Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A terrific TRINITY Scripture passage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is perhaps the single biggest problem in Christianity--the postmodern mentality which says we discover our truth. As a result are numerous false teachers, false prophets, and an all but completely fractured Church.

You can't imagine how depressing it is for me to hear your sentiments on this matter Free.

People died - were burnt, cut in half, drowned, had molten lead poured down their ears, were grasped by red hot tongs - and only heaven knows what other horrors in the Middle Ages so that we can have the freedom to be Free thinking about the word of God.

They refused to allow the priests and the pope to do their thinking for them, and went, painfully, and often at the cost of their lives, to the scriptures to hear what God the Lord had spoken.

And here are you, using a nom-de-plume like 'Free', saying we should go back to allowing this class, this group, to do our religious thinking for us. May you be forgiven by those men and women who died so we could have this privilege.

I'm sorry, but I can't join you.

Just look at theLords last few posts - crammed with church history, and the opinions of men, supporting the insupportable with history because scripture is so unfriendly to the teaching.

It is, you know.

Do you really think that such gyrations are necessary for salvation? Why should the child of God spend aeons accumulating and piling up such materials as those, when we have the biblical text right there before us? That text that people were burnt at the stake so that we should have and be able to read ?

Don't you see that something is terribly wrong here?

'To the law and to the testimony' is the statement of the prophet, and Jesus backs him up right to the hilt.

'Have you never read?' He said so often. Read what? Theological and historical tomes of tripe? No, scripture.

Go thou and do likewise, is His advice, and I model mine on His. Give it some serious thought.

And yet I have shown the problems with this argument.
The problems you raised weren't very convincing Free. Remember, not many wise, not many noble are called...

Last edited by a moderator:
i have learned that by faith if the spirit does tell one person a thing it will be found with easy support in the bible. no twisting needed.

if two groups say they have the revalation of god, where do they go? the bible, and if a word or in depth study is needed that is a sin.

oh thats right, the person stating they have the spirit is right. circular in nature.

no man told me this translation in the kjv was poor.

if any man hateth not his mother and father he cant be a disciple of mine. yet what does the ten commandments and paul say? kinda the opposite.

so what did that word hate mean?love less or prefer less. not hate as in despise. funny the hs told me that and yet when one looks to koine greek that is what that word exactly means.

but sometimes we men think we have the time to study the word and be illerate and also not learn from scholars that we pray to lead us or god leads us to.

no man has the bible right and perfect theology. i have seen men and women make the same mistake with eschatology as asychritus does.

no man has the bible right and perfect theology. i have seen men and women make the same mistake with eschatology as asychritus does.

I don't think I've ever commented on eschatology Jason. Not on this forum anyway.

I really don't understand why God should bother leading people to the right 'teacher'/ guru/ theologian when, at the cost of so many people's lives, He's given us the Word.

Can you think of a reason?

God uses the strong and the weak. But when one accuses another's testimony as inferior; he makes his own just as inferior. That's where the credibility is lost.

Have you never read Galatians, 1 John, 2 Peter, Jude all saying that there were VERY 'inferior' teachings and teachers about?

Have they too lost credibility?

TL, you clearly have no idea of the damage 'scholars' have done, are doing and will continue to do.

Ever heard of Higher Criticism? Guess where that (the most pernicious and evil attack on the Bible as the Word of God ever) originated?

Yeah, you guessed it - with the 'scholars' you're supporting so strongly. I will excuse your lack of knowledge - but did you know that 'modern scholars' come from the same stable?

Did you know that the 'Enlightenment' philosophy, to which qualifying 'priests' in the Church of England HAD to subscribe if they wanted to advance in the church, had as one of the cardinal tenets, the rejection of the physical resurrection of Christ?

Knew that? No, I didn't think so. (BTW, that comes from Tom Wright, no less!)

So shouldn't you be a bit more circumspect about supporting this bunch of people?

Sorry, but I'm locking this topic down for a while. I will clean out what I consider to be off topic or unneeded. Plus, since this wasn't really a question, but a defense of a particular doctrine, it will be moved to a more appropriate forum.

:nod

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back