Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Covid Vaccine — Texas Senate Discussion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wouldn't bother. You aren't going to find any of those types on here. What you will find are those that relay information and do absolutely no work of their own. After my own recent experiment in a planned conversation to do with cell towers, I can tell you that it's always about narrative, narrative, narrative. It's religion, plain and simple.

Lol! Who do you get your cookies from?
It's called the Central Dogma of molecular biology. Learn about it, here:

This is a very simplified, but accurate description. The details get pretty complicated, but it's essentially as the link shows it.

I have two degrees in the field, and operated an allergy/immunology unit for the AF. Your credentials?
Yeah this is what I mean. "Your people" are saying something so you are backing them up, even if it means completely bungling a conversation like you did on the towers.

Did you believe what scientists said about oil wells and their limited/finite capacity until they figured out it wasn't true? Did you believe the mainstream scientists when they were being paid to support oil companies by combating information coming out on how damaging leaded gas was? These questions don't have to be answered. They are being posted for the same reason you are responding to me knowing that I probably won't say anything to you.

I don't buy the postmodern notion that truth is whatever you want to make it be. Sorry.
I completely agree. Hence why I asked if you supported the definition change on what a vaccine was in order for it to fit what the narrative demanded. Don't be sorry though. I am not here to convince YOU of anything :biggrin2

It's called the Central Dogma of molecular biology. Learn about it, here:

This is a very simplified, but accurate description. The details get pretty complicated, but it's essentially as the link shows it.
I actually know quite a bit about all that. I have made that very clear on many occasions. I guess reading comprehension is not your claim to fame. Piggybacking on titles is all the agenda is doing. Using a title and position of one in the respected field of medicine is a no-brainer for the corrupt minds behind the Covid-19 agenda. You speak from a narrow-sighted view of self-preservation by way of indoctrination and ignore your peer's assessments. See, that in and of itself is very telling. You bark what you are told -for cookies. You have no contributions beyond the little box you are in. Anyone can read the books you read and receive talking points from a tiered down medical system overseen by men who you better follow, or get de-platformed, slandered and blocked! No matter how you turn it, I am speaking fact! You simply jump through hoops for brownie points from your masters.

There is no such thing as a Covid Vaccine.
That's already settled, too...

No point in denial.
Vaccines produce immunity.
As do the COVID-19 vaccines.
BMJ
2021 May 13;373:n1088

Effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines on covid-19 related symptoms, hospital admissions, and mortality in older adults in England: test negative case-control study

Conclusion:

Vaccination with either one dose of BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1-S was associated with a significant reduction in symptomatic covid-19 in older adults, and with further protection against severe disease. Both vaccines showed similar effects. Protection was maintained for the duration of follow-up (>6 weeks). A second dose of BNT162b2 was associated with further protection against symptomatic disease. A clear effect of the vaccines against the B.1.1.7 variant was found.

JCI Insight
2021 May 10;6(9):e149187

Abstract

Roughly 1 year after the first case of COVID-19 was identified and less than 1 year after the sequencing of SARS-CoV-2, multiple SARS-CoV-2 vaccines with demonstrated safety and efficacy in phase III clinical trials are available. The most promising vaccines have targeted the surface glycoprotein (S-protein) of SARS-CoV-2 and achieved an approximate 85%-95% reduction in the risk of symptomatic COVID-19, while retaining excellent safety profiles and modest side effects in the phase III clinical trials. The mRNA, replication-incompetent viral vector, and protein subunit vaccine technologies have all been successfully employed. Some novel SARS-CoV-2 variants evade but do not appear to fully overcome the potent immunity induced by these vaccines. Emerging real-world effectiveness data add evidence for protection from severe COVID-19. This is an impressive first demonstration of the effectiveness of the mRNA vaccine and vector vaccine platforms.

You have been duped because you take medical advice from anti-vaxxer propaganda, instead of the medical and scientific literature.

Lol! Ok........you take them then, no worries, right? They work right? Oh, but all that science has changed and been updated. So, do vaccines actually work or has that all been thrown out the window with Covid-19? I will not convince you to not get the shots, just as you won't convince me to get them. Oh, and my faith tells me something completely different from your beliefs.
1 Corinthians 11:
Sharing in the Lord's Supper
…29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31Now if we judged ourselves properly, we would not come under judgment.…

According to my faith, we must approach the supper of the Lord in repentance and sincerity believing in the power of Christ. To be sick, according to my faith, is a judgement from the Lord. So, I walk according to my faith and that is all the medicine I need.
Then your faith is mistaken. How about the man born blind? Jesus makes it very clear that it wasn't based on his or his parents' sinning. That is, it was not at all judgement; it was to display "the works of God" (John 9:1-3). Even Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach (1 Tim 5:23). Interesting that he didn't mention it was judgement from God. Or what about Epaphroditus who almost died from his illness (Phil 2:26-27)? No mention about judgement there either. And the same goes for Trophimus who was ill (2 Tim 4:20).

You are taking a passage out of context, ignoring the specific situation which Paul is addressing. Errors such as your are what happens when you fail to properly interpret Scripture and "rightly handle the word of truth."

You go with Fauci and government, you need them. My Lord's kingdom is not of this world, I am simply in the world not of it. You need your pseudo medicine because you are pseudo. It's like Beelzebub casting out demons, lol! They always come back, you are simply appeased for a time and then are sick again.
For me, "Ain't nothing like the real thing baby, ain't nothing like the real thing".:halo
Personal attacks are for those who have no actual argument or substance to their beliefs.

I actually know quite a bit about all that. I have made that very clear on many occasions.
Hard to see why you'd be denying it, then. I get that you don't agree with the results of medical and scientific studies of the vaccine. And you're venting with insults and personal attacks. It's not working for you. Once you learn how mRNA actually works, it will become clear to you that mRNA cannot alter the genome of human cells.

It's not debatable; it's just how the molecule works. Go read the link that describes how it actually works. And then maybe it will be more clear for you.

No point in denial.

BMJ

Effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines on covid-19 related symptoms, hospital admissions, and mortality in older adults in England: test negative case-control study

Conclusion:

Vaccination with either one dose of BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1-S was associated with a significant reduction in symptomatic covid-19 in older adults, and with further protection against severe disease. Both vaccines showed similar effects. Protection was maintained for the duration of follow-up (>6 weeks). A second dose of BNT162b2 was associated with further protection against symptomatic disease. A clear effect of the vaccines against the B.1.1.7 variant was found.

JCI Insight

Abstract

Roughly 1 year after the first case of COVID-19 was identified and less than 1 year after the sequencing of SARS-CoV-2, multiple SARS-CoV-2 vaccines with demonstrated safety and efficacy in phase III clinical trials are available. The most promising vaccines have targeted the surface glycoprotein (S-protein) of SARS-CoV-2 and achieved an approximate 85%-95% reduction in the risk of symptomatic COVID-19, while retaining excellent safety profiles and modest side effects in the phase III clinical trials. The mRNA, replication-incompetent viral vector, and protein subunit vaccine technologies have all been successfully employed. Some novel SARS-CoV-2 variants evade but do not appear to fully overcome the potent immunity induced by these vaccines. Emerging real-world effectiveness data add evidence for protection from severe COVID-19. This is an impressive first demonstration of the effectiveness of the mRNA vaccine and vector vaccine platforms.

You have been duped because you take medical advice from anti-vaxxer propaganda, instead of the medical and scientific literature.
And this still does not change the fact that people in the same field of science disagree with this. They are blocked not because they are wrong but because they are feared. They expose the Big Pharma Lie.

No point in denial.

BMJ

Conclusion:

JCI Insight

Abstract

You have been duped because you take medical advice from politicians and TV shows.

Are you saying the "Covid Vaccine" makes people immune from Covid 19?

JLB

I wouldn't bother. You aren't going to find any of those types on here. What you will find are those that relay information and do absolutely no work of their own. After my own recent experiment in a planned conversation to do with cell towers, I can tell you that it's always about narrative, narrative, narrative. It's religion, plain and simple.
Says the pot to the kettle. This is such a nonsense argument--that those with whom one disagrees are the ones who simply "relay information and do absolutely no work of their own." And what makes it worse here, is that the person you are disparaging actually is credentialed and has experience. Try adding something of a value to a thread for once instead of just insulting people.

And this still does not change the fact that people in the same field of science disagree with this. They are blocked not because they are wrong but because they are feared. They expose the Big Pharma Lie.
They are blocked because they are wrong and people have died from believing vaccine and COVID misinformation, much of which is being pushed in this thread and in these forums by a vocal few (interesting how it mirrors real life).

I have two degrees in the field, and operated an allergy/immunology unit for the AF. Your credentials?

Yeah this is what I mean.
So nothing, then? If you don't understand it, what makes you think the stories they are telling you are right?

"Your people" are saying something so you are backing them up
They are, as you see, scientists and physicians. And they present data to back up what they say. I find that credible.

Did you believe what scientists said about oil wells and their limited/finite capacity until they figured out it wasn't true?
Show us that. I guess it's true that oil wells do eventually play out. That's why they shut them down and move on. You didn't know that? Doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. Oilmen in Texas realized that early on.

Did you believe the mainstream scientists when they were being paid to support oil companies by combating information coming out on how damaging leaded gas was?
It was scientists who first raised concerns about leaded gas. You didn't know that?

I don't buy the postmodern notion that truth is whatever you want to make it be. Sorry.

Hence why I asked if you supported the definition change on what a vaccine was in order for it to fit what the narrative demanded.
When I started studying immunology in the 1970s, the definition was the same as it is now. I guess you probably wouldn't know that.

I am not here to convince YOU of anything
I probably won't convince you, regardless of the evidence. But you still serve a useful purpose here; other people read these exchanges and consider the issues.

Otherwise, it's the science that matters.
As if that matters.
So far, it works better than anything else we can do to understand the natural world.
Still doesn't change the fact that those with even your type credentials have an opposing view.
Just a tiny minority of them.
Your point?
The consensus of people who actually know what they are talking about, matters.
It doesn't change the fact that very educated people in your field disagree with you as does the Christian faith.
So far, God hasn't weighed in on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. It's a bad idea, attempting to put words in God's mouth.

(data from numerous studies showing the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines)
And this still does not change the fact that people in the same field of science disagree with this.
Opinions are cheap, especially, when it's from a tiny minority of people, and the data contradict their claims.
They are blocked not because they are wrong but because they are feared.
They publish their opinions, they are being touted on many websites that block data showing that the vaccines are effective. So that story won't fly, either.

There are quite a few of them now. All of them produce some immunity. Most are very good.
Yep. That's what these do. The mRNA vaccines, for example, do very well at preventing infection and do extremely well at preventing hospitalization and death. Would you like me to post the evidence for that, again? I understand these facts, because I read the medical and scientific literature that post the data for them.
Are you saying the "Covid Vaccine" makes people immune from Covid 19?
That's what the data say. The rates of death and hospitalization are much higher for unvaccinated people. No way to dodge that fact.

Then your faith is mistaken. How about the man born blind? Jesus makes it very clear that it wasn't based on his or his parents' sinning. That is, it was not at all judgement; it was to display "the works of God" (John 9:1-3). Even Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach (1 Tim 5:23). Interesting that he didn't mention it was judgement from God. Or what about Epaphroditus who almost died from his illness (Phil 2:26-27)? No mention about judgement there either. And the same goes for Trophimus who was ill (2 Tim 4:20).
My faith is not mistaken at all. His blindness was a judgement on the Pharisees. His blindness may not have been a judgment on his parent's particular sin or because of his particular sin that doesn't mean it wasn't because of sin. Are you saying Christ is saying this blind man had NO SIN or is He saying- it is not because of any sin of his or his parents that he was born blind?
Him being born blind is an answer concerning the sin of others. If that is not true then no need to display God's work, right? Point is, all illness and death entered the world by way of one man's sin- Adam and his wife. Say what you want, that man who Christ healed did have some sort of sin. It may not have contributed to his blindness as Christ said but he had sin like everyone else never-the -less. Scripture is clear, Christ is the only one born without sin-
1 John 3:5
You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

His blindness was an example to the spiritually blind.

Free, all you have manage to do is misinterpret scripture. But I want to thank you because with your attempt at putting scripture against scripture as though they will implode, you prove my point. There is healing in Christ. You put an account of one who had to be saved from physical blindness against my belief in Christ's healing power as if I misapply my faith in devotion to my Good Physician?

Once that blind man was healed and received Christ, if He stayed in the faith, all the following blessing which accompany Christians would be evident. You put a blind man's sight against my sight? I am not spiritually blind. That blind man's sight did, however, reveal your spiritual blindness. If you were truly free you would have never put scripture against scripture as though Christ is contradicting Himself. It was because of some sort of sin, if not his then as a witness against others, which includes you.

What you fail to see, I never said a process to perfection does not mean bumps in the road. My point is, the examples in our Christian doctrine will eventual be complete. I say this due to the hour in history we are in. The culmination of all that was taught is the crowning of the end time Elect. The fullness of the gentile is complete. The sealing of the remnant among the 12 Tribes is just about done. The house is just about full. The blessings and the fullness are for God's people called Israel. You put forth a process unfolding, I put forth the end goal. My faith is never mistaken.

(data from numerous studies showing the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines)

Opinions are cheap, especially, when it's from a tiny minority of people, and the data contradict their claims.

They publish their opinions, they are being touted on many websites that block data showing that the vaccines are effective. So that story won't fly, either.
A tiny minority is always against a majority. Whether it is Christ and His followers, abolishing slavery, stopping Eugenics, stopping abortion, the minority are the impacting factor against hate and murder. If not for the few, God would have none. If not for the minority no change in the mind of the majority. You are right, opinions are cheap. The "especially", historically, is among the majority for sure. Hence, world wars, nations overpowering weaker nations and peoples, Eugenics, abortion, race baiting and division, slavery etc.... It is always the majority who are involved in hurting others, the others are always the minority. So, your point? The minority yes, always contradicts the claims of the ruling majority. That is the nature of the humane people, Barbarian.

You've been misled about that. The vaccines used for COVID-19 have many of the same (fortunately mild or rare) reactions that other vaccines do. In the 70s, the flu shots used in military vaccinations had many of the same kinds of reports as we have with the COVID-19 vaccines.
You've been misled about that, too. There was, for example, a relatively high rate of Guillain-Barre cases associated with influenza vaccines. Still very rare, a dangerous consequence:
The background rate for GBS in the Unites States is about 80 to 160 cases of GBS each week, regardless of vaccination. The data on the association between GBS and seasonal flu vaccination are variable and inconsistent across flu seasons. If there is an increased risk of GBS following flu vaccination it is small, on the order of one to two additional GBS cases per million doses of flu vaccine administered.

That's already settled...

They produce immunity by inducing the cell's ribosomes to produce spike proteins. The body's B lymphocytes then produce antibodies against spike proteins. Should COVID-19 virus then enter the body, the antibodies recognize the proteins and attack the viruses. This is why the hospitalization and death rates for unvaccinated people are so much higher than for vaccinated people. Should we show that again?

Rates of COVID-19 cases were lowest among fully vaccinated persons with a booster dose, compared with fully vaccinated persons without a booster dose, and much lower than rates among unvaccinated persons during October–November (25.0, 87.7, and 347.8 per 100,000 population, respectively) and December 2021 (148.6, 254.8, and 725.6 per 100,000 population, respectively) (Table 2). Similar trends were noted for differences in the mortality rates among these three groups (0.1, 0.6, and 7.8 per 100,000 population, respectively) during October–November. Age-standardized case IRRs among unvaccinated persons compared with fully vaccinated persons with a booster dose declined from 13.9 during October–November to 4.9 during December, representing potential decreases in crude VE for infection from 93% to 80%, respectively. Comparing unvaccinated persons with fully vaccinated persons without a booster dose, age-standardized case IRRs during October–November and December were 4.0 and 2.8 respectively, representing decreases in VE from 75% to 64%. During October–November, age-standardized IRRs for deaths among unvaccinated persons were 53.2 compared with those in fully vaccinated persons with a booster dose and 12.7 compared with persons without a booster dose; these results represented crude VE against death of 98% and 92%, respectively. Protection improved among persons who received a booster dose compared with not receiving a booster, regardless of primary series vaccine product type. Booster doses provided the largest gains in protection among persons aged ≥65 years followed by persons aged 50–64 years when compared with those aged 18–49 years.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

From the UK:
Unvaccinated people accounted for a higher proportion of patients admitted to critical care with confirmed COVID-19 than of the population aged over 18 years. The proportion of critical care patients with confirmed COVID-19 who are unvaccinated has fallen from nearly three-quarters (74%) in May 2021 to just over a quarter (27%) in February 2022. However, this is a result of more people becoming vaccinated. Unvaccinated people have consistently accounted for a higher proportion of critical care patients than in the general population. This was 3 times higher in February 2022 and peaked at almost 7 times higher in December 2021.

The vaccine is very good at preventing infection, and it's extraordinarily good at preventing serious illness or death.
You are misled about that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back