Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are they out there?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesusfreak97,

You should just hook up with Pard !

... or Nick .... but he's in Australia. ;)

:yes :clap :biggrin

Glad you added that clause with Nick...;) BTW, hook up might be a bad choice of words for this generation and this discussion. :lol Let's start by having them exchange cell-phone numbers for texting. :)

So I have said again and again that I MUST MUST MUST date a guy who is Christian and loves God with all hos heart, soul, and mind. However I always get one of two responses back 1) ha! Good luck with that! 2) you should keep an open mind. Well if that's the way it is then I don't want a bf! I don't plan on dating until college because when I have dated it all went bad and my options are limited. But what I'm asking is are there good Christian guys out there who love God? Cuz everyone is saying I'm not gonna find it. So are they out there and do I HAVE to keep an "open mind"?

I don't know if I'm posting correctly because I'm new at this, but it looks like this is the way to do this. I'm trying to respond to JesusFreak97 Are they out there?
Yes, they are still out there! The reason why I say this is because God tells us not to be unequally yoked. So, you will NEVER be happy with an unbeliever. We do NOT have liberty in this area, trust God and pray His Word back to Him and He will bless you in His time. I will pray for you. I understand that it's not easy because I'm waiting too...

I don't know if I'm posting correctly because I'm new at this, but it looks like this is the way to do this. I'm trying to respond to JesusFreak97 Are they out there?
Yes, they are still out there! The reason why I say this is because God tells us not to be unequally yoked. So, you will NEVER be happy with an unbeliever. We do NOT have liberty in this area, trust God and pray His Word back to Him and He will bless you in His time. I will pray for you. I understand that it's not easy because I'm waiting too...

Thank you :tongue

Yes, we're out there :biggrin

If having an open mind means dating someone who is not a Christian, then keep a closed mind.

theres nothing wrong with dating or even marrying someone who isnt christian; if you happen to end up with a christian then so be it but there are alot of non-christians on the cusp of christianity that are good people that may just need direction and oddly alot of people find that type of direction from those they date

heh...actually scary thing is that means you're only 3 years older than me. Plus I turn 18 July 26th. Ugh! I'm old. XP I don't wanna be old!

lol if you think your old, gosh i must be ancient i turn 23 in november, and my husband to be will be 30 a few days after my bday

Oh, and there ARE good guys in the church. We are in EVERY church, usually sitting alone because (this is not the case all the time, I know) we are not interested in being the "bad boy" that most, even Christian, young women are looking for. (Or THINK they are looking for.)

Taking me back to about 1961..

I about fell off my chair. :toofunny.. I did not know you then? I was found out...:couch

Some things about us PKs never change. :help Your words were/are so very true... thanks for the laughs

made me remember kids i haven't thought of in years.....

Trust Christ! Marriage should be the goal because then you can fully enjoy the benefits of how the Lord intended a relationship between man and woman to be. Physical wise, abstain from all sexual immorality--there are times today, I wish I was a virgin and waited. Allow God to fully guide you and direct your path. If it is a man of God you seek, wait on the Lord. Too many times, I see women who grow impatient and jump on the first guy that shows any interest and the results sometimes are catastrophic. God knows what he is doing and he has your best interest at heart. Wait on him! Even in church, there are wolves in sheep's clothing. I know of men or women that only go to church to pick up people for whatever reason. You just have to stay in constant communication with God. He will see you through!

Cee

theres nothing wrong with dating or even marrying someone who isnt christian; if you happen to end up with a christian then so be it but there are alot of non-christians on the cusp of christianity that are good people that may just need direction and oddly alot of people find that type of direction from those they date
I respectfully disagree.

Paul said not to be unequally yoked. I do not think this means missionary dating is appropriate.

People on the cusp of Christianity do indeed need a little direction. This direciton should not be found in dating or courtship, and definately not marriage. Priorities are at odds, and God is not the centre of the relationship.

I'm not saying good relationships and marriages cannot happen between a believer and a non-believer, but it is certainly not the ideal and something that should be avoided.

:twocents

I respectfully disagree.

Paul said not to be unequally yoked. I do not think this means missionary dating is appropriate.

People on the cusp of Christianity do indeed need a little direction. This direciton should not be found in dating or courtship, and definately not marriage. Priorities are at odds, and God is not the centre of the relationship.

I'm not saying good relationships and marriages cannot happen between a believer and a non-believer, but it is certainly not the ideal and something that should be avoided.

:twocents

The same thing was said at Sunday school today Nick. You are right on here!

Jesusfreak, chill a little. I get the feeling god called you out of unbelief into a palce of closeness with him. God doesnt want that bond broken and if you ask him wil lead you to your soul mate or one of them.

Bear in mind even the right one for you when you meet them may be having doubts about God and Jesus teachings presently but may later be even stronger and more faithful than us all later.
Maybe if you concentrate on having fun and hanging out with people in time it will come.

The person you are looking for may be looking for you too.

Some of my friends got into relationships with a Spouse that has interests that differ from thier own too much. That just makes life harder if they are not complimentary differences.

One of my est mates waited years for his christian soul mate. Looking at them now it was a very good plan to wait.

Matthew 7

7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back