Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Covid Vaccine — Texas Senate Discussion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My faith is not mistaken at all. His blindness was a judgement on the Pharisees. His blindness may not have been a judgment on his parent's particular sin or because of his particular sin that doesn't mean it wasn't because of sin. Are you saying Christ is saying this blind man had NO SIN or is He saying- it is not because of any sin of his or his parents that he was born blind?
Him being born blind is an answer concerning the sin of others. If that is not true then no need to display God's work, right? Point is, all illness and death entered the world by way of one man's sin- Adam and his wife. Say what you want, that man who Christ healed did have some sort of sin. It may not have contributed to his blindness as Christ said but he had sin like everyone else never-the -less. Scripture is clear, Christ is the only one born without sin-
1 John 3:5
You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

His blindness was an example to the spiritually blind.

Free, all you have manage to do is misinterpret scripture. But I want to thank you because with your attempt at putting scripture against scripture as though they will implode, you prove my point. There is healing in Christ. You put an account of one who had to be saved from physical blindness against my belief in Christ's healing power as if I misapply my faith in devotion to my Good Physician?

Once that blind man was healed and received Christ, if He stayed in the faith, all the following blessing which accompany Christians would be evident. You put a blind man's sight against my sight? I am not spiritually blind. That blind man's sight did, however, reveal your spiritual blindness. If you were truly free you would have never put scripture against scripture as though Christ is contradicting Himself. It was because of some sort of sin, if not his then as a witness against others, which includes you.

What you fail to see, I never said a process to perfection does not mean bumps in the road. My point is, the examples in our Christian doctrine will eventual be complete. I say this due to the hour in history we are in. The culmination of all that was taught is the crowning of the end time Elect. The fullness of the gentile is complete. The sealing of the remnant among the 12 Tribes is just about done. The house is just about full. The blessings and the fullness are for God's people called Israel. You put forth a process unfolding, I put forth the end goal. My faith is never mistaken.
Now you are moving the goalposts. You claimed: "To be sick, according to my faith, is a judgement from the Lord. So, I walk according to my faith and that is all the medicine I need."

I proved that that is based on applying a passage of Scripture incorrectly, out of context. Sickness is not always God's judgement; it is a result of living in a fallen world.

I predicted the numbers would increase based on observation, the data, and common sense. Viruses mutate and the vaccines were made for the original variant. The newer variants are better at evading the immune system.
But you are then unaware of the impact the season has on these viruses. The numbers went down every other summer for reasons those who understand virus know.
Without further qualifying his claims, he is wrong in that the unvaccinated are more vulnerable to severe disease, hospitalization, and death. Even the recovered can continue to get COVID, in large part due to the latest variants being better able to evade the immune system, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
He IS looking at the research. But thank you for admitted the recovered are better protected.
Without evidence that is mere conjecture and opinion.
He has evidence and understanding and the numbers are up.

Yes, the great truth teller is Time. It won’t favor all of those knee jerk decision makers.

But in case you haven’t figured it out yet, none of this has much to do with us. On one level it’s all been a grand experiment to see how far you can push people and who will be compliant given certain stimuli, incentives or threats and penalties. And it was a global test with different methods and means in different countries.

Beyond that it is compliance training focused on our kids and grandkids. They are being taught to listen, trust and obey. To never question nor resist.
This is such an interesting post. I agree and way back when the jab tyranny started, I asked the Lord what the goal of those in charge was. This was Spring or summer 2020. He answered in one word, “compliance.” It wasn’t so apparent then. Since then many have seen this to be true.

Beyond that it is compliance training focused on our kids and grandkids. They are being taught to listen, trust and obey. To never question nor resist.
This is why the anti-vaxxers are so furious at fact-checking sites that question their stories. When they post the evidence, it undermines their attempt to get Americans to listen and obey without question.

This is why a free internet is the solution for the antivaxxer cult.

This is why the anti-vaxxers are so furious at fact-checking sites that question their stories. When they post the evidence, it undermines their attempt to get Americans to listen and obey without question.

This is why a free internet is the solution for the antivaxxer cult.

This is why zealots are constantly compelled to uphold the narrative. It falters under scrutiny, so they must constantly try to shout down anyone who says- "do your own research." They would much rather spoon feed you their "facts" than have you believe your own eyes.

I have no interest in countering zealots. They've convinced themselves.

But you are then unaware of the impact the season has on these viruses. The numbers went down every other summer for reasons those who understand virus know.
The numbers went down because mandates were in place. As soon as they were removed, typically around summer, the numbers began to increase two or three weeks later.

He IS looking at the research. But thank you for admitted the recovered are better protected.
I never admitted that. The jury might still be out on that. The last that I read, being vaccinated and having had COVID provided the best protection, but I don't think it was by much, and that was last year.

He has evidence and understanding and the numbers are up.
That was a statement I made to another user.

Last edited:
Just came across this article of a study that came out two days ago:

'The study found that while mRNA vaccines produce more antibodies at peak production and therefore more protection than natural infection would, the viral vector vaccines produce approximately the same amount of antibodies as natural infection at peak capacity.

This means that the AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson vaccines are expected to "yield lower, shorter-term protection against breakthrough infection," the study says. More accurately, mRNA vaccines provide almost three times as much duration of protection in contrast to viral vector vaccines.'

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/article-712265

The numbers went down because mandates were in place. As soon as they were removed, typically around summer, the numbers began to increase two or three weeks later.
No, the summer of 2020 and 2021, the numbers went down. You do not understand the nature and spread of virus. There is a reason why we have a "flu season" which is in the colder months.
I never admitted that. The jury might still be out on that. The last that I read, being vaccinated and having had COVID provided the best protection, but I don't think it was by much, and that was last year.
Yes, you did without knowing it. You said, "even the recovered" which indicates that they are the best protected and even they, whom we expect to do so, get the illness twice. That the vaccinated and unvaccinated get sick over and for the vaccinated, over and over again, that is expected.
That was a statement I made to another user.
What does that matter?

The antivaxxer narrative seems to require them to be insulting to those who aren't in their group. It's not hard to understand. This is a common feature of conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theories often take flight during unsettling times.
For example, in a pandemic, during a close election in a politically divided country, or after a terrorist attack.
Why is that?
Painful and uncertain times might lead many people to find alternative ways to make sense of such a shocking or painful situation.
Following a conspiracy theory might help you feel you understand the events, and, in turn, this could alleviate some uncertainty and anxiety.
There’s more to conspiracy theories than the need to make sense of shocking events, though.

Is everyone vulnerable to conspiratorial thinking? Not necessarily.
Conspiracy theory experts have found that certain cognitive styles and personality traits might be common among people who believe in them.
According to a 2018 study, people who believe in conspiracy theories tend to show personality traits and characteristics such as:

• paranoid or suspicious thinking
  • eccentricity
  • low trust in others
  • stronger need to feel special
  • belief in the world as a dangerous place
  • seeing meaningful patterns where none exist

There's a tendency in all of us to see patterns where none exist. Who hasn't looked at clouds and seen faces or other figures therein? Why does this happen? Turns out, there's a survival value in finding patterns and inferring things from them. The hominid who saw movement in the tall grass and inferred a large animal moving there, tended to live and produce more offspring than the hominid who didn't make that inference.

But the trait, if carried to extremes, will produce a fearful, hostile, and ultimately unsuccessful human being. There's considerable evidence that such people have very robust amygdalas (struture in the brain) and relatively smaller ACGs (different brain structure). The amygdala is good at threat assessment. The ACG is good at processing novel input and working out what it means.

My daughter had a mild case. After that she had a significant titer of antibody. But in six months, it was essentially gone. She had been donating plasma for antibodies, but after that time, there wasn't enough to make it useful for treating people.

I started a thread with an interview that explains the blindness of those who have embraced the narrative and are insulting to those who haven't. It is very important to understand.

The vaccination narrative (the case for the jabs) is collapsing under the weight of itself. The things they said it would do, it has not done. It doesn't prevent, it doesn't protect. It just doesn't. And now it is presenting as more harmful than good. Between utter ineffectiveness and damaging side effects people are realizing-- all but the zealots that is, that they've been duped. That they were bullied and suckered into getting shots that do no good and much harm.

Not only does poor old Joe have cancer.... the triple jabbed super senior also has COVID. Very mild case mind you. You have to put on your imagination glasses and wonder how bad it might have been if he had not been thrice jabbed.

"This morning, President Biden tested positive for COVID-19," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a written statement. "He is fully vaccinated and twice boosted and experiencing very mild symptoms.

The vaccination narrative (the case for the jabs) is collapsing under the weight of itself. The things they said it would do, it has not done. It doesn't prevent, it doesn't protect. It just doesn't. And now it is presenting as more harmful than good. Between utter ineffectiveness and damaging side effects people are realizing-- all but the zealots that is, that they've been duped. That they were bullied and suckered into getting shots that do no good and much harm.
The question is what will happen in the Fall when the state will again require those shots or no job. Will people comply again? Will they stand in solidarity and refuse? They did not the first time. Since adverse effects are covered up as best the state can, it is only by knowing people who ended up in ER or dead or suffering life long neurological effects (no one attributes to those jabs) who can understand the risks from the jabs are higher than the virus.

And will those who buy the narrative threaten those who refuse? Will their hatred go that far?

Not only does poor old Joe have cancer.... the triple jabbed super senior also has COVID. Very mild case mind you. You have to put on your imagination glasses and wonder how bad it might have been if he had not been thrice jabbed.

"This morning, President Biden tested positive for COVID-19," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a written statement. "He is fully vaccinated and twice boosted and experiencing very mild symptoms.
Right. I had covid before any shots and I had very mild symptoms. I would have gone to work if it were for the test. As it was, I finished our move unpacking all the boxes and enjoying the time off of work without using my vacation days.

No, the summer of 2020 and 2021, the numbers went down. You do not understand the nature and spread of virus. There is a reason why we have a "flu season" which is in the colder months.
Probably depends on where you live. Where I live, the numbers dropped last year from late winter to spring, then mandates were removed at the begging of July, and cases started climbing two weeks later. And it did exactly the same thing again this year. Cases have also been climbing in the U.S. and U.K. (probably other countries as well) through June and July.

Yes, you did without knowing it. You said, "even the recovered" which indicates that they are the best protected and even they, whom we expect to do so, get the illness twice.
No, I didn't. I stated, "Even the recovered can continue to get COVID." I was saying that to make sure I addressed a common misconception among anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists that getting COVID once means you can't get it again, precisely because the belief is that it provides the best immunity.

That the vaccinated and unvaccinated get sick over and for the vaccinated, over and over again, that is expected.
This sentence doesn't make sense. What are you saying?

People believe this because they are essentially anti-science and conspiracy theorists, but it just isn't based on reality; it's far-right propaganda. Such an argument ignores the nature of viruses, how vaccines work against specific variants, the difficulties with getting vaccines delivered around the world quick enough, and human nature.

It also completely ignores a massive amount of data to say that vaccines are "more harmful than good." The data proves that 1) the vaccines significantly reduce severe illness, hospitalizations, and deaths, and 2) that getting COVID can not only give the same negative side effects that relatively very few have had with the vaccines, but that a person is much more likely to get them with COVID. In short, the vaccines are much safer than getting COVID and have proved to be very beneficial.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back