Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian & Heavy Metal Drummer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nick_29 said:
Nice set John!
:)

If you're willing to invest about 6 grand more, get some DW's1 :biggrin

Thanks!

DW's are great however i am a brand whore. I'd rather have a starclassic maple :biggrin

John said:
seekandlisten said:
Nice set John. Looks similar to my buddies set except he's a Zildjian guy. He's invested about 5 grand into his set so far, crazy. What's goin' on with the dust? :)

There is about 4 grand sitting there. Yeah i really need to break out the duster and polish them pies up eh :lol

You do much playing, as in a band, or just regular jamming? What type of music are you into that you like playing? Joey Jordison, Dave Grohl, Raymond Herrera, Simon McKay, and Chris Adler are a few of my favorite drummers.

I am diggin the Tama's and i love that big China but those hats look kind of uncomfortable to play. :)

You do much playing, as in a band, or just regular jamming? What type of music are you into that you like playing? Joey Jordison, Dave Grohl, Raymond Herrera, Simon McKay, and Chris Adler are a few of my favorite drummers.

I never had the opportunity to join a band, So i just jam regularly. I play a lot of Nu metal music such as Slipknot, system of a down, disturbed A7X etc.

John said:
I am diggin the Tama's and i love that big China but those hats look kind of uncomfortable to play. :)
Not at all, I play with them even lower now, because I play open handed meaning I lead with my left a lot that is why I keep a ride on both sides, but I switch back and forth from right to left handed lead, but when I go right hand lead, I use the trad grip, and we who play like that, like to keep the hi hats low, so that we can go back and forth to the snare to the hi hat with ease.

John said:
I am just starting to play open hand i actually like it alot!
It opens up a whole new world, there is not that many of us, but Billy Cobham of Mahavishnu and Lenny White of Return To Forever, are innovators.

I started after watching this guy. Gotta love the sound of that snare eh. Him and I have the same one :biggrin

[youtube:2owte0tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2VKvWTuYc[/youtube:2owte0tg]

sweet stuff there man.

If we do post a video of us playing should it all be to the same song or different or not song at all or just whatever you want?

What ever you want to do, I am still a metal head, and always will be, so we can do a lot, I might do some Smashing Pumpkins, Creed, or Pillar or something.

Cool!

I am going to try to record tomorrow although my camera is rather lousy :biggrin

Hmm i think I'll do some System :thumb

John said:
Cool!

I am going to try to record tomorrow although my camera is rather lousy :biggrin

Hmm i think I'll do some System :thumb

That would be sweet. System is one of my all-time favorite bands, second only to Nirvana. The best live band I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to seeing what you got.

John said:
Nick_29 said:
Nice set John!
:)

If you're willing to invest about 6 grand more, get some DW's1 :biggrin

Thanks!

DW's are great however i am a brand whore. I'd rather have a starclassic maple :biggrin
Ahhh....well that's where we differ. I'm not that loyal! I couldn't resist a DW kit if it walked by. :biggrin.

Are you getting paid for this? :biggrin :biglol :hysterical

---

It's interesting...I'm left handed but I play drums right handed. Same with my left handed uncle. I guess we're taught that way straight off the bat and don't know any different. I don't use traditional grip much, although I've self-taught it for some styles of jazz and marching stuff, but I prefer not to use it too often. I've occasinally tried open-handed, and (especially if you had two hats and two snare drums) would open up a whole new world, but I've gotta get my normal playing better first ;).

John said:
We each need to upload a video of us playing,lol That would be sweet! :biggrin

That would be awesome, but I tried that a few years ago on my 6mp digital camera and the sound was pretty bad, and that didn't include a track. I don't have the technical skills to do the track overlay either. I've got the software, but not the skills. I look forward to seeing others' though. I'll upload some pics of my kit though.

Back