Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Christian shouldn't get sick.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Tim,

I think every Christian has heard the below joke, and I believe just like the truck, boat, and helicopter God put doctors on earth as a way to look after us.

GodWill Save Me

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the heavy rain fall when a national guard truck came by and the person in it said,"You can't stay here you have to come with us."

The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the truck left.

A little while later the water was up to the second floor,and a rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.

The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him.

An hour later the water was up to the roof and a helicopter approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.

Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will grant a miracle & save him." So the helicopter left him.

Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me? I thought you would grand me a miracle and you have let me down."

God replied, "You idiot, I don't know what you're complaining about. I sent a truck, boat, and helicopter for you!!"

Be blessed.

Toby

Very funny:toofunny
What will you do when a truck,boat,or helicopter, cant save you?
or when they tell you that you have to have a certain "mark" before you can ride their truck, boat , helicopter?
Dont be deceived, better gets some real faith before you need it!

<dir>Php 3:18

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
</dir>
Php 3:20

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Tim,

I think every Christian has heard the below joke, and I believe just like the truck, boat, and helicopter God put doctors on earth as a way to look after us.

GodWill Save Me

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the heavy rain fall when a national guard truck came by and the person in it said,"You can't stay here you have to come with us."

A little while later the water was up to the second floor,and a rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.

An hour later the water was up to the roof and a helicopter approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.

Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will grant a miracle & save him." So the helicopter left him.

Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me? I thought you would grand me a miracle and you have let me down."

God replied, "You idiot, I don't know what you're complaining about. I sent a truck, boat, and helicopter for you!!"

Be blessed.

Toby

Yes, I have. I known that joke (or a variation of it) for over 40 years now.

So, I guess the trick is to discern a truly good truck, boat and helicopter and not poorly maintained ones that will "save" me, then crash. I'm sure the latter come a dime a dozen as I see all around me.

Tim,

GodWill Save Me

Be blessed.

Toby

Interesting! Hilarious! :lol A joke tho

Very funny:toofunny
What will you do when a truck,boat,or helicopter, cant save you?
or when they tell you that you have to have a certain "mark" before you can ride their truck, boat , helicopter?
Dont be deceived, better gets some real faith before you need it!

<dir>Php 3:18

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
</dir>
Php 3:20

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Fabulous! :thumbsup The old man did exercise his faith, maybe. FAITH!

I'm beginning to think that Godly Alternatives are for people without faith/people with little faith or for unbelievers. There are two things to choose from.

Christians do get sick and suffer thru terrible diseases and illnesses.

Our Pastors 5 yr old son has been battling cancer for 2 yrs now...what possible sin could this child have done to cause this?

My husband is terminally ill and will pass away any day now. He is a devout Christian man and gave his life to Christ over 35 years ago. I have watched him SUFFER in pain because of his disease for 4 months but every morning he wakes up, he smiles and says, "Thank you Lord for giving me another day with my beautiful wife".

Prior to being ill, my husband was a very health conscious, active man.

Life happens....but we are both thankful we have our faith because that is how we get through each day. We raised our 4 kids in a Christian home and our 4 grandkids are also being raised in the Lord.

I really find it offensive to say Christians shouldn't get sick.

I suggest you go visit a Children's Hospital in your local city or a Palliative Christian Hospice and talk to people.....without believing in Christ and knowing our love ones are going to a better place and free of their suffering, what possible comfort could we have.

I just wanted to give you my opinion with caring for a "Sick Christian",

Kim

In loud objections Christians have raised, I haven't heard the smallest peep of objection by the "Christians shouldn't get sick" crowd against Obama's insurance mandate on the grounds that medical care is useless to Christians.

Christians do get sick and suffer thru terrible diseases and illnesses.

Our Pastors 5 yr old son has been battling cancer for 2 yrs now...what possible sin could this child have done to cause this?

My husband is terminally ill and will pass away any day now. He is a devout Christian man and gave his life to Christ over 35 years ago. I have watched him SUFFER in pain because of his disease for 4 months but every morning he wakes up, he smiles and says, "Thank you Lord for giving me another day with my beautiful wife".

Prior to being ill, my husband was a very health conscious, active man.

Life happens....but we are both thankful we have our faith because that is how we get through each day. We raised our 4 kids in a Christian home and our 4 grandkids are also being raised in the Lord.

I really find it offensive to say Christians shouldn't get sick.

I suggest you go visit a Children's Hospital in your local city or a Palliative Christian Hospice and talk to people.....without believing in Christ and knowing our love ones are going to a better place and free of their suffering, what possible comfort could we have.

I just wanted to give you my opinion with caring for a "Sick Christian",

Kim

Kim:

Yes, the notion is preposterous.

Paul had a thorn in the flesh, for which he besought the Lord to remove it, but He didn't and so Paul saw that it was so that he could rest in God's grace.

Paul also said to Timothy (a young man), Take a little wine for thy stomach's sake, for thine often infirmities.

Trusting that you and your husband will know God's gracious strength day by day. Blessings.

Welcome Kim, Your post is well stated...I do believe most Christian folks are in agreement with you!

has anyone seen this yet, man in wheelchair gets healed..
type after youtube address watch?v=xF5ADu-UKNY

:pray

has anyone seen this yet, man in wheelchair gets healed..
type after youtube address watch?v=xF5ADu-UKNY

[video=youtube;xF5ADu-UKNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF5ADu-UKNY[/video]

Not healed. And, no one in that crowd demonstrated the least bit of discernment.

The man looks like he has Cerebral Palsy. The man looks sick after supposedly being healed. The man needed help walking after supposedly being healed.

People with severe Cerebral Palsy typically use a wheelchair, but still have some ability to walk. Just like this man. Further evidence that he could walk before being healed is that his wheelchair isn't electric. People who have no ability to walk use electric wheelchairs. People who have limited ability to walk use non-electric wheelchairs.

Fake healings might excite naive crowds. But, they cause Christians to lose credibility.

i was hoping someone would clarify that, good look on that hammer. it's hard to pinpoint what's really going on here. if everything is fake then why all the people in the video, are they in on it too. that's a lot of fake people praying. i dunno, the whole thing seems strange. it is after a jesus culture concert though, why wouldn't you believe healings could take place. why go through all that just to fake it.

i was hoping someone would clarify that, good look on that hammer. it's hard to pinpoint what's really going on here. if everything is fake then why all the people in the video, are they in on it too. that's a lot of fake people praying. i dunno, the whole thing seems strange. it is after a jesus culture concert though, why wouldn't you believe healings could take place. why go through all that just to fake it.

Looking at the video, without regard to any opinion about faith healing, the evidence suggests this man wasn't healed at all. He could walk before, and he can't walk any better now. I didn't say everything in the video is fake. I'm sure most people there are sincere. I accused them of lacking discernment, not in being fake. The ones I accuse of being fake are the two men in caps, holding the sick man.

The video also has a link to a man's leg growing. This is fake. The man has his hips slightly rotated to make one leg look shorter than the other. He just untwisted a little and he's "healed".

Looking at the video, without regard to any opinion about faith healing, the evidence suggests this man wasn't healed at all. He could walk before, and he can't walk any better now. I didn't say everything in the video is fake. I'm sure most people there are sincere. I accused them of lacking discernment, not in being fake. The ones I accuse of being fake are the two men in caps, holding the sick man.

The video also has a link to a man's leg growing. This is fake. The man has his hips slightly rotated to make one leg look shorter than the other. He just untwisted a little and he's "healed".

<dir>Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
<dir>Jas 5:14

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Real believers pray for the sick, and they recover
False believers, believe nothing and doubt everything.

<dir>Jud 1:10

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Jud 1:11
<dir>Jud 1:18

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
</dir>

Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
</dir>
</dir>

</dir>

Mitspa, if you don't care that something is obviously fake, then you don't care if it's ever real.
Well I did not watch the video?

Whoever placed the video on the forum, should explain why or why not they believe it is true or false!
I do know that when believers pray, that its not always immediate, that one is healed complete. "the Lord will raise them up"
Now you as a "christian" should know that things often happen in Gods time? You pray for more work and it dont just fall out of heaven everytime does it?

I have seen many healed, and its almost never a "zap" your healed!
But God is faithful to His Word! The prayer of FAITH will save the sick!

Now it appears to me that some of you are trying to cast doubt on things you may not understand?
I suggest that you or someone you love, may need some healing one day from God?
I assure you, you will not make fun and sport if it comes in "Gods Time". Nor will you be so quick to judge things that you see with your natural eyes!

I remember the sisters of Lazarus who complaind that if Jesus had come sooner, Lazarus would still be alive. Yet the centurian said Lord, just say the word and my daughter will be healed. For I am a man under authority---. The man understood authority, and that Jesus had authority over demons as well as sickness.

My good friend was in her late 70s when she developed liver cancer. She said that she knew exactly when it came upon her because she had become so low in funds that she had no money for food and had become very frightened. She already lost down to 86 pounds. The tumor on her liver mestasicized by the time she went to the doctor (having no money). They found it had grown till she appeared pregnant and had broken 3 ribs! The doctor told her to get her affairs in order because she had only a week to live. Friends visited her in the hospital and prayed for her for hours till they felt she had been delivered of the cancer. She said that first the fear left her. I saw her several months later. The tumor was shrinking. 4 months later it was gone and lab tests came back cancer free.
Yes, God heals. But others he takes home. Many have to endure horendous pain.
I really don't think that sickness glorifies God. Some say that the grace in which they bear the pain is a witness. That may be true but it still makes me stinkin angry at Satan for bringing such affliction upon people who love God, or anyone else, for that matter.
Yes, Jesus purchased our healing when he went to the cross, just as He purchased our salvation. But people must believe He is the Christ and received Him into their lives to be saved. We never know for sure how or if God is going to heal.
One person He spit in the dirt and put mud in their eyes. Another He told to bathe in a pool. We are told to ask for the elders to pray for us. We are told to confess out sins to each other. We are told to discern the body of Christ. This may be remembering His toture in stipes on the matza of the Lord's Supper, or seeing Him as the bread of Life, or even recognizing each other as a part of the Body of Christ. It may be all of the above. It is remembering the covenant of Grace ratified by His blood and that by it our sins are forgiven. It is also by grace that we are healed. The bottom line is that He doesn't want us to depend on a formula. We need to depend on the person of the Messiah. He heals out of compassion, having suffered as we have yet without sin. So we have a great High Priest Who lives to make intercession for us. Heb 2:17-18
It was in the hospital caring for people near death or in great suffering that I saw the greatest
witness. Unsaved were full of fear. Saved were filled with compassion for their visitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
God will help me claim His promises....tho I've been sick lately.

Hey Classik, I'm sorry you are sick. We can pray for you, if you aren't well by now. :) That was posted several days ago.

Isaiah 53:3 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live to righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.

The Lord does heal, because of the stripes that were put on his back, he was beaten so we can be healed. We pray, believe and recieve healing from Him. But sometimes there are hindrances to receiving healing and there is always the devil who tries to block us from recieving anything from God. Healing is usually a gradual process. If we keep believing then we will get better and better until we are well. If we are healed immediately then that would be called a miracle, not healing, but it just happens that way sometime though.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back