Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CAN A REFORMED BELIEVER FALL AWAY FROM FAITH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You cannot turn away from God and go into the world rejecting Him, and still be saved.
Agreed, that proves they the person who does this was never really saved.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they were of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be manifested that they all are not of us.

I uses commentaries because they describe what I believe better then what I can type out. I study the Bible first and use commentaries to clarify things for me. I like the hermeneutics they use.
Go to post #24 and hit the "reply" button , that is my problem when you quote commentary and it appears on screen in a quote box, I have nothing to reply to . Do you see what I mean?
I understand that you agree with the commentary but quoting it is a problem .

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they were of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be manifested that they all are not of us.
They were the apple of God's eye. They were truly loved by God, just like Adam and Eve were before they disobeyed the Lord, and then they were banished from His presence.

Go to post #24 and hit the "reply" button , that is my problem when you quote commentary and it appears on screen in a quote box, I have nothing to reply to . Do you see what I mean?
I understand that you agree with the commentary but quoting it is a problem .
I did not know that it does this. The only reason I quote the commentary is because it is not my own words. I see what you mean now when I tried to reply to that post.

Strange.

One last thing, because I am closing with this. The Hebrews quote speaks of repentance. If people think they were saved from the foundation of the earth, (we need to be accepted by God to be one of the elect) how on earth are you going to repent of your sins and come to God believing, before you were ever born?

Calvinism is so wrong.

I did not know that it does this. The only reason I quote the commentary is because it is not my own words. I see what you mean now when I tried to reply to that post.

Strange.
Yeah ! You now see what I mean ! You are welcome to paraphrase the commentary you post when you type it out at least that way I can reply to it . A lot to type, I know :) .

One last thing, because I am closing with this. The Hebrews quote speaks of repentance. If people think they were saved from the foundation of the earth, how on earth are you going to repent of your sins and come to God believing, before you were born. Calvinism is so wrong.
Thank you for your opinion.

One last thing, because I am closing with this. The Hebrews quote speaks of repentance. If people think they were saved from the foundation of the earth, (we need to be accepted by God to be one of the elect) how on earth are you going to repent of your sins and come to God believing, before you were ever born?

Calvinism is so wrong.
It is because they were chosen from the foundation of the world that they repent. However, repentance
is a gift given to them from/by God because they were so chosen. The repentance is to repent
from works for salvation to having trust in Christ (in all ways) for salvation as He alone is the Saviour.
That He is the Saviour (and no one else is), is the gospel.

It is because they were chosen from the foundation of the world that they repent. However, repentance
is a gift given to them from/by God because they were so chosen. The repentance is to repent
from works for salvation to having trust in Christ (in all ways) for salvation as He alone is the Saviour.
That He is the Saviour (and no one else is), is the gospel.
All they need do, and it is the same for all of us, is to follow Jesus every step of the way.

"They were not really of us." They were not saved, you say. Now ask yourself if Calvinists are one of us, meaning the majority of people on this forum who are born again Christians. If the answer is no, you are not one of us, then ask yourself what that means for your salvation, and should you come to God in repentance?

All they need do, and it is the same for all of us, is to follow Jesus every step of the way.
"all"? First, that's impossible for anyone to accomplish. Second, should anyone believe that salvation is by anything they
may or may not do, they've missed the gospel, the Saviour and His grace.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back