Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Converting to Islam or other religions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
stoned-emoticon-399.html
?
:lolNo: Just that the a ball went over the bar;)

A Woman is suffecient reason, but there is never any justification to leave God.

However in my opinion both Islam, Christianity and true Buddhism leads to God. Doesn't matter in what tongue we call him, be it the Creator, Allah or Yahweh.

Christianity and true Buddhism leads to God This statement is false. The bible declares that Jesus is the ONLY WAY.

Please stop your ravings and read more than hate mail coming out of anti-Islamis sites.

Not raving, but exposing as God called us to do when one tries to teach a different gospel. Plus, I have talked and witnessed to many Muslims that have also confirmed that which I have posted and I would think they would know what they were talking about and are still in fear of Sharia law for becoming a Christian.

Is it negative and unbiblical to name false teachers? The Bible is filled with examples of Jesus and others naming false teachers by name. For example, the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy names numerous people by name.
2 Timothy 1:15: Phygellus and Hermogenes
2 Timothy 2:17: Mymenaeus and Philetus
2 Timothy 3:8: Jannes and Jambress
2 Timothy 4:10: Demas
2 Timothy 4:14: Alexander the coppersmith
In III John 9, John named Diotrephes.
Jesus called out the false teachers in Matthew 23 and Luke 11.
Ephesians 5:11 makes it clear we are to expose false teachers; "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."

Aardverk, what wayseer posted was aimed at me and here is my rebuttal as I will let the Quaran and the KJV Bible speak for themselves.

Mohammed was in fact a terrorist, criminal, and murderer whose entire life and teachings were based on victimizing innocents and indulging in mindless violence and massacre. He was a man who destroyed peace wherever he went, and in its place brought terror, carnage, and death. So how can it be a mystery to anyone that his teachings - the Qur’an would reap a harvest any different than what the world is experiencing today?

Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Muhammad..............................................................Christ Jesus
Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38).......................................Said God loves everyone. (John 3:16)

"I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)..........................................................."He who lives by the sword will die by the sword."(Matthew 26:52)

Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206).........................................................."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (John 8:7)

Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764).............................."Thou shalt not steal."(Matthew 19:18)

Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)....................."Thou shalt not bear false witness."(Matthew 19:18)

Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)..................................................Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)...................................................Beheaded no one.

Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)..............................................Preached forgiveness. (Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

"If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)............................................................."If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39)

Jihad in the way of Allah elevates
one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645).............................................................."Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50).....................................Was celibate.

Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)..........................Did not have sex with children.

Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995).......................................................Never harmed a woman.

"O you who believe! Fight those of the
unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)..............................................................."Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."(Matthew 5:5)

Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq ).....................................................................Ordered no military campaigns, nor offered any approval of war or violence.

Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)................................................................Never took captives. Never killed anyone.

Encouraged his men to rape enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)...................................Never encouraged rape. Never enslaved women.

Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)...................................................................."The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve." (Matthew 20:28)

Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)...................Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

"And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)...................................................................."Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44)

Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440(.................................................................Healed a blind man (Mark 8:28)

Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743).................................................................Washed his disciple’s feet. (John 13:5)

What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149).....................................................................What are the Greatest Commandments? "Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself." (Matthew 22:34-40)
Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)......................................................................Chastised anyone attempting to defend him with force. (John 18:10-12)

Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute..........................................Demanded nothing for himself. Died without possessions.

Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)............................................Was crucified himself.

According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413).............................................................According to his followers: Gave his life for others. (John 18:11 and elsewhere)

Aardverk, what wayseer posted was aimed at me and here is my rebuttal as I will let the Quaran and the KJV Bible speak for themselves.

Mohammed was in fact a terrorist, criminal, and murderer whose entire life and teachings were based on victimizing innocents and indulging in mindless violence and massacre. He was a man who destroyed peace wherever he went, and in its place brought terror, carnage, and death.

You mean he was like Jesus. Well done - Jesus said something about bringing a sword and it was all swords across Europe when the Crusades began

Your ideology is as skewed as your references. You'll be hit on the 'let's hate Muslims' sites.

My challenge has been in response to one post, not yours, that claimed 4: 24 was the green light to go ahead and rape women.

You then followed up my objection with your support for the matter of rape as legally sanction and produced a hadith supposedly in support of that position.

No one is denying rape happens - that is not the issue - try and stay on track. The issue is that there is a perception, fuelled by hatred, that the Qur'an legitimizes rape.

You are clutching at straws in an effort to legitimize your ideology.
I do not have any ideology. I am open to the ideas of all religions and none.

It is you who is clutching at straws - to justify your rather rude out-burst.

It will not have escaped anyone's notice that you have rubbished the interpretation that 'those words' permit rape yet you have not bothered to provide any alternative interpretation. Why not? :chin

.....No one is denying rape happens - that is not the issue...
Yes, it is exactly the issue. You made an issue out of it when you were very insulting. Why are you now avoiding that issue?

Perhaps it is time for you to apologize. :yes

:toofunny :toofunny I saw his flaws in interpretation but decided to keep silent - knowing others would spot some of 'em.
OK Classik, wayseer has not even tried to come up with an alternative interpretation. He has picked up his ball and stormed off the pitch in disgrace.

You made it perfectly clear that you have your own ball, let's see you take your turn at the goal. :chin

Permit me to answer your question with questions???
By all means, as long as it is not just a way of diverting attention from your earlier mocking of me.

Wayseer weaved all over the pitch, loudly benching as he went; he tried and failed to find anyone to pass to and eventually walked off without even taking a shot. You're not going to do the same are you?

I know you generally avoid controversy BUT if everyone does that the bullies and bigots take over.
By all means, as long as it is not just a way of diverting attention from your earlier mocking of me.
Way too scary...a statement:sad Obviously you used a perfect tool: A way of saying I shouldn't even ask you question...or all that I do is just i n s u l t:bigfrown. [SIZE=-3]Well! It's Queens Park R. vs Liverpool[/SIZE]

Way too scary...a statement:sad Obviously you used a perfect tool: A way of saying I shouldn't even ask you question...or all that I do is just i n s u l t:bigfrown. [SIZE=-3]Well! It's Queens Park R. vs Liverpool[/SIZE]

2:1 in extra time.

No, I really do think that you ask excellent questions - usually. You are also very polite - usually.

In this instance you mocked my interpretation and then failed to give any alternative interpretation or explanation. It does now appear that your later 'question' was just a way of diverting attention from you mocking me. Have you lost your confidence because wayseer does now seem to have accepted that 'those words' did give licence to rape?

So, a clear question for you: What is your interpretation of 'those words'?

You obviously had an opinion earlier.:chin

2:1 in extra time.
Neither do you appear to have interest in soccer. It is still First-Half. It is the 39th minute now and QPR 0:3 Liverpool. Suarez scoring at 10th and 16th minutes, Agger at 28th minute. 3 goals to Liverpool, none to QPR. I wonder where you got your data from.

Neither do you appear to have interest in soccer. It is still First-Half. It is the 39th minute now and QPR 0:3 Liverpool. Suarez scoring at 10th and 16th minutes, Agger at 28th minute. 3 goals to Liverpool, none to QPR. I wonder where you got your data from.

Oh dear, you have found out the truth about me - I have not the slightest interest in soccer.

I am very interested in fairness though. Aren't you?

You mean he was like Jesus. Well done - Jesus said something about bringing a sword and it was all swords across Europe when the Crusades began

Your ideology is as skewed as your references. You'll be hit on the 'let's hate Muslims' sites.

First you need to understand that a sword can be a physical instrument of battle and also the sword being that of Gods word (Bible) we take into battle or is this to hard for you to understand.

Where did I ever show that Mohammed was like Jesus, get a clue, he was the complete opposite of Jesus. I think by letting the Quaran and the KJV Bible speaking for themselves you would see this.

First you need to understand that a sword can be a physical instrument of battle and also the sword being that of Gods word (Bible) we take into battle or is this to hard for you to understand.

You mean it's a metaphor - ? I wonder if you could apply the same thinking to the Qur'an? And if you can't apply the same consistency to the Qur'an as you apply to the Bible then you are not dealing with scripture at all - you are dealing with your own ideology.

Where did I ever show that Mohammed was like Jesus, get a clue, he was the complete opposite of Jesus. I think by letting the Quaran and the KJV Bible speaking for themselves you would see this.

Well, you seem to think Muhammad was this warlord like character when you mentioned violence and mayhem and I just bought to your attention that Jesus said a few things about swords and causing mayhem. And given the evidence of history - how right he was!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have any ideology. I am open to the ideas of all religions and none.

Don't kid yourself - you are not 'open' at all. If you were 'open' you would see the folly of your posts.

It will not have escaped anyone's notice that you have rubbished the interpretation that 'those words' permit rape yet you have not bothered to provide any alternative interpretation. Why not?

Here is an example of how 'closed' and tied up in your agenda you really are - so much so that you don't read posts. Read #51.

Don't kid yourself - you are not 'open' at all. If you were 'open' you would see the folly of your posts.
I see the folly of my posts every time someone points them out. I would be very grateful to you if you could point out any folly. ;)
Here is an example of how 'closed' and tied up in your agenda you really are - so much so that you don't read posts. Read #51.
Yep, I read that, it said, 'waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, these texts cannot be read as a license to rape or denigrate women, waffle, waffle'.:lol

Nowhere did you even attempt to say why 'those words' do not licence rape. Nowhere did you give any alternative explanation of 'those words' and neither has Classik, the only other person who appeared, initially, to agree with you. If neither of you are willing to even try to give an explanation, your ideas will obviously be dismissed along with the waffle you presented in post #51. It was so alien that it might just as well have gone to area 51.

Waffle is not an apology for your insults either. :grumpy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back