Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] car wreck

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Glad you're OK Jason. I'm praying for a solution for you.

Nowadays with all the inspections this wouldn't happen but my friend in high school got in a wreck with his 12+ year old ford fairlane. Nobody got hurt but his car was in bad shape, literally. He got hit from the side, the impact was just in front of the drivers tire. If you stood by the right rear bumper looking forward, from about the right side mirror to the bumper the whole front end was warped out at least a foot. He still drove it for a few weeks until the engine blew up but watching him coming or going down the street was one of the funniest sights. Having a car, any car was a good thing for us teenagers.

Glad you're OK Jason. I'm praying for a solution for you.

Nowadays with all the inspections this wouldn't happen but my friend in high school got in a wreck with his 12+ year old ford fairlane. Nobody got hurt but his car was in bad shape, literally. He got hit from the side, the impact was just in front of the drivers tire. If you stood by the right rear bumper looking forward, from about the right side mirror to the bumper the whole front end was warped out at least a foot. He still drove it for a few weeks until the engine blew up but watching him coming or going down the street was one of the funniest sights. Having a car, any car was a good thing for us teenagers.
florida doesn't have those inspections. I have mixed feelings about that as well, monica because she wasn't able to fix her car would bribe the mechanic to pass her car and then she would fix what she could. im for safety but sometimes its as you said a car that runs is all that we can afford.

Sorry to learn the Ranger is dead.

Have fun shopping about for the replacement. (That's not something I particularly find as 'fun')

Sorry to learn the Ranger is dead.

Have fun shopping about for the replacement. (That's not something I particularly find as 'fun')
yeah I know, its not like it used to be years ago when you could find something decent. its almost not worth the bother. when they get too old, you might spend enough money to keep them running but borrow to do that. at that point its almost worth it to buy a new one.

A neighbor of mine had to go car shopping... finally decided to look online after not finding what he wanted. He did find exactly what he wanted, drove the 3-1/2 hours to check it out .... paid $15,000 for a 2-yr old car with 10,000 miles. (Car originally sold new for $40K) ... it pays to shop around.

I only have 4900 dollars from the truck. its not. 100k miles is the lowest I could find. I would prefer foreign if im going to buy cars with mileage and I can find cheaper cars but they are manual tranny. my wife cant drive those.

When you receive the pay-out, why not take a road trip (for a week) and car shop in other areas or even neighboring states? It might be a nice change of pace for you & your wife to be off on an adventure like that :wave2

When you receive the pay-out, why not take a road trip (for a week) and car shop in other areas or even neighboring states? It might be a nice change of pace for you & your wife to be off on an adventure like that :wave2
at that price range im fearful of the car being able to make it home. that and also florida now has that fee that rapes out state car purchase. monica paid 500 dollars just to register her car. I remember when I got my first tag, 150 bucks.

we kinda did some of that. went to lake o yesterday and reconned car lots on the way back. I found some rr tracks I need to look more at. I noticed them from my foraging of google earth. I told her where that track went and knew the area as I looked at that area a few days before. I was looking for some old things I remember that are gone in that part of st.lucie.

You're a hoot, jasonc .... 'reconned car lots' ... yep, you're living the military life indeed!

I've a book that explores the various locations in Southern Illinois where towns once existed. Fascinating to explore such areas.

Perhaps a library in the area would have old newspapers on file or film that would identify what Naco was about. Intriguing.

I was a weird building. it fascinated me as a boy.

ah the st lucie county property appraiser would have something on that.

That would be yet another adventure you could take in learning what Naco made/distributed.
found it. I believe. the land is owned by this company.

http://www.grace.com/About/Locations.aspx

still owns it. it was a chemical plant. it was shut down in the 70's and reopened in the late 80's if I recall.

there something coming back about this. it was a fertilizer plant. it predated the town of ft.pierce and vero. I did a history essay on these counties back in 2003. that building was mentioned and it was there before the town of ft pierce officially. it was so old that it used horses to deliver the stuff to the farmers and rail loaded to others. the county said it was bought in 1900.

Last edited:
Back