers should abstain from eating blood and strangled animals? Therefore, "a Christian does not eat everything."...
Ok,ok. I won't drink blood. Never have and never had any desire to. As for how the animals were killed, how would I even know? I doubt many slaughter houses actually strangle animals these days. If nothing else, it's just really inefficient! Ever try to get a bull or a cow in a headlock and strangle it? :lol
The fact of the matter is, a Christian should not knowingly eat something that may cause another to stumble. Therefore, "a Christian
does not eat everything".
As I said; "...that passage obviously has to refer to knowingly and purposely causing someone to stumble..." That doesn't mean I can't eat it when that weak person isn't around. :nono

it can not get any plainer than this, people should not try to change what the Bible says.
Gen 9:
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Is this not saying all believers should abstain from eating blood and strangled animals? Therefore, "a Christian does not eat everything."

I like my steak well done. And the meat I eat has not been strangled.

A Christian does not eat everything, my minister friend told me.

There is a limit to what a Christian eats. He eats selectively - and not everywhere! He eats for strength and growth, not for the taste and pleasantness of the food
AMEN !! I am very picky where I eat. If you do not watch what you eat then eventually you got to get all that junk wormen around in you out before it begins to affect your faith.
I am going on the spiritual side of eating here as the OP seems to be.
Blessings
James W

I like my steak well done. And the meat I eat has not been strangled.
I think some one is using a play on words just to be right. when most of the world say they can eat every thing it is imo speaking of plant and animal not the blood and not strangled animals. word play is what i see.
I placed this in the wrong post I think.

Last edited:
The old Christian ascetical fathers wrote that lust of the belly leads to lust of the flesh, as a direct correlation. A man is more inclined to avert his wandering eye if he's first able to leave the table a little peckish. I tend to agree with the OP. I believe the outward appearance of a slothful, glottonous man is evident by the shape of his surroundings and the shape of his body. And although there are exceptions, someone who is physically slothful is often spiritually slothful as well. I wish I would've taken all that into consideration years ago before I let myself get so overweight. Discipline is a Godly virtue, and it's carved out of rock. It isn't just given away.

Back