Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] car wreck

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jasonc

today I hit a Honda crv. no one was injured but my truck and the other vehicle was damaged severely. pray for the finances of us both. im not a fault.

wife is more upset then I am. the truck is drivable but it may be totaled. she thinks the frame is warped. I don't as that would cause dog tracking and I drove it and no problems corrected for a pull to the left or right.

Still, if you have to file on uninsured motorist claim, your insurance premium will increase. Prayers include that she have good auto insurance.

so is my wife and monica and hers. I was just thinking about the stories of the dead drivers on that very intersection and few minutes later I hit someone. ironically. its near the very place where I bought my first car and I was told by god to to rogers radiatior to get a car. that car was wrecked a few weeks later (not there), and neither that my fault. weird aint it.

Sorry to hear. Good that knowone was hurt. As it goes, it not just the finance that sucks, it also effects everything else temporary, like alternative transport in the mean time, trying to sort everything out and all that type of stuff all time consuming. I hope it all goes smooth for you.

As you say the car is drivable but may be warped. I recommend you dont drive it anywhere in the meantime. Not safe, you dont want another crash.
its driveable and has no pull. just not safe because it has no right front turn signal and and headlight. hood is a bit off and the passenger side front fender is pushed back and the bumper is toast.

Its what you cant see. How do you know something in the wheel has not cracked from the impact, and you turn a corner and the whole wheel snaps off. Things like that. You said the bumper is toast, you dont want it to fall off when driving down the road. It seems like another possible accident waiting to happen and not only putting your safety at risk. I hope your not going to drive it until its fixed. :)
Im a former mechanic. I drove it 14 miles to home. the bumper with them ford rangers is part plastic and aluminum. once dented and bent like that they just throw them out. studs fail rather fast. I have not tightened a tire before and move that truck five feet and had to replace studs on both front tires. I have seen a garbage truck drive 50 miles and loose lug nuts and the front tire nearly come off. I torqued the tires on those at 450 ft lbs. the tires weren't hit, the frame isn't squashed as I did inspect the radiator and looked for the crushing effect. I will drive it to the shop to be inspected.

The very first car i bought years ago i got ripped off. It was from a mechanic and i guess he put a safety sticker on just to sell the car. I only had it a few weeks and i was driving down the highway and the whole wheel snapped off. After closer inspection from a proper mechanic after that, who looked it over, it had a page full of problems, even to the point the whole chassis was bent and should have never been on the road.

Some people will do anything for a buck and dont care about other peoples safety. That guy was lucky nothing happened as his safety cert was fresh. Otherwise he may have been locked up for a very long time. Even still, he lucky i did not sue him just for what happened.
that had to have a severe pull to be that bad. they use a machine to tell them how off it is. the alignment machine will say how bad the alignment angle is and specs are given for thrust angles and if out , it is suspect for a bent chassis, or frame(unibody don't have a frame

Real cars have pistons :tongue
a hybrid does have a gas engine. its just there for when the battery runs low. I have heard stories where a man was changing his oil and had the key in the on position and the battery got low and the car fired up the engine with no oil. he was under that car and it had the filter of as well. Imagine if he had his hand near a belt. the higher voltage is what bothers me and the new electronic brakes with the idea of no brake fluid that uses viscuous fluid with iron it in the calipers. just got to learn on how they work that would be it.

When one likes the sound of the mopars of the late 60s these new things are just plain ol sissy
lol. you derailed my thread.

yes but well gas mileage is something I want. if I want power. that would be for the race track.

Back