Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Converting to Islam or other religions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Under what or whose inspiration do you quote Koran or the Bible?
Is that directed at anyone or anything or is it a Classik philosophy question?
(Well worthy of a separate thread by the way.)

YOU! ...In the Prospect of answering your question.
I have never quoted the Q'ran.

I have only ever quoted The Bible to illustrate that there are alternative interpretations and alternative passages which support a disturbing variety of views.

My interpretation is rarely influenced by other people, I feel that I understand language fairly well. When faced with a clearly alternative wording in different bibles, I refer to Young's Literal Translation and search for any disputed translations from the original language. As you probably know already, there are many thousands of copying and translation errors, particularly in the Greek manuscripts.

You mean it's a metaphor - ? I wonder if you could apply the same thinking to the Qur'an? And if you can't apply the same consistency to the Qur'an as you apply to the Bible then you are not dealing with scripture at all - you are dealing with your own ideology.

Well, you seem to think Muhammad was this warlord like character when you mentioned violence and mayhem and I just bought to your attention that Jesus said a few things about swords and causing mayhem. And given the evidence of history - how right he was!

wayseer I have shown you proof of who Mohammed was and what he wrote in his Quaran and compared that to who Christ still is for what He spoke in the Bible. It's up to you to see the difference between the two as one, as you say, being a warlord, but yet say there is no difference between Mohammed and Christ. Please show me scripture where Jesus spoke about the sword and caused mayhem.

Alright. So under what/whose inspiration do you say those and how justified?:biggrinunno :shrug:confused
I have made that very clear, right from my very first post in this thread; I even underlined it! Why on earth do you think that I need 'inspiration' from anyone to interpret words? Words mean what they say unless you are Alice Through The Looking Glass OR you have re-defined them for some other reason - rather like a code. Is that what you think? You think the Q'ran and The Bible are in code that only the 'inspired few' can understand? :gah

I have made that very clear, right from my very first post in this thread; I even underlined it! Why on earth do you think that I need 'inspiration' from anyone to interpret words? Words mean what they say unless you are Alice Through The Looking Glass OR you have re-defined them for some other reason - rather like a code. Is that what you think? You think the Q'ran and The Bible are in code that only the 'inspired few' can understand? :gah

Mr. Aardverk, you do not understand the Bible.
The Bible is the inspired word of God.
You are not inspired.
Therefore, your arguments are fruitless.
1 Corinthians 2:6-16
With your own words, these verses are spoken of you.

He wouldn't hear................He would't understand at all.
Mockery again Classik. :shame

Even you must agree that it is extreme arrogance to believe that only a select few 'inspired' people can understand what is written. If that were the case, it would be completely pointless anyone else reading The Bible. By that definition someone has to magically decide that they were now 'inspired' and then, and only then, would it be worth them reading The Bible.

If that were the case, why do Christians always tell unbelievers to read The Bible? I'm afraid you really can't have it all ways with words magically meaning whatever you want them to mean to suit your argument of the moment. That way madness lies. I hate to use the Dawkins word but that really is self-delusion.

So which is it? Do you want me to read The Bible and the various analyses of The Bible or not read The Bible any more?
(It is a bit late to stop, I have already been reading it for more that twice your life-time.)

Just for once, try to address the question that your mocking words raise.

:sad:bigfrownMockery? Absolutely no mockery. Mockery doesn't agree with my constitution. Yes: I may use mokcery on pitch, in the field, in arenas - durring socker!!! In the other word such term isn't in my marrow. (What is the essence of the Spirit?). Anyone may choose to readt the gospel. Do you need the Spirit???:sad:bigfrown

:sad:bigfrownMockery? Absolutely no mockery. Mockery doesn't agree with my constitution. Yes: I may use mokcery on pitch, in the field, in arenas - durring socker!!! In the other word such term isn't in my marrow. (What is the essence of the Spirit?). Anyone may choose to readt the gospel. Do you need the Spirit???:sad:bigfrown
Yet again you avoid giving answers. Now I wonder why? :lol

Aardverk, it is only by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that we have complete understanding of Gods word. John 14:26. The disciples could not understand with their carnal minds what Jesus was teaching them, but they knew he was a prophet sent from God and accepted the authority and power which he taught with through miracles, signs and wonders. It would not be until the Spirit of God was taken up out of the tomb and revealed to the hearts of those who believed on him that the same Spirit would be sent back down to dwell in the hearts of those who believed.

Romans 8:6 for to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:7 because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Acts 1:1 the former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Acts 1:2 until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Acts 1:3 to whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Acts 1:4 and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Acts 1:7 and he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Acts 1:8 but ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 2:1 and when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2 and suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3 and there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4 and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

your ideas will obviously be dismissed along with the waffle you presented in post #51.

But I note that apart from crying 'waffle' you have not made any comment that might be deemed a logical response.

I can only assume you have no intention of doing anything other than listening to the sound of your own voice ...

Goodbye.

wayseer I have shown you proof of who Mohammed was and what he wrote in his Quaran

Welln No - you have not done either. You have given me your opinion which in both cases is wrong.

Muhammad was not a warlord as you suppose and he did NOT write anything.

Please show me scripture where Jesus spoke about the sword and caused mayhem.

Matthew 10: 34.

Welln No - you have not done either. You have given me your opinion which in both cases is wrong.

Muhammad was not a warlord as you suppose and he did NOT write anything.

Matthew 10: 34.

Muhammed may not have been a warlord but he did lead an army and led them in fighting for at least 8 years.
Although Muhammed predates the earliest known writing of the Quran, it doesn't mean one wasn't written earlier.
Whether or not Muhammed wrote anything is an unknown.

Back