Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A question about Witchcraft

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee

These verses are a good part of why i dont 'do ' Harry Potter,s I never like the TV shows Bewitched, or I dream of Jennie. These sweet little things IMO gave acceptance to such they were the 'foot in the door' so to speak.....

I know many good Christian folks disagree with me ... I like differences

Unfortunately that is not true. I am sorry. I hope this is something that is never 'proven' to you. I have learned from it, but I was not better off because of it.

i wish to add that i don't want to underestimate the effects they can have through the actions of people that they affect.

I have a question about witchcraft. Do you guys give it any credibility in harming someone or actually working?

Yes, it can work.
Yes, some chridtians are frightened by it.
Yes, a christian is normally under protection.

For myself, I am wary, as I know what it can do.
I am also wary, as my Lord has allowed some to get to me and mine.

Mark

Witchcraft? Magic?

What?

I don't think there is such a thing as magic.
I thought we kinda got over that with the Salem Witch Trials.

You guys don't honestly...

Please tell me you don't.

Magic to me has always been 'the slight of hand' card tricks , pulling the rabbit out of the hat, stuff.

Witchcraft is evil.

Witchcraft? Magic?

What?

I don't think there is such a thing as magic.
I thought we kinda got over that with the Salem Witch Trials.

You guys don't honestly...

Please tell me you don't.
Magic is done by a Magician.

A lot of people practice Magick as a part of their religion such as Wicca etc. Some try to use it to alter events in life.

I am with you in the belief dept. I am very sceptical on this one of it working.

Being skeptical is your privilege, Chris.
You might want to do a study on the book of Exodus though. :study

mark

This witchcraft thing is supposedly true - or in fact is true. What is witchcraft? It is just the craft of the witches ;)

Being skeptical is your privilege, Chris.
You might want to do a study on the book of Exodus though. :study

mark
I read a verse somewhere in the NT about "do not fear"

Part of that is not believing toadstool and herb soup is gonna hex me.

If I fear it or respect it it wins from the very beginning.
re exodus everywhere else says God is supreme over it.

I'm not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a verse somewhere in the NT about "do not fear"

Part of that is not believing toadstool and herb soup is gonna hex me.

If I fear it or respect it it wins from the very beginning.
re exodus everywhere else says God is supreme over it.

I'm not buying it.
So instead of referring to God's word, you will choose to remain ignorant.
Pretty typical for church folks, sad though that is.

hmmm.. toadstools and herb soup... interesting. I seldom bothered with any
props at all, much less culinary ones. :toofunny

I dont doubt that there is something to witch craft but My God showed His power of the wizards of the day in Exodus

Exo 7:12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

We dont need fear witchcraft. We serve the living God

I dont doubt that there is something to witch craft but My God showed His power of the wizards of the day in Exodus

Exo 7:12 We dont need fear witchcraft. We serve the living God

Right Smack:thumbsup
A FIFA football for you

I used to be into the occult but never witchcraft though I had a book. If you listen to testimonies of former satanists or witches you will hear how demons can give people serving them power. I assume Christians have protection. I definately don't think you should just dismiss the powers of the enemy. Or that they even have power. Christians can be oppressed by demons. I've unfortunatley comunicated with demons. I don't think the average Christian should fear someone enlisting a demon against them but I don't think you should act like demons don't exist either.

Exo 7:12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

We dont need fear witchcraft. We serve the living God
well put, ma'am. :biggrin

I am not a wiccan but do worship god in both his male and female form in my mind the goddess that a wiccan friend of mine worships is just gods female side my friend stated to me that he be lives his go and godless are just different forms of what he calls the great spirit I find this a close comparison to the Christian god

I have a question about witchcraft. Do you guys give it any credibility in harming someone or actually working?

No. It won't work IF you are in Christ.

There was an officially documented case in India where a Christian physician challenged all the witchcraft practisers to do something. I think he even gave things that they require (not sure). He gave a time time of 40 days and after which, he was visited again and he is well and good the witchcraft people were not able to do anything. This was air-ed on television too.

The point it, IF you have His Spirit in you and your are His child (I mean a true believer), NOT a hair on your head will fall without the approval of the God who created everything. What can a witchcraft do to you without the approval of God?

I still remember when I was a child, and travelling with my friends, they pointed out a small burnt area where they said it is witchcraft and things can affect you. It was actually fun to go to that place and stamp on all over the place and say ooops.. it doesn't work. Yet again, I had a college friend who said he can call spirits and people will vomit blood. I said, wow! let me come in and see which spirit can come. He warned me that I will vomit blood and I said it's fine... because, I never believed him at the first place ... and I was waiting all night and nothing happened.

As I said, if you believe in Christ, He will NOT give ANY approval to Satan to harm you. If you believe in witchcraft that it can harm you THEN, you never believed in Christ nor acknowledged His authority.

It is very real. I've seen an ex satanic high priest turned Christian speak and he spoke of one instance where they called upon a demon to harm someone. The demon came back angry and warned them never to send him to a Christian again. Satan lets them exercise this little bit of power, therefor they think because God's people are not able to do those things that the real power must be with Satan. This instance helped lead him to change his ways, as he thought "hey, I thought WE had all the power? What do you mean don't send you to a Christian?"

Before my husband and I were married we belonged to a bible study at the church he grew up in. The couple who led the group were barely in their 30's, were covered in tattoos and found the Lord when they started dabbling in satanism and weird things started to happen around them (ie door knobs jiggling while they were doing whatever ceremonial things they did). They realize how real it was and ran!!

When I was 11 we moved into a new house and I started feeling that it was haunted. I felt a male "spirit", whether it was actually a deceased persons ghost or a demon or what, I don't know anything about.. But it felt like as soon as I stepped out of my bedroom he was right behind me, almost leaning over my shoulder even. If I were alone I would turn on every light and almost run through the house and straight back to my room. Anyway, it was like torture until I moved out and once I found God I used his Word to keep that thing away from me, and it worked.

Around then a girl from my class was dressing like a witch and claiming to be a witch. Of course we thought she was crazy and laughed at her when she claimed it. She spat out a few lines in some crazy language and then said it was a curse. I cannot remember if this was before I started to feel that evil spirit or not but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a curse she put on me! I wouldn't put it past Satan to give the power to torment people in that way, or grant requests from his followers to do harm.

Of course, the name Jesus Christ will beat out evil EVERY TIME.

the bible says that it works, that the magicians and sorcerors were able to dublicate many of the signs God gave to Moses to show he had God behind him

witchcraft and sorcery would never continue through the ages if there were no real tangable effects, satan has given power to these practicioners to pull people away from believing and following God alone, they will pay with their souls for doing so, God hates witchcraft and sorcery, it shouldn't be glorified in any way shape or form whether real or fiction, its practice is an abomination before God

Back