Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Being Perfect

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The unrighteous are not born of God. Believers have the righteousness of Christ imputed unto them.
The biggest clue is that Jesus says, "I never knew you." Would He lie?
Read the context. Jesus is speaking of those who claim to know Him.
The did not only claim to know God they truly believed they did. What separates them from true believers in that they are in sin. The whole idea they we can continue in sin because after all we are just human and God has forgiven us goes directly against scripture. What you and others like you are doing is making provision for your flesh, but the bible tells us.......

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The did not only claim to know God they truly believed they did. What separates them from true believers in that they are in sin. The whole idea they we can continue in sin because after all we are just human and God has forgiven us goes directly against scripture. What you and others like you are doing is making provision for your flesh, but the bible tells us.......

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The Scriptures tell us that the believer does not CONSISTENTLY PRACTICE sinning as before. If a professing believer consistently sins without 'godly sorrow' (remorse leading to repentance), then he is what we say either a false convert or a hypocrite.

1 John 3:7-10 NLT
7 Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. 8 But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. 9 Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. 10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.

"Others like you"....Are you actually accusing me of making provision for my flesh????????

There are many who believe they know God....which is what those who claimed to prophecy, etc. in the Lord's name thought, but, in fact, Jesus said, "I NEVER KNEW YOU." I ask you once again, is Jesus lying when He says He never knew them? You believe what man claims rather than what our Lord says? Really?

"Others like you"....Are you actually accusing me of making provision for my flesh????????
I absolutely am. You are the one that says we will not become sinless until we are put of this flesh, are you not?

In case you forgot.
The dearest, oldest, and most mature saints who walk upon this earth, in their humility, would never claim to have achieved what we can only achieve when we've been glorfied after we've left this mortal body behind.
This is nothing more than making provision for your flesh.

There are many who believe they know God....which is what those who claimed to prophecy, etc. in the Lord's name thought, but, in fact, Jesus said, "I NEVER KNEW YOU." I ask you once again, is Jesus lying when He says He never knew them? You believe what man claims rather than what our Lord says? Really?
I do not know why you think that I think Jesus lied. I dont believe anything anyone claims. 80% of America claims to be Christian. I doubt 8% truly are.

I absolutely am. You are the one that says we will not become sinless until we are put of this flesh, are you not?

In case you forgot.
This is nothing more than making provision for your flesh.

Ah, I see.
Romans 13:14 said:
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
You're accusing me of claiming we can't be sinless so that I can "fulfil the lusts" of my flesh. That's even worse than I thought. If you're sinless, you may continue to cast stones. If not, I suggest you rein your "self" in a bit. :)

Here, John is actually inoculating the believers against Gnostic heresy that taught we do not have indwelling sin in our nature (Rom. 7:17). If we have no sin in our nature, we would have NO SIN in our conduct, and we're deceiving ourselves if we believe that.
1 John 1:8 said:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Coming short of the glory of God is sin....I've yet to meet a person that comes close to the glory of God, or walks according to the Spirit in every thought, word, and deed.
Romans 3:23 said:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All have in deed sinned that is why we needed a Savior. However we do not have to continue to sin. After all we who are in Christ are a new creation, are flesh is crucified with Christ, and we have been empowered by the Holy Spirit to live sinlessly.

2nd Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 6
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Jude:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, John is actually inoculating the believers against Gnostic heresy that taught we do not have indwelling sin in our nature (Rom. 7:17). If we have no sin in our nature, we would have NO SIN in our conduct, and we're deceiving ourselves if we believe that.

Just a few comments here...

The Gnostics did not teach that "we do not have indwelling sin in our nature". They taught that the Son of God did not come in the flesh.

If part of the nature of man is "sin", and if the Son of God took on the nature of man, then He took on sin. Sin is not ontologically part of our nature. Sin "dwells" within me in that my inner self contemplates it. My heart follows it, especially before "being saved". We have a propensity to sin, we are prone to sin, we often sin out of control, but it doesn't follow that sin is part of the NATURE of man. Being fully man does not mean sin dwells must within me, since the nature of man (in your scheme) requires sin to remain. If so, than the Son of God did not become man. He became something else, saved something else and we remain in sin.

You say "if sin was not part of our nature, we wouldn't sin"... Not true. There are external elements at play here, as well. We are weak, it doesn't follow that sin is always generated from within.

Regards

Just a few comments here...

The Gnostics did not teach that "we do not have indwelling sin in our nature". They taught that the Son of God did not come in the flesh.

If part of the nature of man is "sin", and if the Son of God took on the nature of man, then He took on sin. Sin is not ontologically part of our nature. Sin "dwells" within me in that my inner self contemplates it. My heart follows it, especially before "being saved". We have a propensity to sin, we are prone to sin, we often sin out of control, but it doesn't follow that sin is part of the NATURE of man. Being fully man does not mean sin dwells must within me, since the nature of man (in your scheme) requires sin to remain. If so, than the Son of God did not become man. He became something else, saved something else and we remain in sin.

You say "if sin was not part of our nature, we wouldn't sin"... Not true. There are external elements at play here, as well. We are weak, it doesn't follow that sin is always generated from within.

Regards

:screwloose:screwloose:screwloose James 1:14-15

Re: Being Perfect

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674
:screwloose:screwloose:screwloose James 1:14-15

:tongue. That's it? Call me crazy?

You post:
I see your James 1:14-15 and raise you a Matt 4:1 and a Luke 4:2

Elijah here:
I have NO Problem with your posting except it is once again 2 Cor. 4:2 false personal trite! (jesuit stuff!) If not, post up where I attacked you as being CRAZY?

A 'spiritual screw' loose? :screwloose (is what that means!) 'i' personally believe that rome is on the bottom of the pile from [BEING PERFECT, the thread subject.] Rev. 17:5.

But even then, we see huge numbers leaving rome. Rev. 18:4

[SIZE=+1]Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, and perfect in his generations: Noah walked with God. ASV

Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. KJV

Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah, a righteous man, had been perfected among his family. Noah walked with God. LITV

Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. MKJV

Gen 6:9 These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God. NASB

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]It says that Noah was Righteous, and that he walked with God... and that he was.... ~Perfect~. Or... if you like the NASB, Noah was ~Blameless~. To be Blameless means to keep God's commandments. That means to[/SIZE] Not Sin. [SIZE=+1]The New Testament confirms this in as clear as day language as you can get... here;

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Such a passage hardly needs any comment. Christians are Righteous; They Keep God's Commandments and are therefore Blameless... which means they are Perfect.[/SIZE]

Jozinky

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back