Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A question about Witchcraft

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Chris.

I have a question about witchcraft. Do you guys give it any credibility in harming someone or actually working?

I have a question about witchcraft. Do you guys give it any credibility in harming someone or actually working?

Yes. It's potentially very harmful. When I was a teen, my brother and I played with a Ouija board and Tarot cards. If there is a spiritual realm, as I sense you would agree there is, occult devices and practices such as these represent an unguarded entrance to that realm that you don't ever want to open.

Jesus said no one comes to the Father but by Him. Jesus is the gate through which His sheep pass, ruling out any other means by which we may approach God. So if Jesus is the only way to the Father, yet occult practices - such as sorcery, witchcraft, and divination - represent a door to the spiritual realm, here's the bad news: that door isn't opening to the Father.

And if it isn't opening to the Father, you run the risk of exposing yourself to spiritual influences that don't have your best interests in mind.

Take it from someone who's been there: don't mess with this stuff.

From personal experience, yes it "works" in the sense that some spells and rituals, when done properly, can have an effect. It is, however, very dangerous and does not always work in the manner that people expect. Basically, you're opening up a door. You usually have little to no control over what comes through or what it does when it gets here.

May I ask why you are interested?

From personal experience, yes it "works" in the sense that some spells and rituals, when done properly, can have an effect. It is, however, very dangerous and does not always work in the manner that people expect. Basically, you're opening up a door. You usually have little to no control over what comes through or what it does when it gets here.

May I ask why you are interested?
because I get the feeling that some other Christians are scared of it and wondered why.

Part of me if not most thinks its fear based nonsense and God is the only real power that I should be revering and scared of. if It works why does christianity prevail over everything?

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Romans 8

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
because I get the feeling that some other Christians are scared of it and wondered why.

No Christian should be involved with practices that God singles out as "abominable." Sorcery, witchcraft, and divination are three such practices.

a part of me thinks its fear based nonsense and God is the only real power that I should be revering and scared of. if its so good why does christianity prevail over everything?

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed. Jude 1:9-10 (NASB)

If Michael the archangel didn't taunt Satan, who are we to do so?

Don't be "that guy."

No Christian should be involved with practices that God singles out as "abominable." Sorcery, witchcraft, and divination are three such practices.

But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed. Jude 1:9-10 (NASB)

If Michael the archangel didn't taunt Satan, who are we to do so?

Don't be "that guy."
i don't get what you mean. I wasn't talking about meddling with it. i really dont consider people like you and me who practice different faiths as satan and i am sure they don't either.. I sure don't think the guy down the street is satan because he calls himself a witch etc. Satan is a big mean dude but someone Jesus defeated and I belong to Jesus.

Bad intent via spells comes from peoples desires not Satan I would have thought. I would think if The lord would protect me or any christian from it under normal circumstances. Asking here is not taunting satan it is discussing our place in protection.

Under normal circumstances, perhaps. But those who disobey God's commandments to seek power cannot expect to be under His protection while doing so.
I think that too. My thoughts are the normal believer attending church and has nothing to do with it doing Gods work has nothing to fear.

i believe it works in the sense that it affects the one doing the spells or whatever. like, you have bad dreams and you decide to hang a dream catcher over your bed, then you stop having bad dreams not because the dream catcher works by itself but because you believe it works. so spells to increase confidence might work. they only affect the psychological realm but never the physical realm.

i don't get what you mean. I wasn't talking about meddling with it. i really dont consider people like you and me who practice different faiths as satan and i am sure they don't either.. I sure don't think the guy down the street is satan because he calls himself a witch etc. Satan is a big mean dude but someone Jesus defeated and I belong to Jesus.

Bad intent via spells comes from peoples desires not Satan I would have thought. I would think if The lord would protect me or any christian from it under normal circumstances. Asking here is not taunting satan it is discussing our place in protection.

When I wrote "don't be that guy", the intent was to communicate that you shouldn't be "that guy" that messes with things you don't understand; "that guy" that taunts Satan.

a long time ago ... like when I was in 8th grade I use to practice witchcraft and I had a book of spells ... well I did some of them just to get even with a girl that I knew and was causing problems and well ... I did some damage to her and well ... it was bad too ... { to ask what I did ... I cannot member right off } so just take my word for it ...

DO NOT DO IT !!!

All these witchcraft thing, magic, charms, this and that are the devils. You must not be educated, you musn't read all those stuff to communicate with evil spirits.

Take for instance, if you begin worshipping a tyre, making sacrifices to it and believing it's a god....do not be surprised that one day that tyre will respond. What the enemy does is simply manifest its power through it.

Be careful what you do!!!

That's what I was asking if you know Christians that are frightened by people who claim to practice it.

I assume from the answers above that some think it works and can alter natural events. It boggles my mind how a concoction of plant ingredients if thats what they do could alter any events.

That's what I was asking if you know Christians that are frightened by people who claim to practice it.

No.

I assume from the answers above that some think it works and can alter natural events.

No. The far, far greater danger is that it alters the person using it.

It boggles my mind how a concoction of plant ingredients if thats what they do could alter any events.

I've never dabbled in witchcraft or sorcery but there are those who have and say that it has caused harm to others. I can't say one way or another if that's true. I don't know. But it seems to me that any time someone opens a door to things they don't understand and can't control they create a situation in which someone could be harmed.

It would also seem to me that the person most likely to be harmed is the one standing in the doorway after opening it.

Therefore, it would seem to me that the best policy would be never to open that door in the first place.

I assume from the answers above that some think it works and can alter natural events.

It can

It boggles my mind how a concoction of plant ingredients if thats what they do could alter any events.

A concoction of plant ingredients can cure diseases, induce radical hallucinogenic/behavior changes, kill people, combine to form explosives, power heavy machinery, or any number of other surprising things.

Having said that, there's a lot more to this sort of thing than simple alchemy.

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee

There a few more verses... A fear of witchcraft? Not afraid of some casting a spell on me ...Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world....Not a touch worried about voodoo nope.

As has been said here in different ways stay away from it God calls it an abomination and that is good enough reason for me..

Good on you reba your not worried and nor am I. I really believe what you said about greater is god than he who is in the world. If any followers of wicca etc read this I want them to know how powerful God is and the protection, confidence and solace that can be found Jesus.

They only affect the psychological realm but never the physical realm.

Unfortunately that is not true. I am sorry. I hope this is something that is never 'proven' to you. I have learned from it, but I was not better off because of it.

Back