Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

About "Demons"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mark1980

Negative entities are called into their consciousness by people who have negative evil thoughts, curse and complain, do bad things to other people or take drugs and drink alcohol, these entities (demons) can then control them more and more, the biggest stage is when a person is " possessed” …
You need to get rid of them by being connected to the light, these are people who eat little, for example a small meal once a day, they don't drink alcohol, they are isolated from people and don't talk much, also during the day and when you sleep with the light, praying the holy rosary will keep you the most , who does the 4 parts before going to bed, he will definitely visit the higher worlds at night, or you need to pray to God (someone can say to the source of the universe) to expel demons from your soul….
Some people summon demons into their souls voluntarily, occultists, most politicians, etc., they have contracts with them, in return these entities help them to wealth and fame, etc., in return they bind their souls, the demons leave these people alone until the people want to get rid of them , only after they attack they have a "free hand", they can also kill them at any time and keep them (permanently or for a while?) in their dark world...
You recognize these people, they have three sixes ..on their car number plate, in their phone number, in their date of birth, in their company number...

Some companies put satanic images in their logos

There is no such thing as "demons" or "devils"; such things came from the "pagan beliefs" that did exist before the coming of Christ. People do evil, because "they" make the choice to do so; of their own free will. To blame an "other-worldly force" is just nonsense.

E, I agree, but disagree. Very complex on the things we struggle with. Agree we need to make good choices. But there are evil spirits being born, there are evil spirits not given a body, and they do the will of their father the Satan. I would think you don't read the bible and other books. I know a couple people that see these things and I know it's true and know they are telling the truth when they speak about them.

I believe that "demons" are fallen angels. Here are a couple of short articles concerning both them and their leader.

DEMONS
GOD HAS SUPERNATURAL OPPONENTS
They sacrificed to demons, which are not God—gods they had not known,
gods that recently appeared, gods your fathers did not fear.
DEUTERONOMY 32:17
“Demon,” or “devil” as earlier translations rendered the words, is the Greek daimon and daimonion, the regular terms in the Gospels for the spiritual beings, corrupt and hostile to both God and man, whom Jesus exorcised from their victims in large numbers during his earthly ministry. The demons were fallen angels, deathless creatures serving Satan (Jesus equated Beelzebub, their reputed prince, with Satan: Matt. 12:24–29). Having joined Satan’s rebellion, they were cast out of heaven to await final judgment (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6). Their minds are permanently set to oppose God, goodness, truth, the kingdom of Christ, and the welfare of human beings, and they have real if limited power and freedom of movement, though in Calvin’s picturesque phrase they drag their chains wherever they go and can never hope to overcome God.
The level and intensity of demonic manifestations in people during Christ’s ministry was unique, having no parallel in Old Testament times or since; it was doubtless part of Satan’s desperate battle for his kingdom against Christ’s attack on it (Matt. 12:29). Demons were revealed as having knowledge and strength (Mark 1:24; 9:17–27). They inflicted, or at least exploited, physical and mental maladies (Mark 5:1–15; 9:17–18; Luke 11:14). They recognized and feared Christ, to whose authority they were subject (Mark 1:25; 3:11–12; 9:25), though by his own confession it was only through effort in prayer that he was able to expel them (Mark 9:29).
Christ authorized and equipped the Twelve and the seventy to exorcise in his name (i.e., by his power—Luke 9:1; 10:17), and the ministry of exorcism continues still as an occasional pastoral necessity. The sixteenth-century Lutheran church abolished exorcism, believing that Christ’s victory over Satan had suppressed demonic invasion forever, but this was premature.
Satan’s army of demons uses subtler strategies also, namely, deception and discouragement in many forms. Opposing these is the essence of spiritual warfare (Eph. 6:10–18). Though demons can give trouble of many kinds to regenerate persons in whom the Holy Spirit dwells, they cannot finally thwart God’s purpose of saving his elect any more than they can finally avoid their own eternal torment. As the devil is God’s devil (that is Luther’s phrase), so the demons are God’s demons, defeated enemies (Col. 2:15) whose limited power is prolonged only for the advancement of God’s glory as his people contend with them. ~Packer, J. I. (1993). Concise theology: a guide to historic Christian beliefs (pp. 67–68). Tyndale House.

--David

Cont................

SATAN
FALLEN ANGELS HAVE A LEADER
One day the angels came to present themselves
before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.
JOB 1:6
Satan, leader of the fallen angels, comes like them into full view only in the New Testament. His name means “adversary” (opponent of God and his people), and the Old Testament introduces him as such (1 Chron. 21:1; Job 1–2; Zech. 3:1–2). The New Testament gives him revealing titles: “devil” (diabolos) means accuser (i.e., of God’s people: Rev. 12:9–10); “Apollyon” (Rev. 9:11) means destroyer; “the tempter” (Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5) and “the evil one” (1 John 5:18–19) mean what they say; “prince” and “god of this world” point to Satan as presiding over mankind’s anti-God life-styles (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; 2 Cor. 4:4; cf. Eph. 2:2; 1 John 5:19; Rev. 12:9). Jesus said that Satan was always a murderer and is the father of lies—that is, he is both the original liar and the sponsor of all subsequent falsehood and deceits (John 8:44). Finally, he is identified as the serpent who fooled Eve in Eden (Rev. 12:9; 20:2). The picture is one of unimaginable meanness, malice, fury, and cruelty directed against God, against God’s truth, and against those to whom God has extended his saving love.

Satan’s deceptive cunning is highlighted by Paul’s statement that he becomes an angel of light, disguising evil as good (2 Cor. 11:14). His destructive ferocity comes out in the description of him as a roaring, devouring lion (1 Pet. 5:8) and as a dragon (Rev. 12:9). As he was Christ’s sworn foe (Matt. 4:1–11; 16:23; Luke 4:13; John 14:30; Luke 22:3, 53), so now he is the Christian’s, always probing for weaknesses, misdirecting strengths, and undermining faith, hope, and character (Luke 22:32; 2 Cor. 2:11; 11:3–15; Eph. 6:16). He should be taken seriously, for malice and cunning make him fearsome; yet not so seriously as to provoke abject terror of him, for he is a beaten enemy. Satan is stronger than we are, but Christ has triumphed over Satan (Matt. 12:29), and Christians will triumph over him too if they resist him with the resources that Christ supplies (Eph. 6:10–13; James 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:9–10). “The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

Acknowledging Satan’s reality, taking his opposition seriously, noting his strategy (anything, provided it be not biblical Christianity), and reckoning on always being at war with him—this is not a lapse into a dualistic concept of two gods, one good, one evil, fighting it out. Satan is a creature, superhuman but not divine; he has much knowledge and power, but he is neither omniscient nor omnipotent; he can move around in ways that humans cannot, but he is not omnipresent; and he is an already defeated rebel, having no more power than God allows him and being destined for the lake of fire (Rev. 20:10). ~Packer, J. I. (1993). Concise theology: a guide to historic Christian beliefs (pp. 69–70). Tyndale House.

--David

Thank you for the articles; but just because someone "wrote it" does not mean that any truly understand it. Every person standing on this earth is actually an Angel who did Fall from Grace; although not all did follow "Satan". I have another post here in the "unorthodox thread" about the "origin of mankind"; how we all came to be standing on this earth, living in this manner.

A lot of "Christians" will reject the truth; so many have been led by these "Churches" to believe that "all Sin is simply forgiven" and they are guaranteed an "eternity in Heaven" for 10% of their income.

You might say "we are running out of time"

The earth's core is overheating; and men (with these silly scientist) cannot stop that. No matter what men do; a bit of "Divine intervention" is here. Just so you know, the Angel's who will wake for this mess; will not stand until things become critical.

Every person standing on this earth is actually an Angel who did Fall from Grace; although not all did follow "Satan".
Hello Enlightenedtruth, every human being is actually a fallen angel? Why do you believe that/what is the basis for your belief? Thanks :)

I have another post here in the "unorthodox thread" about the "origin of mankind"; how we all came to be standing on this earth, living in this manner.
Can you link me to it?

Also, the Bible has pretty much to say about origins, including how we all came to be standing on this earth and living in the manner that we do. Is the Bible wrong about our origins?

A lot of "Christians" will reject the truth; so many have been led by these "Churches" to believe that "all Sin is simply forgiven" and they are guaranteed an "eternity in Heaven" for 10% of their income.
There may be "churches" out there that teach such things, but I don't know of any true Christian churches that do (those that fall within even the farthest reaches of the pale of Christian orthodoxy that is, be they Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and/or Protestant).

You might say "we are running out of time"
It's true. There will be an end to this present age, and according to the Bible, we are, in fact, living in the end times right now.

The earth's core is overheating; and men (with these silly scientist) cannot stop that. No matter what men do; a bit of "Divine intervention" is here. Just so you know, the Angel's who will wake for this mess; will not stand until things become critical.
I've read a number of articles talking about the Earth's AMAZING core, why it is so hot, how it has stayed so hot for so long, etc., but I've never seen/read an article about the core "overheating". So again, how do you know that this is true?

Thanks again!

--David

There is no such thing as "demons" or "devils"; such things came from the "pagan beliefs" that did exist before the coming of Christ.
The Bible has a LOT to say about demons and their leader, especially in the NT. Also, the Lord Jesus Himself talks both about them (the demons and Satan) and to them, and they address Him by Name and Title, and they often talk back to Him, as well. Also, on a number of different occasions in the Bible, the Lord Jesus confronts them and commands them to leave the people who they are possessing, and they obey His command to do so (and the people they were possessing become immediately and clearly different/better/normal after the demons leave them).

Is the Bible simply wrong about all of this? Is the Lord Jesus wrong too, or perhaps crazy? If not, how can the many things that the Bible has to say about demons and Satan be explained if, as you just said above, they don't exist?

People do evil, because "they" make the choice to do so; of their own free will. To blame an "other-worldly force" is just nonsense.
It's true that we will be held accountable for the choices that we make. Nevertheless, the Bible tells us that we struggle against unseen forces and beings in heavenly places who seek to do us harm (by encouraging us to sin, just like Satan did to our progenitors in the Garden of Eden).

Ephesians 6
10 Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.​

--David

Mark 5
1 They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gerasenes.
2 When He got out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him,
3 and he had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a chain;
4 because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him and the shackles broken in pieces, and no one was strong enough to subdue him.
5 Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the mountains, and gashing himself with stones.
6 Seeing Jesus from a distance, he ran up and bowed down before Him;
7 and shouting with a loud voice, he said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!
8 For He had been saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!
9 And He was asking him, “What is your name?” And he said to Him, “My name is Legion; for we are many.
10 And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country.
11 Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain.
12 The demons implored Him, saying, “Send us into the swine so that we may enter them.”
13 Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.
14 Their herdsmen ran away and reported it in the city and in the country. And the people came to see what it was that had happened.
15 They came to Jesus and observed the man who had been demon-possessed sitting down, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the “legion”; and they became frightened.
16 Those who had seen it described to them how it had happened to the demon-possessed man, and all about the swine.
17 And they began to implore Him to leave their region.
18 As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was imploring Him that he might accompany Him.
19 And He did not let him, but He said to him, “Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.”
20 And he went away and began to proclaim in Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed.

Last edited:
Why do you believe that/what is the basis for your belief?
The basis of my belief is simply what I remember; my sour note did sound to wake me for this mess.

Can you link me to it?

Two of my post you might find interesting. The "birth of man" as it is given in the Bible is somewhat true; but not the entire truth. The Bible has a lot of truth in it; but the Roman empire did not want anyone to ever know the whole truth; only any "truth" the Roman church might provide. You will ask, why did God allow men to tamper with His Word; the Story of Man is about each individual taking responsibility for oneself. Allowing any other to confuse or mislead you is one of the major reasons we are all here; as Satan did in the original uprising.

I've read a number of articles talking about the Earth's AMAZING core, why it is so hot, how it has stayed so hot for so long, etc., but I've never seen/read an article about the core "overheating". So again, how do you know that this is true?
When I first awoke to my "true heart" in March 2021 I could "feel" the excessive heat. The earth is in distress; and is having problems maintaining itself. When God does create, and then gives that creation purpose; that creation then becomes a "living" entity. Every star, planet, moon and even asteroid is a "living thing". Most have nothing we would consider as "intelligence"; only the "purpose" that God did give. But the earth is different, because it supports "common life" (animals, plants etc); and of course it supports us (the Children of God), it has what I might describe as a "mild intelligence" of its own; to guide the winds, rain and all that is "natural" upon this earth. The earth (I will give it the pronoun, her) cries out in distress; for those who are able to listen.
Also, I do remember what was foreseen. All the trash that has been left floating up in space, as well as the active satellites; are what is behind the earths core overheating. Men have done this, and the greed of men has been making it worse over the past few years.

Nevertheless, the Bible tells us that we struggle against unseen forces and beings in heavenly places who seek to do us harm
Sorry I did not answer everything in my first response. The Angel (soul, spirit) cannot take direct control of the physical body here on this earth; but the soul can and does influence through emotion. Those who are "prone" to do evil are generally driven by "emotional responses" to the evil acts they do; I'd say that would count as "unseen forces". As for "beings in Heavenly places"; our "true form's" (bodies) do stand within Creation.

Is the Lord Jesus wrong too, or perhaps crazy?
Christ, and his Disciples did speak directly to the "subconscious mind" (the mind of the Angel); and Christ had the authority to "command" every Angel (the soul). The Disciples never had any issue with different languages in different lands because the "subconscious mind" can translate all languages.

Sorry I did not answer everything in my first response. The Angel (soul, spirit) cannot take direct control of the physical body here on this earth; but the soul can and does influence through emotion. Those who are "prone" to do evil are generally driven by "emotional responses" to the evil acts they do; I'd say that would count as "unseen forces". As for "beings in Heavenly places"; our "true form's" (bodies) do stand within Creation.

Christ, and his Disciples did speak directly to the "subconscious mind" (the mind of the Angel); and Christ had the authority to "command" every Angel (the soul). The Disciples never had any issue with different languages in different lands because the "subconscious mind" can translate all languages.
Angels are not human souls.
Angels are wholly different beings.

They never were human. There were angels before God made man on Day 6.
That I do have to agree with; the Angel's have been around a long time. But I cannot recall any Scripture in the Bible where the "human soul" is something "different"? And that leads to another thought; if God has His "perfect Angel's" who are "different", why in the world would He need "mere human beings" born of Sin?

I actually have read the Bible; but it's the things I remember that do guide me. As for people seeing things, and experiencing; there is something more to that than most realize.
How many books did Satan take part in, to mis lead the Angels from returning to Christ, would you think.

Back