Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Converting to Islam...Question for Christians

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
BTW Hana is what MA said about having a personal relationship with Allah, true for you too? Do you have a personal relationship with him?

IMO...a Muslim. lol

This is because we follow exactly as he wanted us to. We don't believe the Chrsitians of today do that. I think brother MA explained it much better than I did. What he said was absolutely right in that we can't deny the love Christians have for Jesus, pbuh. What we say is that you love Him so much you gave Him the same status as God. For a Muslim, we can never do that because there is only one God and we don't accept the trinity. We love Muhammed, pbuh, in the same way we love and revere Jesus, pbuh. But, none of the Prophets could ever compare to God.

But if you've never met Him, how can you profess to know Him?

Pantheism? How so? This the definition Pantheism - the view that the Universe (Nature) and God are identical. Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal, anthropomorphic or creator god. The word derives from the Ancient Greek: πᾶν (pan) meaning ‘all’ and θεός (theos) meaning ‘God’. As such, Pantheism denotes the idea that “God†is best seen as a way of relating to the Universe.

We do not believe God is in everything - we belive He is seperate from His creation - we do not assign any anthropomorphism to God - as He is unique and does not resemble anything in creation - He has no limits, so any definition of His image would thusly limit Gods infinite Power. We define God and describe God in much the same way the classical jewish theologians did - as our God is also their God.

Oops. I meant polytheism. Sorry.

-HisSheep

I can type 100+ wpm! LOL.

But see you didn't grasp the point I was trying to make. If the Bible and all traces of the Bible are erased from the earth, and all the people who know of the Bible and what's in it are erased from the earth, Christianity can still survive.

But if we do the same thing to the Qu'ran the same is not true. Do you get me now?

And the point that I'm trying to make about needing the Holy Spirit to understand the Bible, is that only God can reveal God. Man cannot presume to understand God. By hiding His secrets in the Bible, God essentially forces man to seek Him and ask Him for understanding.

Also, if you god has blinded me, he's not very nice :shame

And that's not what I'm asking. I asked "Don't you, Hana, want to know god the same way you get to know a friend?"

Cause, sadly, it seems in Islam there is no way to have such a friendship with God, and that is the only reason I can't become a Muslim. I would lose my best friend :verysad:bigcry

Also can I trouble you to answer these questions.

Oops. I meant polytheism. Sorry.

-HisSheep

Polythesism??? That is worshiping more than one God. The very proclamation of our faith clearly rejects this. "There is no god except God and Muhammed is the messenger of God."

What gives you the idea we border on Polytheism? What other god do you think we are worshipping?

With peace,
Hana

Hana and MA, have you ever felt the presence of your god? Is this something that is common for Muslims? If so, what is it like?

Can you describe what it's like? I've never heard a Muslim say such a thing- ever. I am very surprised by this.

Peace to you theLords:

The love you have for Jesus, pbuh, is the exact same we have for Allah. No, He does not come and talk to me nor has he ever physically come to me in dreams or otherwise. Our entire lives we strive to please Him, to be closer to Him, to live by His decree. We would lay down our lives and die for Him, just as you said you would do for Jesus, pbuh. In everything we do we worship him. When we get up in the morning we say Bismallah (In the name of God). In every good thing that happens, no matter how slight we say Mashallah (as God wanted) or Alhamdulillah (All thanks be to God). If we hope to get a job, for example, we say Inshallah (God Willing). There is nothing we do not do where we don't give Him thanks and praise.

His mercy and love is so far beyond our comprehension. We as humans cannot possibly begin to fully understand God.

With peace,
Hana

IMO...a Muslim. lol

This is because we follow exactly as he wanted us to. We don't believe the Chrsitians of today do that. I think brother MA explained it much better than I did. What he said was absolutely right in that we can't deny the love Christians have for Jesus, pbuh. What we say is that you love Him so much you gave Him the same status as God. For a Muslim, we can never do that because there is only one God and we don't accept the trinity. We love Muhammed, pbuh, in the same way we love and revere Jesus, pbuh. But, none of the Prophets could ever compare to God.

Hi Hana,

As you likely know, Christianity teaches that no man is able to “follow exactly as he wants us toâ€. Even if a person is to be judged according to their own flawed moral standard, they will fall short of adhering to it. Let alone adhering to God’s lofty law.

God demands absolute perfection, and our works are simply not enough. Isaiah had this to say about the effectiveness of the works of a fallen man:

All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

Really, one of the most significant lessons from the whole of the Old Testament is that man is unable to please God through works. Faith is what God demands.

Why can't I change font color? I like to color quotes... Is that feature gone?

-HisSheep

Peace to you theLords:

The love you have for Jesus, pbuh, is the exact same we have for Allah. No, He does not come and talk to me nor has he ever physically come to me in dreams or otherwise. Our entire lives we strive to please Him, to be closer to Him, to live by His decree. We would lay down our lives and die for Him, just as you said you would do for Jesus, pbuh. In everything we do we worship him. When we get up in the morning we say Bismallah (In the name of God). In every good thing that happens, no matter how slight we say Mashallah (as God wanted) or Alhamdulillah (All thanks be to God). If we hope to get a job, for example, we say Inshallah (God Willing). There is nothing we do not do where we don't give Him thanks and praise.

His mercy and love is so far beyond our comprehension. We as humans cannot possibly begin to fully understand God.

With peace,
Hana

No, He does not come and talk to me nor has he ever physically come to me in dreams or otherwise

you answered my question here. Thank you, I appreciate it. So then as for you, you don't have a personal relationship with your god. Okay.

Hana, would you like to do a one on one debate in the subform? I have to go now, but I can talk with you tomorrow. If you want can you start with what confusions led you away from Christianity? I'll go start the thread. (I guess a mod has to approve threads in that forum. I posted it under "Christian/Muslim Debate". It's the 1 on 1 Debate Subforum, under Apologetics) I look forward to talking to you there.

Talk to you later! Good night, sweet dreams

PS- MA, if you see this you're welcome to join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hana and MA, have you ever felt the presence of your god? Is this something that is common for Muslims? If so, what is it like?

We know He is with us everywhere....well not exactly everywhere...He's not in the bathrooms and dirty places. But, we say He as close to us as our own jugular. When we pray we are so focused we are not necessarily aware of our surroundings we are so devoted to Him to pray and not much can take us away from that.

So, it's not the same as the Christians say that you feel a warmth or a spirit overtaking you or anything like that. We KNOW He's there, We KNOW He listens and we KNOW He will answer our prayers...positively if it will be good for us, not as positive as we want if it's not good for us. Just because we pray and don't get what we want, doesn't mean the prayer hasn't been answered. :)

With peace,
Hana

No, He does not come and talk to me nor has he ever physically come to me in dreams or otherwise

you answered my question here. Thank you, I appreciate it. So then as for you, you don't have a personal relationship with your god. Okay.

Hana, would you like to do a one on one debate in the subform? I have to go now, but I can talk with you tomorrow. If you want can you start with what confusions led you away from Christianity? I'll go start the thread. (I guess a mod has to approve threads in that forum. I posted it under "Christian/Muslim Debate". It's the 1 on 1 Debate Subforum, under Apologetics) I look forward to talking to you there.

Talk to you later! Good night, sweet dreams

PS- MA, if you see this you're welcome to join in.

It's been a long time since I've debated simply because it always seems feelings get hurt and people take it personally and it turns into a bash session. I wouldn't mind a friendly debate/discussion on why I left Christianity and embraced Islam at all. I would welcome the opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas and will definitely participate.

Thank you for the discussion tonight, it was very interesting. :)

Take care and sweet dreams to you as well.

With peace,
Hana

Polythesism??? That is worshiping more than one God. The very proclamation of our faith clearly rejects this. "There is no god except God and Muhammed is the messenger of God."

What gives you the idea we border on Polytheism? What other god do you think we are worshipping?

With peace,
Hana

There's been a misunderstanding, Hana. I was only pointing out that "the conversation" was getting pretty near a discussion of whether or not Christianity is polytheistic. It is not. That's all I meant to say. I know that both Christianity and Islam are monotheistic. Now, I'm afraid I've created a distraction in the thread. I regret mentioning it. I was initially responding to MA's post:

The scripture you posted is quite interesting - There is a hadeeth with much the same wording - where are the day of judgement christians will come to jesus(AS) and ask him to intercede before Allah for them - at which point Jesus(AS) will turn away from them and ask Allah not to associate any of the polytheism of christians with him - he will then tell the christians that they are not of him.

I ended up using the word pantheism rather than polytheism, got myself corrected, and now my passing comment turned into a distraction. Sorry for that.

-HisSheep

Hi Hana,

As you likely know, Christianity teaches that no man is able to “follow exactly as he wants us toâ€. Even if a person is to be judged according to their own flawed moral standard, they will fall short of adhering to it. Let alone adhering to God’s lofty law.

God demands absolute perfection, and our works are simply not enough. Isaiah had this to say about the effectiveness of the works of a fallen man:

All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

Really, one of the most significant lessons from the whole of the Old Testament is that man is unable to please God through works. Faith is what God demands.

Why can't I change font color? I like to color quotes... Is that feature gone?

-HisSheep

Peace to you HisSheep:

Sorry, I should have clarified. No, we could never be exactly as Jesus or any of the Prophets. I meant that we following his teachings on how to worship and strive. We were made imperfect so only an unjust God would expect perfection. As we both know, God can NEVER be unjust. He wants us to turn to him in sincere repentance and turn to Him in guidance. The problem arises when we continue to sin and sin and sin and never seek Him for forgiveness and guidance.

It is our deeds are part of faith and yes they are used as a "measure" of our faith.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well. Perhaps my brother MA could clarify this better for you.

With peace,
Hana

There's been a misunderstanding, Hana. I was only pointing out that "the conversation" was getting pretty near a discussion of whether or not Christianity is polytheistic. It is not. That's all I meant to say. I know that both Christianity and Islam are monotheistic. Now, I'm afraid I've created a distraction in the thread. I regret mentioning it. I was initially responding to MA's post:

I ended up using the word pantheism rather than polytheism, got myself corrected, and now my passing comment turned into a distraction. Sorry for that.

-HisSheep

Peace to you HisSheep:

Oh, I get ya. Not to worry at all. No distraction. :)

With peace,
Hana

Sorry, I didn't respond to what I know of the original gospels. What I know of the original gospels and the previous revelations, is that none exist. There are no originals left anywhere to go back to. What we do have is the MOST RECENT documents. These documents differ from each other as older documents are discovered. Obviously the older the document, the closer it is to the source, so the more accurate it would be. The oldest documents, for example, do not say Jesus, pbuh, was begotten. The oldest documents do not have the "there are 3 that bare witness" quote that is in the bible today.

Again, this could probably be in its own thread as it is a very vast topic.

With peace,
Hana

I'll start another thread on this and we can talk in more detail. Be looking for it and join in if you will.

Thank you for answering, MA. I appreciate you doing so.

When you were in the "in between" of Christian and Muslim. Did you ever cry out to the Lord Jesus to stop "Satan" from trying to convince you He was not the Son of God? i.e. - "Lord Jesus, Satan is trying to get me to convert to Islam, please help me?"

Would you mind sharing your conversion story? What began the doubting? How you found Islam? The process of your conversion?

So one night I sat at the feet of my Creator and begged him to guide me to His path - I then opened the bible to a random page in search of a scripture that would be a sign for me. I remember vividly reading it and upon reading a part which calls christians to worship Jesus(AS) - I felt sick - I felt disgusted by this blatant disregard for the First commandment - thou shall not take any Idols before me. I then opened the Quran randomly seeking a sign. I immediately began to feel His majesty fall upon me .

Thank you, I understand what happened completely now.

Back