Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can anybody find me....somebody to ooh ....luuuuv...?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Freddie Mercury sings such a great song.
But it makes me think...
Do we need someone to love more than we need to feel loved by someone?
I think we need to feel loved. Above all else. If we truly feel loved every day, then we relax. And can face what life throws at us.

God is love.
not revenge.
God is give.
Not take.
God is right there beside us
Not sneaking out the back door.
God gave us Freddie Mercury
So he must love gays too.

It is so nice to feel loved and wanted. Worries go unnoticed, nothing matters, you will make it through anything because you have someone who loves you and thinks you’re amazing...and then the honeymoon phase is over, and the things that once made you appealing your significant other finds annoying. Then you wonder was it really love that you experienced to begin with? Is there really such a thing as love?

It is so nice to feel loved and wanted. Worries go unnoticed, nothing matters, you will make it through anything because you have someone who loves you and thinks you’re amazing...and then the honeymoon phase is over, and the things that once made you appealing your significant other finds annoying. Then you wonder was it really love that you experienced to begin with? Is there really such a thing as love?
If a marriage lasts, real love can grow. You both start to mature. You accept each others' imperfections.
I think my marriage is working well now.

But it makes me think...
I think we need to feel loved. Above all else. If we truly feel loved every day, then we relax. And can face what life throws at us.
Yes I believe human beings do need to feel loved. I have read that it is considered to be a fundamental basic need.
God is perfect pure love. We can't love like that but we are happier if we have human love too.
Love from God gives us a safe feeling. Love from a human being gives us happiness and self confidence.
Love from an animal is great too.

That is so true. If you are with someone who loves you hard times are much easier to get through.
It can be the opposite too, about those annoying things, they can turn out to be the things you miss when they are gone .

amazing...and then the honeymoon phase is over, and the things that once made you appealing your significant other finds annoying
It's a tough topic to admit and talk about. But I will try.
Sexual attraction is a big part of why you get married. But it's not the thing that keeps you together. For Christians, a sharing of Christian faith is more important.
But if you don't have that, you must have shared values. Your kids start to take centre stage. Helping them grow up should be s shared responsibility and joy. Kids become a huge part of your meaning of life. I've seen my brother's become close to their kids even more when becoming grandparents.
I've found the things that worried me in my 30s don't bother me now. I was always addicted to something to distract me from problems.
If you can possibly stay with the one partner, I think life is more stable and meaningful. But if you have to find another partner, it can't be helped. I just hope you don't have to do that.

But it makes me think...
I'm in a store and guess what song is playing.

I've thought about this....
I believe what causes loneliness is that we need to love someone....if we don't, we feel alone.

I also agree with the other posters, , it's good to be loved.

I divorced my first husband. Alcohol and other women ruined our marriage. I married again 13 years later. We had known each other, as friends only, for 10 years. This was a good marriage, but unfortunately he died 4 years later. So I have been a widow for 19 years.
But I have God's love, as we all do, and that is more than enough.
There are so many different kinds of love.
I love people, but hey I love my cats too.

I'm in a store and guess what song is playing.

I've thought about this....
I believe what causes loneliness is that we need to love someone....if we don't, we feel alone.

I also agree with the other posters, , it's good to be loved.
Agreed it is good to be loved.

I divorced my first husband. Alcohol and other women ruined our marriage. I married again 13 years later. We had known each other, as friends only, for 10 years. This was a good marriage, but unfortunately he died 4 years later. So I have been a widow for 19 years.
But I have God's love, as we all do, and that is more than enough.
There are so many different kinds of love.
I love people, but hey I love my cats too.
Kittens are the cutest baby animal on earth!!!

Human love should never be expected. Only treated as icing on the cake. If we get in the habit of expecting human love we will be disappointed.
Only depend on God's love. God's love is real so learn to truly believe that. God is the source of love. He is the giver. We are the receivers. It will sustain us. It can be our daily bread.

I think young people should be careful about making a new partner their sole focus as if they are the meaning of their life. Be careful of strong emotions. Be careful of strong sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is only very superficial love, if that. Some might say it's opposite of love, lust. But we need some lust if we are to procreate.

Agreed it is good to be loved.
Hi Tessa,
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you.
I believe that if we have persons that love us, in whatever way, it is a very good big fortune.
Some persons have no one to love them, in any way. This saddens me.
But, again, I want to repeat that we also need to love...it's the one ingredient God gave us to make life bearable.
There are many we could love....think of all the persons you (we) know.

Hi Tessa,
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you.
I believe that if we have persons that love us, in whatever way, it is a very good big fortune.
Some persons have no one to love them, in any way. This saddens me.
But, again, I want to repeat that we also need to love...it's the one ingredient God gave us to make life bearable.
There are many we could love....think of all the persons you (we) know.
Hi wondering
I completely agree. Im fact, although iit is wonderful to be loved, loving others gives you even more joy. I love that hymn 'Make me a channel of your Love.' Because that is where it comes from.
God Bless you my friend and sister.

Hi wondering
I completely agree. Im fact, although iit is wonderful to be loved, loving others gives you even more joy. I love that hymn 'Make me a channel of your Love.' Because that is where it comes from.
God Bless you my friend and sister.
I love that song too!
Sometimes when we discuss the work God has for us....I think that just showing persons some kindness is almost enough because it counts for so much. I TRY to make the day better for those I come into contact with...it just requires a few words.
I know it always works for me! When someone is nice to me it makes the whole day better.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back