Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Annihilationism, do the Wicked Perish?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

Well lets take a look at what the Bible says will happen to the Wicked...

Job 21:30 King James Version (KJV)
"30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath."

Psalm 37:10 King James Version (KJV)
"10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be."

Psalm 37:20 King James Version (KJV)
"20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away."

Psalm 37:28 King James Version (KJV)
"28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off."

Psalm 37:38 King James Version (KJV)
"38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off."

Psalm 73:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
"17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction."

Psalm 92:7 King James Version (KJV)
"7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:"

Psalm 104:35 King James Version (KJV)
"35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord."

Psalm 145:20 King James Version (KJV)
"20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy."

Proverbs 2:22 King James Version (KJV)
"22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it."

Nahum 1:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
"9 What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.10 For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry."

Malachi 4:1King James Version (KJV)
"4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch."

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
"8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"

2 Peter 2:6 King James Version (KJV)
"6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;"

2 Peter 2:9-12 King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

2 Peter 3:7 King James Version (KJV)
"7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

2 Peter 3:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
"9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. "

Revelation 20:9 King James Version (KJV)
"9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Revelation 21:8 King James Version (KJV)
"8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Now we have some who say 'I' am 'immortal' and go to heaven when I die, so nothing can wipe out 'my' existence, but they leave out what scripture says.

1 Timothy 6:15-16
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Only God has immortality right now, as these scripture makes that abundantly clear. The question is can humans achieve it, and if so, how?
Mark 10:17 - And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Luke 10:25 - And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luke 18:18 - And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Notice, the questions in the verses above talk about inheriting eternal life and that is a future tense event not a current one. They were asking what they had to do to inherit eternal life; which also says they didn't already have it. So, what did they, and we, have to do to inherit eternal life?

John 3:15 - That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
John 17:2 - As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
1 Timothy 6:19 - Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Again we find that eternal life is a future event but its conditional; you must believe in Him.

Titus 3:7 - That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Heirs receive an inheritance.
Hebrews 9:15 - And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
1 John 5:11 - And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

These verses clearly show that eternal life is not an automatic thing and we now the soul is not immortal and dies.
Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

So when it comes to the end, the wicked including those who claim they follow Christ but only say with the lips but their hearts are far from Him. He knows and judges who are the sheep(saints) and goats(wicked) and confronts those who are not true.
Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 23:28
Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Matthew 25:33
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

And we see what happens to them...

Matthew 13:40-42
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ

Now many may question why dont the wicked perish when Christ appears at the Second Coming, why doesnt He have the Lake of Fire at this point and destroy sinners with fire and brimstone. Well, the Bible explains what happens during this 1000 year period and what the saints are doing, we see it in several text:
Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Daniel 7:22
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

The saints taken up to heaven at the Second Coming from all the nations of the earth, will participate in the judgment during the 1,000 years in heaven. The cases of all who are lost, including the devil and his angels, will be reviewed. This judgment will make clear of Gods justice to the universe and to the saints that God is just, and also settle any questions the saved might have about those who were lost. The New Jerusalem after the 1000 years will now come down out of heaven with all the saints and their Saviour and settle where the mount of Olives now stands. The mountain will be flattened to make a great plain, upon which the city will come to rest.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Well lets take a look at what the Bible says will happen to the Wicked...
You forgot the most important defining verse regarding the afterlife - Dan. 12:2. Annihilation is unbiblical, and SO are reincarnation and ghost.

... many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

You forgot the most important defining verse regarding the afterlife - Dan. 12:2. Annihilation is unbiblical, and SO are reincarnation and ghost.

... many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
No, this one is better..
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The questions is, what is the punishment, everlasting life?

No, this one is better..
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Eternal separation from God and eternal union with God. In the Lake of Fire, there's no more second chance to repent, it's over.

Last edited:
The news reports daily regarding those who are caught practicing the most of vile crimes, who then escape punishment on earth for their crimes by practicing self-Annihilation, more commonly known as suicide .
You are saying that God Himself even goes so far as to lend a helping hand to the vilest of people escape spiritual punishment after they have escaped physical punishment at their own hand .
How then is Annihilationism not a win , win for the those vile persons who have already made clear by their own suicide that their greatest desire is to be annihilated both physically & spiritually ?

Luk 17:2
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

No, this one is better..

Christ used a common Jewish parallelism in the verse, contrasting eternal life with eternal punishment, the eternality of the two things being in parallel. Punishment necessarily entails consciousness. As I've pointed out in other of your threads on the false doctrine of annihilation, one cannot punish a rock, or rubber ball, or wrench. No, consciousness is necessary to punishment. When consciousness ends, as annihilation requires, so does punishment. Therefore, eternal punishment cannot be annihilation. In fact, annihilation circumvents just punishment. Many are the unrepentant wicked who, after a life of evil rebellion toward God, hope for oblivion rather than divine justice. Annihilationists would give them what they want. But this is not what Christ said awaits the ungodly beyond the grave in Matthew 25:46.

Mar 14:21 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born."

If you can be born and sin all you want and then just cease to exist, why would it be better to never have been born?

Ecc_11:9 Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, And let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; Walk in the ways of your heart, And in the sight of your eyes; But know that for all these God will bring you into judgment.

The lake of fire may be a real place or a metaphor as scripture gives no literal location, but is very descriptive as a place of outer darkness and torment and being eternal as all those people including Satan, the beast and the false prophet that are cast into it will be remembered no more.

The duration of punishment for the one cast into the lake of fire is everlasting. Isaiah speaks of the everlasting burning of the fire that shall never be quenched and of the worm which shall never die (Isaiah 33:14; 66:24). David said that some would awake unto eternal life and others unto shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). John the Baptist and Jesus spoke of the unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12; Mark 9:43). Paul the Apostle speaks of how the lost will be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord (II Thessalonians 1:9).

The Apostle John says that the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they shall have no rest day and night; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 14:11; 19:3; 20:10). Jesus said that the lake of fire is a furnace of fire in Matthew 13:41, 42 and outer darkness in Matthew 22:13.

The fact that the lake of fire is eternal is plain from the following verses where it is described as:
1. Everlasting fire.......................Matthew 25:41
2. Everlasting punishment...........Matthew 25:46
3. Eternal damnation..................Mark 3:29
4. Everlasting destruction.......... II Thessalonians 1:9
5. Everlasting contempt..............Daniel 12:2
6. Torment forever and ever.......Revelation 14:9-11
7. Blackness of darkness forever.....Jude 1:13
8. Vengeance of eternal life............Jude 1:7
9. Lake of fire--forever and ever......Revelation 20:10
10. Second death--forever..............Revelation 20:14
11. Elements melt, earth and works are burned up.......2Peter Chapter 3

God gives us a description as in fire and brimstone which can be used literal as in Sodom and Gomorrah burned to ashes and as a metaphor for torment, suffering, punishment or as Matthew 8:12 describes it as outer darkness. The New Testament description is a bottomless pit (abyss) (Revelation 20:3), a lake (Revelation 20:14), darkness (Matthew 25:30), death (Revelation 2:11), destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9), everlasting torment (Revelation 20:10), a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30), and a place of gradated punishment (Matthew 11:20-24; Luke 12:47-48; Revelation 20:12-13), everlasting fire Matthew 25:41, everlasting punishment, Matthew 25:46, lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Jude 1:7 clearly states an example of eternal fire. This is the same Greek word that is used for everlasting fire and everlasting punishment as used in Matthew 18:8 and Matthew 25:41,46 (Notice: The place, as no real name is given, where the unsaved go is everlasting punishment, and not everlasting punishing. The punishment is eternal in its results, not in its duration. Unquenchable fire is a fire that cannot be quenched or put out until everything in its path is burned up.

Consciousness is necessary for punishing, not punishment. The punishment for sin is death. That is what we find in Scripture. They were cast into the Lake of Fire which is the Second Death.

When someone commits a crime they serve time in jail and are released. That was their punishment. It's not eternal, yet it is punishment. While they are serving their time they are being punished or someone is punishing them.

The other issue is a mistranslation of the Greek word "aion" which means an age, not eternal. The word is used repeatedly in Scripture for time periods that are not eternal. It should actually be translated age enduring punishment, not eternal punishment. Jesus speaks of this aion and the one to come. Is He saying this eternity and the one to come or this age and the one to come. Obviously it's this age and the one to come since there can't be an eternity after this one as that contradicts the very definition of eternity. If this eternity ends then it isn't eternity.

The problem with Eternal Conscious Torment is that it's based on a false premise, that being that man can live apart from the body. However, the Scriptures flatly refute this Greek Philosphical belief system

The lake of fire may be a real place or a metaphor as scripture gives no literal location, but is very descriptive as a place of outer darkness and torment and being eternal as all those people including Satan, the beast and the false prophet that are cast into it will be remembered no more.

The duration of punishment for the one cast into the lake of fire is everlasting. Isaiah speaks of the everlasting burning of the fire that shall never be quenched and of the worm which shall never die (Isaiah 33:14; 66:24). David said that some would awake unto eternal life and others unto shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2). John the Baptist and Jesus spoke of the unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12; Mark 9:43). Paul the Apostle speaks of how the lost will be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord (II Thessalonians 1:9).

The Apostle John says that the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they shall have no rest day and night; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 14:11; 19:3; 20:10). Jesus said that the lake of fire is a furnace of fire in Matthew 13:41, 42 and outer darkness in Matthew 22:13.

The fact that the lake of fire is eternal is plain from the following verses where it is described as:
1. Everlasting fire.......................Matthew 25:41
2. Everlasting punishment...........Matthew 25:46
3. Eternal damnation..................Mark 3:29
4. Everlasting destruction.......... II Thessalonians 1:9
5. Everlasting contempt..............Daniel 12:2
6. Torment forever and ever.......Revelation 14:9-11
7. Blackness of darkness forever.....Jude 1:13
8. Vengeance of eternal life............Jude 1:7
9. Lake of fire--forever and ever......Revelation 20:10
10. Second death--forever..............Revelation 20:14
11. Elements melt, earth and works are burned up.......2Peter Chapter 3

God gives us a description as in fire and brimstone which can be used literal as in Sodom and Gomorrah burned to ashes and as a metaphor for torment, suffering, punishment or as Matthew 8:12 describes it as outer darkness. The New Testament description is a bottomless pit (abyss) (Revelation 20:3), a lake (Revelation 20:14), darkness (Matthew 25:30), death (Revelation 2:11), destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9), everlasting torment (Revelation 20:10), a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30), and a place of gradated punishment (Matthew 11:20-24; Luke 12:47-48; Revelation 20:12-13), everlasting fire Matthew 25:41, everlasting punishment, Matthew 25:46, lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Jude 1:7 clearly states an example of eternal fire. This is the same Greek word that is used for everlasting fire and everlasting punishment as used in Matthew 18:8 and Matthew 25:41,46 (Notice: The place, as no real name is given, where the unsaved go is everlasting punishment, and not everlasting punishing. The punishment is eternal in its results, not in its duration. Unquenchable fire is a fire that cannot be quenched or put out until everything in its path is burned up.
Unquenchable fire simply means it can't be put out. It doesn't mean it won't ever go out. It simply means no one can extinguish it. The Lake of Fire is a description of Gehenna, Jesus quotes Isaiah 66 and the fire that shall not be quench and calls it Gehenna. That fire does go out because Jeremiah prophesied of a time when Gehenna would be restored and made holy again to the Lord.

Virtually all of the confusion on this topic stems from two errors. The first is the mistranslation of the Greek word aion. The other is the false premise that man can live apart from the body.

One thing it seems many are missing is the second resurrection. All of the wicked who cease to exist will be raised from the dead at the Great White Throne judgment and they will be punished. They don't escape punishment. The point is that the punishment is not eternal.

Unquenchable fire simply means it can't be put out. It doesn't mean it won't ever go out. It simply means no one can extinguish it. The Lake of Fire is a description of Gehenna, Jesus quotes Isaiah 66 and the fire that shall not be quench and calls it Gehenna. That fire does go out because Jeremiah prophesied of a time when Gehenna would be restored and made holy again to the Lord.

Virtually all of the confusion on this topic stems from two errors. The first is the mistranslation of the Greek word aion. The other is the false premise that man can live apart from the body.
Either you believe the scriptures I gave and study them, or you just give your own interpretation without giving your source.

BTW, Greek word aion has many definitions for that Greek word, but these are the definitions apart from Greek mythology as it also means everlasting, eternal, duration and life.

Here are more definitions:

Strong's Concordance
aión: a space of time, an age
Original Word: αἰών, ῶνος, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: aión
Phonetic Spelling: (ahee-ohn')
Definition: a space of time, an age
Usage: an age, a cycle (of time), especially of the present age as contrasted with the future age, and of one of a series of ages stretching to infinity.

What does αἰῶνι mean?
αἰών • (aiṓn) m (genitive αἰῶνος); third declension. lifetime. generation. a long period of time, eon, epoch, age.

What is the name of the god Aion?
CHRONOS AEON (Khronos Aion) - Greek Primordial God of Time
Khronos was depicted in Greco-Roman mosaic as Aion (Aeon), eternity personified. He holds a wheel inscribed with the signs of the zodiac and Gaia (Mother Earth) usually reclines at his feet. The poet Nonnus describes Aion as an old man with long, white hair and a beard but mosaic-art presents a youthful figure.

Is Aion and Chronos the same?
All Things in Time: Chronos, Kairos, Aion - Aion Enterprises ...
In another way, Chronos is a specific day, while Aion is the cycle of sunrise and sunset. Aion, encircled with a serpent and standing on the cosmic egg- remember this for later.

One thing it seems many are missing is the second resurrection. All of the wicked who cease to exist will be raised from the dead at the Great White Throne judgment and they will be punished. They don't escape punishment. The point is that the punishment is not eternal.

Matthew 25:31; John 5:28-29; 2Corinthians 5:10; 2Thessalonians 1:1-10; Rev 11:18; 20:4;20:11.

When I read all the above scriptures of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God and these scriptures that speak about the judgement of Christ, the Great White throne judgement where God is sitting on the throne and the books that are opened, Matthew 25:31-34; John 5:27-29; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Rev 11:18; Rev 20:4-6; Rev 20:11, 12, this makes me believe that at the Great White Throne judgement God will be sitting on His throne and Jesus is there seated at Gods right hand now on His throne of glory. All (saints and sinners) have been called from their graves (one resurrection) and the sheep are then separated from the goats as the sheep, being those of God and His Son will stand before the judgement seat of Christ as they have been given their new glorified bodies and their names found in the book of life. They will then be judged for their good works they did as being the continued works of the Lord being in Gods will and receive their crown rewards and their inheritance of the Kingdom of God. The goats being those who are not Gods will be judged out of the other books and their judgement is that of rejecting God and His Son and their punishment is being cast into the lake of fire.

Scripture never speaks of two resurrections, but only one resurrection, John 5:28, 29, and a second death being that of death and hell being cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:14, 15. There are two separate judgements, but only one resurrection as all will occur at the same time when Christ returns, John 5:28-29.

Mat 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting (G166 aiōnios) punishment, but the righteous into eternal (G166 aiōnios) life."

Rom 16:26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting (G166 aiōnios) God, for obedience to the faith

The length of the punishment for the wicked is the same length as the life of the righteous and as long lasting as God is.

Consciousness is necessary for punishing, not punishment.

This is silly semantics. A punishment entails punishing and punishing requires consciousness. There is, obviously, no such thing as punishing a rock, or a mop pail, or a sack of dirty socks. Only if the king's torturer is punishing a conscious being can he claim to be actually punishing something. He could whack a dusty rug with a nailed bat all day and never be able to claim he'd punished anything (except, maybe, himself). But if he took that same bat to a criminal the king deemed deserving of a beating, for five minutes beating him awfully, the torturer would be quite correct to say that he'd punished the man. Mind you, the moment the fellow lapsed into unconsciousness, or died, the punishing work of the torturer would cease.

The punishment for sin is death. That is what we find in Scripture. They were cast into the Lake of Fire which is the Second Death.

The "second death" speaks, not of annihilation, but of separation from God and the resulting utter loss of all well-being.

When someone commits a crime they serve time in jail and are released. That was their punishment. It's not eternal, yet it is punishment. While they are serving their time they are being punished or someone is punishing them.

You appear to be undoing here the distinction between punishment and being punished that you tried to make...

The other issue is a mistranslation of the Greek word "aion" which means an age, not eternal.

In Scripture, "aion" or "aionios" is used in reference to things that are clearly eternal, including God Himself, God's power, and His glory.

Romans 16:26
26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

1 Timothy 6:16
16 Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Peter 5:10
10 But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

It should actually be translated age enduring punishment, not eternal punishment

Not so.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

This parallelism parallels the everlasting life of the righteous with the everlasting punishment of the wicked. Christ says here that both punishment and life are eternal, without end. If you try to make finite either one of these two things, you destroy the obvious parallel between them and deny the plain declaration of Christ himself. And so, if the life of the righteous is eternal, so is the punishment of the wicked.

The problem with Eternal Conscious Torment is that it's based on a false premise, that being that man can live apart from the body. However, the Scriptures flatly refute this Greek Philosphical belief system

Nope. Scripture is crystal clear that the eternal punishment of the wicked is eternal, conscious torment in hell.

This is silly semantics. A punishment entails punishing and punishing requires consciousness. There is, obviously, no such thing as punishing a rock, or a mop pail, or a sack of dirty socks. Only if the king's torturer is punishing a conscious being can he claim to be actually punishing something. He could whack a dusty rug with a nailed bat all day and never be able to claim he'd punished anything (except, maybe, himself). But if he took that same bat to a criminal the king deemed deserving of a beating, for five minutes beating him awfully, the torturer would be quite correct to say that he'd punished the man. Mind you, the moment the fellow lapsed into unconsciousness, or died, the punishing work of the torturer would cease.
It's not semantics. I gave you an example that we see all the time. When a criminal receives a punishment of 5 years, his punishment ends. It's still a punishment. The idea that punishment is eternal is based on a false premise from Greek Philosophy. That being that man can live on after the body dies.
The "second death" speaks, not of annihilation, but of separation from God and the resulting utter loss of all well-being.
You can claim that. You can't prove it from Scripture. It's just a statement to try to force the idea of an immortal soul into the Scriptures that don't support it. For something to be the second, it has to be like the first. A second day, is just like the first, a say. Thus, the second death must be just like the first, a physical death. Simply redefining the words to force them to suit ones doctrine is not exegesis, it's eisegesis.
You appear to be undoing here the distinction between punishment and being punished that you tried to make...
Not at all. You may consider rereading it.
In Scripture, "aion" or "aionios" is used in reference to things that are clearly eternal, including God Himself, God's power, and His glory.

Romans 16:26
26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

1 Timothy 6:16
16 Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Peter 5:10
10 But the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.
They are used of God. However, that doesn't necessitate that they mean eternal.
Not so.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

This parallelism parallels the everlasting life of the righteous with the everlasting punishment of the wicked. Christ says here that both punishment and life are eternal, without end. If you try to make finite either one of these two things, you destroy the obvious parallel between them and deny the plain declaration of Christ himself. And so, if the life of the righteous is eternal, so is the punishment of the wicked.
Not at all. Both are age enduring. however, your issue, is again with the punishment. It is death. The death is age enduring. Per the apostle Paul, "the wages of sin is death." Per God through the prophet Ezekiel, 'the soul that sins shall die.'
Nope. Scripture is crystal clear that the eternal punishment of the wicked is eternal, conscious torment in hell.
So crystal clear that you can't post a single passage that says the wicked would suffer for eternity.

Mat 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting (G166 aiōnios) punishment, but the righteous into eternal (G166 aiōnios) life."

Rom 16:26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting (G166 aiōnios) God, for obedience to the faith

The length of the punishment for the wicked is the same length as the life of the righteous and as long lasting as God is.
As I've pointed out, aion is mistranslated.

What kind of punishment are you referring to ?

Back