Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can every day Christians be possessed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Willie is correct if! The answer to your question depends on how you define and use the word Christian. Christian is a much slandered word in the World today. The Church across the world is filled with unbelievers claiming the name of the Christ for their own because the Churches are filled with ear ticklers. Ear tickling preachers are not the men of God but are the men of god, the god of the air, stone, wood, trees and so on. They preach a soft gospel that is not founded on the whole Bible but on parts of the New Testament.

The best and most common example of this twisting parts of scripture "Judge not lest you be judged." This, single, verse is not the key verse of that chapter and sadly, it is not the key verse of the first five verses, the opening paragraph. The key verse of this selection of scripture is the last verse, verse five. In the last verse of the paragraph is the instruction for how to understand and how to apply these verse to your life.

So, what truth is the old man from down south talking about that these ear Ticklers do not teach? There is enough to explain in that question that it could fill the Bible from the first passage, all the way through the very last Amen of The Revelation of Jesus, the Christ... Oh WAIT... it did! So t is a real Christian? There is much discussion on this matter and if I were God they would be defined my way... alas, I'm not and the definition lies in d's Word, the Bible. There, certainly, is no cookie cutter for Christians meaning we come in all shades of color, styles of life, and driving everything from our best bicycyle to a Rolls to go to Church and we worship in every style of Worship from the excited, jumping up and down style of some African Bush Tribes to bored, Baptized in Pickle Juice, full immersion, Baptist and their stern faced, unmoving praise to God.

There is one thing we, every one of the Saved, have in common, we have given out souls over to Jesus, God in the flesh of a man and when we do that He is faithful to His Word and sends the Holy Ghost, Holy spirit or what ever name of reverence we prefer to call Him by. The key here is found in the New testament, two spirits, one evil and one Holy, cannot reside in the same place or, in this case, the same body.

Getting rid of an evil spirit does not require a Pastor, it can be done right here in front of your computer screen. If, and please remember I said if, you are indwelt with any demon or demons, the Holy Spirit is not be influenched by you, he is not in you. If you, truly, fall on your face and surrender to the indwelling control of God, the Holy Spirit will do what you and what no Pastor or Priest can do without His help... he will move in, Indwell, and kick the minion or minions of Satan into Hell where they belong.

Praying for you and may God draw you to be a member the Bride of the Christ.
One of the best posts I've read in a long while. Especially the last full paragraph about not getting the idea you have to run to a man wearing church clothes to reach God. He's there to help, just as all of us are, but we just talk, God does the working.

It's very sad to see people claim objective "truth" can only be understood by a non objective method such as "faith"

Thanks for talking to me, but I'm derailing this thread, ill let you all get back to it.

John 3:16 1/2........ For God so loved the world......... that all who possessed the wisdom, knowledge, and intellect to "understand" all about Jesus, could merit being saved.

Pity all of us people who are not that smart.

I know that I am of the fold. I am born of the Spirit. Some demon calling himself Baruch playing head games can't change that nor cause me to believe otherwise.

I know that I am of the fold. I am born of the Spirit. Some demon calling himself Baruch playing head games can't change that nor cause me to believe otherwise.
Fascinating and very poetic, you have such a open heart.

Good, then you know that Christians can be influenced by Demons but never indwelt. Evil and holiness cannot indwell the same human. And that being the case, all you need to do is to rebuke the evil in the name of Jesus and it will leave because of you doing that one thing.

Good, then you know that Christians can be influenced by Demons but never indwelt. Evil and holiness cannot indwell the same human. And that being the case, all you need to do is to rebuke the evil in the name of Jesus and it will leave because of you doing that one thing.
I like how you work!

It's very sad to see people claim objective "truth" can only be understood by a non objective method such as "faith"
I do not know your spiritual age because I have not paid that much attention to you yet but your statement here demonstrates a need for growth in the Spirit and that will grow a greater faith. For a thing to be objective, it can be touched, heard, seen or scientifically proven. God has demanded Blind Faith that He is before He will prove Himself and then He works only for that person or those people that have believed.

I cannot see the Spirit of God and until I, earnestly, called out to Him, in blind faith, He did not exist in my life. Because of a Barna Group Survey, taken in the mid-eighties, I feel reasonably safe in proclaiming that better than 98% of the membership of the Church Universal, across these United States, are not saved because the survey was taken in a Double Blind fashion to obtain as true as possible answers and it demonstrated the truth of my conclusion.

And, so it is not unusual to find your opinion as being common in the Church but commonly hidden. But... God has called for us to approach Him because we have faith and without it our works are useless and self serving.

Praying.

I do not know your spiritual age because I have not paid that much attention to you yet but your statement here demonstrates a need for growth in the Spirit and that will grow a greater faith. For a thing to be objective, it can be touched, heard, seen or scientifically proven. God has demanded Blind Faith that He is before He will prove Himself and then He works only for that person or those people that have believed.

I cannot see the Spirit of God and until I, earnestly, called out to Him, in blind faith, He did not exist in my life. Because of a Barna Group Survey, taken in the mid-eighties, I feel reasonably safe in proclaiming that better than 98% of the membership of the Church Universal, across these United States, are not saved because the survey was taken in a Double Blind fashion to obtain as true as possible answers and it demonstrated the truth of my conclusion.

And, so it is not unusual to find your opinion as being common in the Church but commonly hidden. But... God has called for us to approach Him because we have faith and without it our works are useless and self serving.

Praying.
I'm taking a backseat to this thread, because I was derailing it.

I think satan gave the ability of telepathy to his followers so they can encourage us to sin with telepathic abuse that can drive us to violence, lust etc.contributing to his ultimate goal of full chaos throughout the world....but im mentally ill and irrationality is the basis of my illness....I really believe it though because im a member of a mental illness site also and I noticed a alarming increase of people that have showed up saying that they are hearing voices that through the invasion one of the most private parts of a person makes them feel as of they are being raped for lack of a better word that would appreciate the gravity of the feeling that a invasion like this feels like. One of the main consequences of this repeated invasion of privacy is rage which leads to violence contributing to satans goal.Because im naturally predisposed I feel that rage daily and my faith keeps me from acting on it but excersise helps to alleviate it as it helps dispel the adrenaline that the rage creates.God Bless

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back