Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Can a Christian believe Darwin's biological evolutionism?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah, some errors could be considered violations. From your user name, it would seem as though you have a few yourself. :yes

If anyone is interested in my user name....

Here's my story. I used to be a Christian, albeit a weak one. I tried to keep faith, but, I just kept having lots of questions. So, one day, I bought Lee Strobel's _The Case for Faith_. Sure, I'd read a fair amount of apologetics before, but, this one came with such glowing reviews, I wondered, I hoped, maybe, it could answer some of my questions.

In short, I found it so abysmal that instead of shoring up my faith, it convinced me once and for all that Christianity is implausible.

Hence, my handle, is a play on Strobel's book. And the name of my own website.

So, I use this handle on a number of forum.

If anyone is interested in my user name....

Here's my story. I used to be a Christian, albeit a weak one. I tried to keep faith, but, I just kept having lots of questions. So, one day, I bought Lee Strobel's _The Case for Faith_. Sure, I'd read a fair amount of apologetics before, but, this one came with such glowing reviews, I wondered, I hoped, maybe, it could answer some of my questions.

In short, I found it so abysmal that instead of shoring up my faith, it convinced me once and for all that Christianity is implausible.

Hence, my handle, is a play on Strobel's book. And the name of my own website.

So, I use this handle on a number of forum.

I see. I was once christian myself. I even dropped a university level class because it talked about a time line older than my [then] young earth belief. . . and the professor said that "anyone who believed a young earth should come up after class so he could explain how that was wrong". I dropped that class because I didn't want to hear what he had to say.

Now I'm a newbie on this forum, and I've been lurking long enough, have read enough to see Scott's fascination with bait threads:)

Although Texalberta didn't bring any good arguments to the thread, he was right about one thing. Seems Scott hasn't been around since post #3, and he was the one who started this thread.

A couple of our professors asked about sprituality in our class. I should point out for point of reference I study biological sciences and understanding evolution is a fundimental part of the course
He asked non-specifically "how many of you belive in god."

About 80% of the class raised there hand. It was suprising to me too.
a different teacher asked generically "how many of us were christians" About 30%
I should point out that as I goto a UK university we have alot of overseas students and it is a very diverse group in regards to major religions.

This young earth creationist stuff is a cultural phenomoinon endemic ONLY and exclusively to specific regions of the USA. It's also not somthing I've seen expressed by ANY studying scientist here even when we were instructed to hold presenations about creationism and we could choose our side 0 picked creationism in reality there is no "debate" on that issue. evolution is the only reason any knowledge from the field of biology works.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back