Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Casual Conversation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mine used to be Obadiah but now is the Revelation. Obadiah because I can see the USA fulfilling, for the third instance, the prophesies in a third instance and the Revelation of the Christ because it is today that the last is being fulfilled.

I'd say mine would have to be Proverbs. Reason being it helps us understand how to follow the Word of God and live right. A lot of good passages. :)

It's a toss up which book is my fav. Gotta be between John (entirely) or 1 Corinthians (I think chapter 15 may be the single most important chapter of the bible?)

It's a toss up which book is my fav. Gotta be between John (entirely) or 1 Corinthians (I think chapter 15 may be the single most important chapter of the bible?)

Wow Edward, I read the whole chapter 15 and it is very powerful. I would have to agree it's very very important. To think that when we die our physical bodies die and we are to be made immortal so we can live in eternal peace and happiness. It's a wonderful feeling! :)

Wow Edward, I read the whole chapter 15 and it is very powerful. I would have to agree it's very very important. To think that when we die our physical bodies die and we are to be made immortal so we can live in eternal peace and happiness. It's a wonderful feeling! :)

It sure is sister. :)

And even though John 3 is important and is prolly the most quoted chapter in the bible...chapters 13-14-15 are extremely powerful also. :study

I've always referred to it as the Bible! I love all parts! Nothing should be excluded from studying or preaching!

What's everyone's favorite book in the bible and why? :)

My favorite Book is Romans. It's the most theologically complete of Paul's writings..

My second favorite is Romans!! :)
I don't know that I have a favorite. I can say that Hebrews used to drive me crazy until I studied more of the OT in depth. Then Hebrews became a window into a more complete understanding of God's work from the beginning. How the before the cross and the after the cross are one story. His story.

I used to have a friend that went to a church where everyone dressed up! Women and girls were not allowed to wear pants, all of bible study and preaching were of the Old Testament! I asked if I would be able to attend because o don't own a dress or skirt and I was told that I would not be welcome! I was shocked!

I later then asked why it was like this, my old friend told me that it's because I'm the bible it says that women cannot wear the same clothing that men do!

I was just curious as to what you all thought about that?

I wonder if you would have been welcome wearing sandals. I'm pretty sure someone named Jesus wore sandals.

Women and girls were not allowed to wear pants,
Were the men required to wear suits with jackets that covered their physique? In churches that have dress code doctrines it is often only the women who are given dress codes.
However, in the Southern Baptist church, that I attended, the men were discouraged from wearing their hair longer than a regular short cut and from wearing facial hair, no mustaches or beards. If they did they were considered to be immature in the Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back