Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian & Heavy Metal Drummer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If it works for you then there is no problem. But for me i do not think it would be comfortable.

In regards to the pedal/footboard by the looks of it, it would be very hard to transfer quickly enough from the double pedal to the hi hat. I have mine almost touching.

John said:
If it works for you then there is no problem. But for me i do not think it would be comfortable.

In regards to the pedal/footboard by the looks of it, it would be very hard to transfer quickly enough from the double pedal to the hi hat. I have mine almost touching.
You are right, I have to get another TAMA stand where the legs can twist around, I had one before. I am going to get another one very soon, that way the pedals can be right next to each other.

O. I never noticed that :lol

I used to have a 3 leg stand and it can be a pain when you require a tight set up.

Janus 7000 Hi Hat Stand
Now, with this stand sharing most of its parts with the 6000, this should be easy and quick, but one look at the photo will tell you it’s not going to be. Yes, that’s right, this is a bendable hi hat stand. Now, I call it bendable because we already have tilting Hi Hat stands where the whole stands leans in one direction, but as you can see, the top tube of this one has a joint just below the cymbals which allows you to tilt just the cymbals towards you (or any other direction that takes your fancy, but I cant imagine many people tilting them away from them, but you never know…).

Now, a bit of history. This is not the first stand like this. Tama had something very similar in the ‘80’s and DW tried to do it in the ‘90’s but pulled out before releasing it. Now it’s not hard to make one of these (but considerably harder than a ‘normal’ hi hat stand), but you have got to ask yourself why we don’t see more of these. What you are basically getting here is a cut down cable hat with the cable mechanism hidden in the top tube. The tilter has a wheel in it for the cable to roll over when it is tilted and there is a spring between the two cymbals to push them apart, as the part that looks like a pull rod that the clutch is connected to, is actually only 4cm long and is attached directly to the cable. It’s hard to describe this without it sounding fiddly, but with good reason. However, once you know how to do it, it’s pretty straight forward. The tilting mechanism is protected by a plastic guard and there is a black foam hand hold just below this. I can’t work out what the foam is there for, but it looks nice, so I guess that’s the reason!

Was that at NAMM? I never got the opportunity to try one of those cable hats but they look ok :thumb

I've got the Tama velo glide.

233.gif

I like the strap more then the chain.

One of my friends imported a two-legged hi-hat stand (not including the pedal) from the US and it's awesome. Much more freedom.

I'd have to agree with John that those hats look to far away for me, Lewis! But I'm not a big guy! I prefer my kit pretty compact, but if it's fine for you, then no problems. :)

Although I have to admit your kit is one of the more unique ones I've seen.

One of my friends imported a two-legged hi-hat stand (not including the pedal) from the US and it's awesome. Much more freedom.

who sells hihat stands without the pedal? :biglaugh

John said:

who sells hihat stands without the pedal? :biglaugh
It included the pedal. The number of legs was two, which didn't include the pedal. There are three legs if the pedal is counted as a leg. That's what I meant. :biggrin

The TAMA hi hat stand that I had before, had 2 legs and it could swivel around, the pedal acts as the 3rd leg. The legs swivel around' so that you can put the dual base pedal smack dab right up against the hi hat pedal. I lost the one I had in a pawn shop some years back, when I was doing bad, with the drugs and stuff.
Designed to perfectly complement the Iron Cobra bass pedal.

The Tama HH905 Iron Cobra Lever-Glide Hi Hat Stand is smooth and responsive. Iron Cobra series double-braced stand with 2 legs and advanced Lever Glide. Incomparable sensitivity, lightning fast action, player-friendly adjustment, and it's absolutely noiseless.

Back