Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Browns backers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can't believe that Vinnie handed that game over to the Steelers.

Maybe i'm going insane, but I think the Browns can give the Eagles a game, maybe even win. Some things would have to break our way though.

Yesterdays win by New England makes it the first win this year against an aponent that had a win at all this year against anyone. I think our schedule was much more difficult than theirs, so far. How do the superbowl champs get such an easy schedule?

I was bummed about the Cowboys blowing that game too. The Steelers are an improved team, I just can't stand the hype all of a sudden because they aren't THAT good. I'll forgive Vinny though since he's one of my favorite QB's from the U (Kosar, Vinny, Dorsey).

I was thinking we could be a possible upset for the Eagles (especially if we had lost yesterday) but since we won yesterday and we're so Jekyll and Hyde, I don't think we can put to back to back wins together. I'm not worried about T.O., but more about Westbrook and McNabb running around and Garcia getting blitzed alot. Not sure if we'll have Andre Davis either. The Eagle D is very similar to the Steelers but better.

I don't get the strength of schedule theory because it rotates by division every year. Also the difference between the good and the bad isn't really all that much (with exception of the Dolphins after losing Ricky Pothead). Some teams are just a 3 or 4 plays better than other teams each week.

The Eagles are great a disquising their blitzes, which should give the Browns players a lot of trouble in knowing who to block.

Our running game is going to have to kick into high gear for us to have a chance. We need to limit the Eagles to about 8 chances at the endzone.

Rolling out Garcia may be just what the doctor ordered to beat the Eagles blitz. So our strengths should help to nulify some of their strengths.

Third and longs are a no no in this game especially. We need to keep them guessing.

All four of Garcia's TD passes were thrown when he rolled out. Maybe he can't see over the linemen like people are saying.

Hey, did you see they just traded Q to Big D for Antonio Bryant!!? This is awesome!!! Bryant has a lot of potential and he'll be a good fit opposite of Davis. I'm going to harass my friend at work tomorrow, Q can drop balls in Dallas now.

I don't know too much about him, but I heard he can catch the ball, is agressive in going up for it, is fast, and runs good routes. Now if Q could learn those things, he could be one of the best wide outs in the league. If Parcels can't do it, nobody can.

Sounds like a good trade.

My heart says Browns 23, Eagles 17.

My mind say's Eagles 34 Browns 17.

This will be a good test of where we are at. I think we can beat the Eagles, but we will need our "A" game to do it.

I noticed a lot of players from their defensive backfield listed as questionable for Sunday.

I'm expecting to be 3-4 after the game so I'm ready for a loss. I'd just love to see the secondary, especially Anthony Henry, shut down T.O.. I have T.O. in one of my fantasy leagues but it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if he didn't do a thing on Sunday. I've never really liked the Eagles much and I like them even less this year now that they have Owens.

We did pretty good this game. Considering the way the Eagles were moving the ball all game, I think we should have went for it on 4th and 1 in OT. We seemed to have lost our agressiveness when we took the lead 24-21, that's one thing I dislike about conservative coaches. Granted, they had to make some adjustements to the Eagles adjustments, but only running up the middle and not rolling out Garcia as much in the second half didn't help. A lot of mental breakdowns in the second half too. Gree not following his lead blocker. Warren not honoring his gap ( some things never change).

All in all, considering what we had to work with, we played tough. This leads me to believe that we have the talent right now to play against the big boys, we just have to put it together better.

I thought the first pick that Garcia threw was also the receivers fault for not going up after the ball and allowing the defender to make a diving catch. That was set up nicely to be a pass interferance if he had come back for the ball.

I see that Q Morgan had two catches for about 60 yards.

If we cut or trade Warren and Brown next year, we could have some free agent money. I think our line plays better without Warren and Brown anyways. They would both have to resign for much less, and I think that Brown would, but Warren wouldn't. Both bust's for top picks.

One other thing, if Luke is our future, and he's a mobile QB also, he needs to be upgraded to second string. If Garcia gets hurt, then our season is done anyways, so why not let the kid get some experience. I'd like to see what he can do in the regular season.

This false idea that QB's need five years to adjust to a system and the NFL is a Couch myth. Ben is doing fine as are many other QB's in the league who start early. Give Luke the number two and Kelly number three.

I was proud of the way they played against the Eagles. Being that I didn't expect them to win the game in the first place then I wasn't really hard to take the loss.

My disappointment came with the 2 fumbles on special teams and the 3rd down play leading up to that 4th down in OT. I wanted them to go for it only because its hard to hold down the Eagle offense for very long. I don't really blame Butch for not going for it but why do they always call plays short of the first down marker anyway. Thats just asking for that to happen anyway. The 2 fumbles (JJ and Frisman) were unacceptable. Dee Brown did the same thing earlier this year. Holding onto the ball is a requirement for skill positions... so a RB and a WR have no excuse for doing it on a kickoff.

I think not having Corey Dillion really hurt the Patriots yesterday. They were relying on him a lot the last few weeks and its evident he was missed leaving Faulk with a total of 4 yards rushing.

Yeah, Ben is starting to make me nervous. Hopefully he hits a cold streak soon.

Did you see we benched Earl Little and Chris Crocker is getting the start at safety now. Little has been missing a lot of tackles lately. Hopefully it will help our secondary, especially against the big plays.

I'm not sure why Butch picked now to make the change, but why not. Personally, atb least for now, I would have rather seen Crocker replace Griffen if possible instead of Little.

You're right about Dillon.

The Steelers are solid across the board with no glaring weaknesses. Attacking weaknesses is New Englands bread and butter. I was hoping that Belicheck would show the league how to beat the Steelers, but he fell short. I noticed that they were sucessful at keeping Ben in the pocket. I'd be willing to bet the way you beat the Steelers is to be effective in blitzing Ben. They have had things fall their way so far. We'll see if that momentum and luck carries over into the playoffs.

It amazes me how effective their draft picks can be for them, yet ours make little if any difference. :-?

The ravens may get their revenge this time around. By now they have most likely figured out a way around the 4-4-3 defense.

For a team that is trying to find some chemistry, a week off will work against them and I see us regressing back to a sloppy, penalty riddled team again. I hope I'm wrong.

Raven 31, Browns 20 :o

I think you're right. The offense takes long enough to get going from week to week anyway, the bye week will just make it worse.

They keep playing prevent offense. It's the worst football to watch because it always ends in disaster. It's painful to watch a team with so much talent being used this way.

I heard that about Warren and thought 'oh no', but maybe it's good that we test Ben and see if we can shake him. Hopefully that statement Warren made will remind the young guys on our team that this game is huge.

I think the Steelers are over rated. They beet Philly, and Philly is a good team, but not as good as people think, heck, we almost beat them. The Browns showed everyone that Philly is weak against the run, and that is the Steelers strength. The Steelers should have lost to Dallas too.

In our division, if you are better than average that translates into six wins a year, or at the least five. If you play five hundred with the rest of the games that becomes eleven or twelve wins in the regular season. I'm not convinced that the Steelers are as great as people are saying, they're solid, but I cannot call them great, not yet anyways.

I remember in the last game we had against the Steelers we couldn't stop their run for the first three quarters, then when Cower started milking the clock in the fourth quarter and we knew they were going to run almost every play, we stopped them cold. Hopefully Butch "always run on second and five or less" Davis will figure it out. On second and five or less teams are stacking the box against us. We need to come out like gangbusters and take it too them.

I think we can win this game. We need to find a way to go deep more often. Maybe rolling Garcia out more often.

Just once I would like to see someone wipe that smile off of Hines Ward's face with a old fasioned Cleveland Browns shilacking from one of our young linebackers. :-D

I hate to say I told you so, but I did. The Steelers are the real deal. They are definitely the best team in the NFL now. You can rationalize all you want, but they soundly beat two undefeated teams in consecutive weeks, and then did the same to the Browns this week. None of the 3 games were close. The Steelers take the lead in the first quarter, and never let go. With two star running backs, one of the best defenses in the league, and the one of most amazing rookie quarterbacks ever, the Steelers have everything going for them. I predict one more loss and a visit to the Superbowl.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back