Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Caffiene Is Evil

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Calling caffiene evil is somewhat silly and foolish.

I drink coffee, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I prefer tea. I drink both for the taste and a pick me up to help me wake up in the morning. (I get up at 4:50) I don't go through withdrawls if I stop drinking it. (I tried that for a couple weeks but found I was just too tired in the morning to function well enough)

I love my caffeine. ;) I am not addicted to it though and have no negative affects. I have been off caffeine for many weeks at a time several times in the past year and notice no difference when I do have caffeine. Sometimes I even have frappuccinos with 4 shots of espresso and still no negative effects! I have not had caffeine in about 3 weeks now but I do have some fresh coffee I am looking forward to making tomorrow!

My wife is the coffee drinker in our household, not me. (With me, it kind of works against my medication.)

Blessings.

You have any idea how many substance abusers come into my office and say the same thing about cocaine, meth, marijuana, alcohol? :hysterical

Sorry. Should have treated your comment with the "sobriety" it demanded. :toofunny

PS: The answer to my question to you is "All of 'em."

Come, now. I can see alcohol. But I've never heard anyone anywhere say they smoke pot or do cocaine for the taste of it. This is one of the reasons I support those two staying illegal. No one does them for any other reason than to get high, even if it's just a little high in order to calm down.

Back to coffee, I stopped drinking it for over 5 years, and the only reason was because I spent a lot of time on the road for my job. I was tired of having to find bathrooms all the time. I had absolutely no problem at all quitting. Me likes coffee. Me likes Diet Coke.

Come, now. I can see alcohol. But I've never heard anyone anywhere say they smoke pot or do cocaine for the taste of it.
Perhpas not taste, but the excuses they give or similar: "I like how it makes me feel." "I just like doing it." Denial, both of addiction, and of personal issues due to mental health and personality problems.

calm_down.jpg

Uh ... not, of course, that you or anyone on here has those problems.

This is one of the reasons I support those two staying illegal. No one does them for any other reason than to get high, even if it's just a little high in order to calm down.
Absolutely correct.

Back to coffee, I stopped drinking it for over 5 years, and the only reason was because I spent a lot of time on the road for my job. I was tired of having to find bathrooms all the time. I had absolutely no problem at all quitting. Me likes coffee. Me likes Diet Coke.
OK. Fair enough. See how much you like high blood pressure, sleepless nights and mid-afternoon energy shortages. :biggrin

Perhpas not taste, but the excuses they give or similar: "I like how it makes me feel." "I just like doing it." Denial, both of addiction, and of personal issues due to mental health and personality problems.

calm_down.jpg

Uh ... not, of course, that you or anyone on here has those problems.

Absolutely correct.

OK. Fair enough. See how much you like high blood pressure, sleepless nights and mid-afternoon energy shortages. :biggrin

Yes, you guys want to watch out for high blood pressure; once you get onto blood pressure meds, you might not ever come off them again.

Blessings.

PS:

In relation to caffeine and nicotine, I think some of the younger folk here have probably never smoked, and so wouldn't be able to comment on some of the specifics that have been discussed here.

No need to start smoking, either!

I know there is a widespread belief that caffeine is more benign that nicotine, anyway.

(Further two cents'.)

I have a friend who is hyper and drinks coffee with 3 to 5 spoons of sugar. I've watched him do this for years and though it may sound strange, I see him calm down after a couple cups of coffee this way. I can't explain it but it's true.

If any of you are thinking of quitting sugar but have trouble doing it, look for a book at the Library called "Sugar Blues). It is very interesting and eye opening. Did you know that sugar used to be illegal? The Coca-Cola company lobbied to have it legalized.

Most people tend to think of sugar as sort of benign, but think about it for a moment. They take a plant, process it down into a white powdery substance, and sell it. Sound familiar? It's more addictive than cocaine or heroin. But it's legal, cheap, and most of America (world?) is strung out on it. We're so used to it that it doesn't give us the rush as it once did. Ever see how little kids zoom around on it? But you wouldn't dream of giving them cocaine now would you? Of course not that's an illegal drug. LOL.
I have some neurological issues due to my chronic Lyme and I have found that when I am jittery and on edge if I drink a cup of coffee it does help, so I know what you mean about your friend.

I don't think sugar is bad, but I do think the amount Americans eat is bad. All in moderation. I have not been having it in moderation due to holidays but I am starting to get back to healthy food tomorrow. This reminds me of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, if you have not seen it you may want to find it online or somewhere else to watch it.

I have some neurological issues due to my chronic Lyme and I have found that when I am jittery and on edge if I drink a cup of coffee it does help, so I know what you mean about your friend.

I don't think sugar is bad, but I do think the amount Americans eat is bad. All in moderation. I have not been having it in moderation due to holidays but I am starting to get back to healthy food tomorrow. This reminds me of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, if you have not seen it you may want to find it online or somewhere else to watch it.

Rachel:

This is also why a lot of people smoke, you know, of course. Not that I remotely advocate it.

There are some general comparisons, however, between caffeine and nicotine, though experimenting between the two is probably not a good idea.

Blessings.

each sickly dependence is disadvantageous, and instead of yoga the regulation can be made with more physical activity/exercises and with more balanced nutrition

Blessings

Back