Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Being Perfect

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Every Christian has already repented. Even Christians who have repented of their ways and follow Jesus will have troubles. Let's be real, here.

I couldn’t disagree more. Christians are guilty of lots of sins, I believe.

If you're saying Christians still commit sins, I agree. But....our guilt has been covered by the blood of the Lamb. There is no condemnation for those in Christ. He paid the price for all our sins.

If you're saying Christians still commit sins, I agree. But....our guilt has been covered by the blood of the Lamb. There is no condemnation for those in Christ. He paid the price for all our sins.

We suffer when we sin.

We suffer when we sin.

It's never pleasant to get taken to the woodshed, but even that is for our good. We have a loving Father.
Hebrews 12:11 said:
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

What you believe is in question. Satan is the one who points the finger of guilt. It is Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, not guilt, and the Christian responds with repentance, and receives right standing from God, and His complete forgetfulness concerning any sin the Christian has ever committed.

Romans 8:1 NLT
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Ezekiel 18:21-22 NLT
But if wicked people turn away from all their sins and begin to obey my decrees and do what is just and right, they will surely live and not die. All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done.

What you believe is in question. Satan is the one who points the finger of guilt. It is Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, not guilt, and the Christian responds with repentance, and receives right standing from God, and His complete forgetfulness concerning any sin the Christian has ever committed.

Romans 8:1 NLT
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Ezekiel 18:21-22 NLT
But if wicked people turn away from all their sins and begin to obey my decrees and do what is just and right, they will surely live and not die. All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done.

When we sin, the Lord has to discipline us. The Lord wants us to stop sinning so he can stop disciplining us. We would be much happier that way.

When we sin, the Lord has to discipline us. The Lord wants us to stop sinning so he can stop disciplining us. We would be much happier that way.

When we come to Christ we are freed from the habit of sin. We have the power to choose not to sin, whereas before we knew Christ we didn't have the power to not sin.

We will always need His loving discipline, until we see Him face-to-face.

I am happy in Christ, in my imperfection. He is happy with me. That doesn't give me license to sin willy nilly. It frees me from the bondage of sin and the trap of legalism. Praise God!

When we stop sinning, I think the pain goes away.

That is wrong. We will never completely stop sinning this side of heaven, yet we can live in joy and peace in this life, and without experiencing any pain due to sin, because Christ forgives completely and restores. That is our promise from God. Jesus Christ mitigates our consequences!
Yay.gif

I certainly don't have to wait for heaven to lose my pain. Jesus Christ has given me His life, and His healing and His victory---now.

Legalists always will disagree. People who are legalists need the tempering of the Holy Spirit, which would reveal to the inner man that God already sees His children as perfect, and by His power working in and through us only can we be perfected, which is a process. We call it sanctification.
The Bible Doesn't say legalist will be turned away it says the sinful will.

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Praise the Lord there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus because all men sin and come short of the glory of God. Coming short is sin. Romans 14:23 tells us "whatever is not faith is sin", and that means anything...any act or attitude not coming from the Holy Spirit, no matter how moral it may appear to men is sin. Whatever one may do, if God didn't send you, it's sin. Everything we do is a candidate for sin if it isn't prompted by the Holy Spirit. Does the Holy Spirit prompt you to go to a ballgame? Does the Holy Spirit prompt you to eat that second helping of pie? Does the Holy Spirit prompt you to worry about how you'll pay the rent, or lose patience with your children? God sees the heart, and the heart is desperately wicked always waring against the Spirit. The Bible does not teach eradication of sin in this life. We are new creatures housed in unredeemed flesh...the outer man will be changed and perfected forever when our bodies have been redeemed.

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those are the hypocrites who relied on "self" to obtain perfection. Notice He says, "I never knew you."
Galatians 3:3 said:
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Those who are born of God will not be turned away.
Revelation 3:5 said:
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
1 John 5:4 said:
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Originally Posted by watchman F

Matthew 7
Those are the hypocrites who relied on "self" to obtain perfection. Notice He says, "I never knew you."
No, these reffer to those that continue in sin thinking God will not judge their action. The text clearly states you who work iniquity. It says nothing about self righteous people, but rather the unrighteous.

No, these reffer to those that continue in sin thinking God will not judge their action. The text clearly states you who work iniquity. It says nothing about self righteous people, but rather the unrighteous.

The unrighteous are not born of God. Believers have the righteousness of Christ imputed unto them.
The biggest clue is that Jesus says, "I never knew you." Would He lie?
Read the context. Jesus is speaking of those who claim to know Him.
Matthew said:
5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back