Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Angels Do Not Have Sex

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It says it is angel's food which could mean perfect food.It does not say that the angels ate the food.

Oh come on sister, lol. That's a huge implication that Angels eat. Plus, the bible talks about the feast and so forth, and other scriptures say that Angels ate with men and stuff, so it seems clear that food is a staple in heaven. I know, it doesn't come right out and say it, but do we really need it to?

25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full
No it is not.It does not say "Man did eat that food the angels ate".It says "Man did eat Angels' food.

25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full
No it is not.It does not say "Man did eat that food the angels ate".It says "Man did eat Angels' food.

I didn't say that. I said the implication is that Angels do eat. I'm pretty sure also that in other passages it says that Angels ate with men while they were here.

it's just an implication. Angels food...could be construed to mean food that Angels eat. I know it doesn't come right out and say it like that, but they probably do eat.

I'm sorry sister, I hope I haven't frustrated you. i did find another scripture where Angels ate a meal with Abraham when they had come to tell him that Sarah would have a child. It's in Genesis 18

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.

7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat./

Reading the entire chapter will identify them as Angels. Maybe in spiritual bodies there is no "need" to eat, but they can if they want to? Or if they are in a human form at least. Or maybe they can eat if they want to just because it's good, lol. :)

I'm sorry sister, I hope I haven't frustrated you. i did find another scripture where Angels ate a meal with Abraham when they had come to tell him that Sarah would have a child. It's in Genesis 18

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.

7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat./

Reading the entire chapter will identify them as Angels. Maybe in spiritual bodies there is no "need" to eat, but they can if they want to? Or if they are in a human form at least. Or maybe they can eat if they want to just because it's good, lol. :)
Edward you did not frustrate me :hug Life is full of choices.Is that not true?

Oh ok, good. :) Very true very true.

I look forward to the feast! mmm. it will be the best meal we have ever had. :)

How do you know that angels eat?Show me scripture that angels eat.
Genesis 18
8And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Ok....if you say that you think the angels eat I will leave that claim with you.

The 3 angels ate before Abraham. Genesis 18:8 I'm not aware of any scripture that says Angels must eat. Perhaps they ate with Abraham just to show their respect? Angels in the bible often tell people to "not be afraid" whenever they reveal themselves to someone. It would be less tense if an Angel was partaking in food and drink before you.

Jesus and the samaritan woman at the well comes to mind also. John 4:14 Jesus says if you drink from the water he offers you, you will never be thirsty again.

Last edited:
The 3 angels ate before Abraham. Genesis 18:8 I'm not aware of any scripture that says Angels must eat. Perhaps they ate with Abraham just to show their respect? Angels in the bible often tell people to "not be afraid" whenever they reveal themselves to someone. It would be less tense if an Angel was partaking in food and drink before you.

Jesus and the samaritan woman at the well comes to mind also. John 4:14 Jesus says if you drink from the water he offers you, you will never be thirsty again.

Yeah, right brother. The offering of food is essential in being a good host and showing respect for others and so forth. I was taught that when someone offers you food or drink, to not turn them down because it would be disrespectful to do so. My wife was very big on being a good host to people who came over to the house. Offering up drinks and putting food in front of them. I *think* it is scriptural to be a good host and to offer drinks and food to those who come under your roof. It helps people feel more comfortable, less tense like you say.

I get offered beers pretty regularly on the job. I hardly ever drink, but always take them with the comment, well I can't drink it now because I'll be driving, but I can drink it after I get home, thank you...and then I save it to offer to people who come over to visit, lol.

The story is here Luk 24:25 ... the way it reads to me they were stopped at the " Dairy Queen" while traveling :)

The story is here Luk 24:25 ... the way it reads to me they were stopped at the " Dairy Queen" while traveling :)

Hmmm. Maybe. I thought they went in to one their homes they way it reads. It isn't totally specific so you could be right.

he made as though he would have gone further. constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight./

I thought since they said abide with us...and he went in...that they were at home. Eh, a minor thing. I doubt they were at a tavern though, lol.

Edward, you sparked my curiosity to reread again.... tell me if you agree or not i think you are correct... the guys were walking along Jesus starts walking with em'' After a bit He lets them know it is Him they keep walking to town found a Denny's and ate... :)

Edward, you sparked my curiosity to reread again.... tell me if you agree or not i think you are correct... the guys were walking along Jesus starts walking with em'' After a bit He lets them know it is Him they keep walking to town found a Denny's and ate... :)

Here is what makes me think it was at one of the disciples homes;

Luke 24:28-31
28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29 But they constrained Him, saying, abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And He went in to tarry with them.
30 And it came to pass, as He sat at meat with them, He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight./

Not a word about a DQ (LOL), but to abide with them (implys someones house), and he went in to tarry with them. It does sound like they were at someones house. (I also think that they recognized him because as he had his hands up on the table to brake the bread, that they (could have) seen his hands and the nail prints at that time? inconsequential to our discussion though)

Back