Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Angels Do Not Have Sex

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah, right brother. The offering of food is essential in being a good host and showing respect for others and so forth. I was taught that when someone offers you food or drink, to not turn them down because it would be disrespectful to do so. My wife was very big on being a good host to people who came over to the house. Offering up drinks and putting food in front of them. I *think* it is scriptural to be a good host and to offer drinks and food to those who come under your roof. It helps people feel more comfortable, less tense like you say.

I get offered beers pretty regularly on the job. I hardly ever drink, but always take them with the comment, well I can't drink it now because I'll be driving, but I can drink it after I get home, thank you...and then I save it to offer to people who come over to visit, lol.

Exactly brother, I was taught the same thing. And since you put it like that, reminds me of this verse. Hebrews 13:2 "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

This is one of those fainting time Edward :)

:lol It happens, lol. :thud

I probably only caught that because I went through that passage pretty good before in the realization that Jesus joked around with them at one point and showed his sense of humor.

I've been thinking... :dunce

Bear with me for a moment 'cause I think that they went over to Andrew's house. And don't tell nobody but I heard that his mother makes a heavenly angel-food cake. Yep! :biggrin

~Sparrow

Back