Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can every day Christians be possessed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My belief it's more of a rule than an exception. Demonic influence, from a few whispers in the ear to full-on possession, is a constant environmental factor. As an example, watching a secular movie that normalizes evil behavior (pretty much all mainstream motion pictures these days) is an example of possession. A demon hides behind the drama and reminds you that drug use, extramartial sex, gross violence are perfectly normal. It's seldom full-on with the person spinning his head and spewing expletives in old Latin.

I had a bit of an oppressive experience tonight and I've not slept a wink. Not sure if its some demonic passerby or I should tell Pastor and see about an exorcism. Feels odd to say.

Was lying in bed trying to fall asleep and couldn't, no big deal, so I turn on an audio book of the Psalms for background noise to help me sleep. Around Psalm 13 I oddly enough became highly irritated at the Psalm and increasingly restless, it grew into anger, and although I feel like I'm within seconds of sleep I can never reach it. I turn off the audio and pray to God to help me because my mind is feeling burdened. A voice in my mind calling itself Baruch let's me know its bothering me and he's no fan of the Psalms. Has a sense of humor apparently, Baruch meaning "blessed" in Hebrew come to find out.

But I'm still not 100% on this event. I was super (am super) tired and irritability happens in that state. This whole thing has me feeling whacked.

No flickering lights or poltergeist activity, just an odd aversion to the Psalms, a name, anger that felt like my own but seems like it shouldn't be.

No flickering lights or poltergeist activity, just an odd aversion to the Psalms, a name, anger that felt like my own but seems like it shouldn't be.

You can take authority over any ungodly spirit and command it to leave in Jesus name!

Check and see if you have any ungodly things or images or "items" in your home or room that would give this spirit the right to be in your home.

Ask the Lord to give you wisdom and show you of any such items or books of this nature.

13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding; 14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who retain her. 19 The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens; 20 By His knowledge the depths were broken up, And clouds drop down the dew. 21 My son, let them not depart from your eyes-- Keep sound wisdom and discretion; 22 So they will be life to your soul And grace to your neck. 23 Then you will walk safely in your way, And your foot will not stumble. 24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:13-24

Be Blessed.

JLB

Wasn't Baruch one of the Apocrypha writers? Maybe indisposed to the "accepted" Scripture like Psalms. Not really a demon, but still shouldn't be reading over your shoulder. Time to "Christen" him.

What do you think?
Ask the question if a evil spirit and the holy spirit can live in the same body. I would say no for logical reasons, but I could say yes for spiritual reasons.

Ask the question if a evil spirit and the holy spirit can live in the same body. I would say no for logical reasons, but I could say yes for spiritual reasons.
Note: I completely disagree with my above statement, it is circular in reasoning. I'll post again if I think of anything better to say.

That's what I'm gonna do. No use in giving it more credit than is due. I'm just not a fan of oppressions... and I'm very sleepy lol.

I just don't like feeling like my emotions are being hijacked. I love the Psalms. I love the written word. Its weird.

That's what I'm gonna do. No use in giving it more credit than is due. I'm just not a fan of oppressions... and I'm very sleepy lol.

I just don't like feeling like my emotions are being hijacked. I love the Psalms. I love the written word. Its weird.
We are ALL tempted and "influenced". It's part of life. Even Jesus experienced it.

Use your God given authority to walk in your God given purpose.

CHRIST is in you.

The works that He did, you also can do.

...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons... Mark 16:17

JLB

What do you think?
Is there a way to determine an absolute answer, without some form of methodological testing involved.That's the problem with spiritual concepts, you cant test them methodically, there not self correcting by nature and they can't be tested under any particular conditions. You can't even make a comparative base line for your concept. So all your left to do is to agree or disagree based solely on how you individually interpret each spiritual concept.

Is there a way to determine an absolute answer, without some form of methodological testing involved.That's the problem with spiritual concepts, you cant test them methodically, there not self correcting by nature and they can't be tested under any particular conditions. You can't even make a comparative base line for your concept. So all your left to do is to agree or disagree based solely on how you individually interpret each spiritual concept.
Gosh, you mean, it just might take "faith?"

Willie is correct if! The answer to your question depends on how you define and use the word Christian. Christian is a much slandered word in the World today. The Church across the world is filled with unbelievers claiming the name of the Christ for their own because the Churches are filled with ear ticklers. Ear tickling preachers are not the men of God but are the men of god, the god of the air, stone, wood, trees and so on. They preach a soft gospel that is not founded on the whole Bible but on parts of the New Testament.

The best and most common example of this twisting parts of scripture "Judge not lest you be judged." This, single, verse is not the key verse of that chapter and sadly, it is not the key verse of the first five verses, the opening paragraph. The key verse of this selection of scripture is the last verse, verse five. In the last verse of the paragraph is the instruction for how to understand and how to apply these verse to your life.

So, what truth is the old man from down south talking about that these ear Ticklers do not teach? There is enough to explain in that question that it could fill the Bible from the first passage, all the way through the very last Amen of The Revelation of Jesus, the Christ... Oh WAIT... it did! So t is a real Christian? There is much discussion on this matter and if I were God they would be defined my way... alas, I'm not and the definition lies in d's Word, the Bible. There, certainly, is no cookie cutter for Christians meaning we come in all shades of color, styles of life, and driving everything from our best bicycyle to a Rolls to go to Church and we worship in every style of Worship from the excited, jumping up and down style of some African Bush Tribes to bored, Baptized in Pickle Juice, full immersion, Baptist and their stern faced, unmoving praise to God.

There is one thing we, every one of the Saved, have in common, we have given out souls over to Jesus, God in the flesh of a man and when we do that He is faithful to His Word and sends the Holy Ghost, Holy spirit or what ever name of reverence we prefer to call Him by. The key here is found in the New testament, two spirits, one evil and one Holy, cannot reside in the same place or, in this case, the same body.

Getting rid of an evil spirit does not require a Pastor, it can be done right here in front of your computer screen. If, and please remember I said if, you are indwelt with any demon or demons, the Holy Spirit is not be influenched by you, he is not in you. If you, truly, fall on your face and surrender to the indwelling control of God, the Holy Spirit will do what you and what no Pastor or Priest can do without His help... he will move in, Indwell, and kick the minion or minions of Satan into Hell where they belong.

Praying for you and may God draw you to be a member the Bride of the Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back