Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Creationist vs evolutionist, whos the fool?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
cubedbee said:
Blue, bearing false witness is a sin, and you constantly do it. You need to stop making untrue claims. Evolution is accepted as science by 99% of the world.
99%? now who's lying? you have to define terms;
1) what is evolution?
2) 99% of whom?
3) 'the world' or do you mean a more narrow subgroup?

using "scientists against darwinism" as keywords I came up with 71,600 hits, like so:
http://www.google.com/search?q=scientis ... S:official

one of which was this:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/ ... tists.html
which lists many scientists that don't believe in darwinism &/or evolution

It was not held by pagans. And not all religions other than Christianity come from Babylon. You make these false claims over and over again, but you can not substantiate them. Defend your faith and your beliefs all you want--but quit spreading falsehoods.
by definition, you are a pagan, see below:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... fine:tongueagan
so, by definition, pagans do believe in evolution, no?

99%? now who's lying?

It's not that high, but...http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/sci_relig.htm

using "scientists against darwinism" as keywords I came up with 71,600 hits, like so:
http://www.google.com/search?q=scientis ... S:official

Your point?

which lists many scientists that don't believe in darwinism &/or evolution

Most of the scientists listed were not alive once evolutionary theory had been established and been around long enough to gain conclusive support, and some of them were already dead by the time Darwin publised "The Originn of Species."

by definition, you are a pagan, see below:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... fine:tongueagan
so, by definition, pagans do believe in evolution, no?

They were not referring to the definition of paganism meaning heathen or non-Christian, but to the religious form usually characterized by polytheistic beliefs.

Here's project Steve, a far more accurate distribution of modern scientists.
http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articl ... 6_2003.asp

Faq.
There are 500 scientists, who have signed up since the death of Stephen J Gould. They are all named steve so statistically there are 50000 scientists who support evolution and that is a huge chunk of the scientific community in the united states.
This must of course be taken with a grain of salt, because this has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not evolution is true or false. Any more than rhino's useless link to "antievolution scientists"

rhino4X4 said:
B said:
Well said Thinkerman.

A lot of theists seem to also think that there is no basis for morality outside of their god.

Untrue. Common sense serves perfectly well.
untrue, common sense didn't stop the Germans from being immoral during the Nazi-era, common sense didn't stop the death of millions at the hands of Lenin & Stalin while they tried to form the 'new' man. if man is the measure of all things, then every man is a god, they make the rulles, that suit them, ask Charley Manson

Ahh, I've finally found the quote:

"Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."

You have to realise that hitlers lord or God was not ours. You see hitler had the spirit of the anti christ on him therefore a spirit of hatred and satan when hitler says the lords work his lord is lucifer his creator is satan.

Evolution is accepted as science by 99% of the world.
How long ago was it where scietists thought fish were vegtables? how long ago was it that scientists named negros an inferior race? How long ago was it that doctors started yanking out tonsils because they thought we didnt need them? how long ago was it that scientists made complete fools of themselves? the people on this earth tend to be so easilly fooled.

goliwog man said:
You have to realise that hitlers lord or God was not ours. You see hitler had the spirit of the anti christ on him therefore a spirit of hatred and satan when hitler says the lords work his lord is lucifer his creator is satan.

He did specify the Creator. So...yes, if you view God as a creator, then he thinks he is doing God's work.

Evolution is accepted as science by 99% of the world.

How long ago was it where scietists thought fish were vegtables? how long ago was it that scientists named negros an inferior race? How long ago was it that doctors started yanking out tonsils because they thought we didnt need them? how long ago was it that scientists made complete fools of themselves? the people on this earth tend to be so easilly fooled.

Uhm....what?

keebs said:
Ahh, I've finally found the quote:

keebs, use your browser & check if Adolf was really a Christian or if he made up his own 'Aryan' god? There's plenty of proof that Adolf was into the occult, & other mixed up things. My comment wasn't about him, but about the millions of plain common Germans, that fell for his ideas, lies, etc... this from a man, that did not even fulfill his own 'Aryan' standards, I don't know how bad the color or black & white photos & newsreels were back then, but it sure looks like Adolf was not blond or blue-eyed, looks more brunet & brown-eyed, heck he could pass off for some of the many mixed-raced people that I've known, including relatives, yuck

It's more than just the overwhelming majority of scientists who accept evolution.

Most of the world's Christians accept that evolution is consistent with God's creation.

Just over half are Roman Catholics, for whom evolution is entirely consistent with creation. Eastern Orthodox churches also accept this, as do Anglicans, and most Protestant denominations.

So Christians and science are in agreement on this point. The dissenters are few in Christendom; they are a miniority even in America.

keebs, use your browser & check if Adolf was really a Christian or if he made up his own 'Aryan' god? There's plenty of proof that Adolf was into the occult, & other mixed up things. My comment wasn't about him, but about the millions of plain common Germans, that fell for his ideas, lies, etc... this from a man, that did not even fulfill his own 'Aryan' standards, I don't know how bad the color or black & white photos & newsreels were back then, but it sure looks like Adolf was not blond or blue-eyed, looks more brunet & brown-eyed, heck he could pass off for some of the many mixed-raced people that I've known, including relatives, yuck

Hitler still believed in the Christian God, and so did his German followers. Just because he had different ideas doesn't change the fact that they were committing the crimes in the name of YOUR LORD. Go ahead, read Mein Kampf yourself...you'll see.

keebs said:
....Go ahead, read Mein Kampf yourself...you'll see.

Gary: I doubt you have actually read Mein Kampf yourself! Muslims and atheists often act the same. They even use each other's material.

Muslim polemicists think they can malign Christanity / the Bible, or otherwise score some points in a debate, by claiming that Hitler was a Christian, trying to make all Christians guilty by association.

Below are some articles that respond to these tasteless charges:

Muslims are not the only ones to use this line. Here are some responses to atheists and others doing the same:

Source: http://www.answering-islam.org/Index/index.html

Now IF you had studied anything at all about Hitler, you MAY have read that he was greatly influenced by an ATHEIST called Friedrich Nietzsche. Ever read any of his rubbish? Hitler did..... and we have seen the results of that! Hitler got his anti-semitism from Nietzsche.

:bday: :bday: :bday: <--- three-hatter for Nietzsche, the Jew-hater

keebs said:

Hitler still believed in the Christian God, and so did his German followers. Just because he had different ideas doesn't change the fact that they were committing the crimes in the name of YOUR LORD. Go ahead, read Mein Kampf yourself...you'll see.

He frequently tried to gain support from the Vatican as well.

Gary: I doubt you have actually read Mein Kampf yourself! Muslims and atheists often act the same. They even use each other's material.

Actually I wrote a 15 page paper on Mein Kampf for my sociology class.

Muslim polemicists think they can malign Christanity / the Bible, or otherwise score some points in a debate, by claiming that Hitler was a Christian, trying to make all Christians guilty by association.

My point was not to make all Christians feel guilty by association, but to show that Hitler is not an example of atheistic morals, because Hitler felt he was doing to work of the lord.

Now IF you had studied anything at all about Hitler, you MAY have read that he was greatly influenced by an ATHEIST called Friedrich Nietzsche. Ever read any of his rubbish? Hitler did..... and we have seen the results of that! Hitler got his anti-semitism from Nietzsche.

No, Hitler may have studied Nietzsche's philosophy but he did not get his anti-semitism from him. Hitler developed anti-semite views from his strict Austrian Catholic upbringing and from the politicians of the time, such as Lueger. That's right, alot of his hate came from his CATHOLIC upbringing. I don't know if you know it or not, but back when Hitler was a kid the Austrian Catholic church was extremely anti-semitic. And, on a side note...not ALL of Nietzsche's philosophies are bad...I'm quite fond of Nietzsche's contributions to existentialism.

Hitler's anti-semiticism

http://www.h-net.org/~german/gtext/kais ... index.html

Adolf Hitler's First Antisemitic Writing
September 16, 1919
http://www.h-net.org/~german/gtext/kais ... tler2.html

It is all about RACE.... like Nietzsche.

Hitler said:
The danger posed by Jewry for our people today finds expression in the undeniable aversion of wide sections of our people. The cause of this aversion is not to be found in a clear recognition of the consciously or unconsciously systematic and pernicious effect of the Jews as a totality upon our nation. Rather, it arises mostly from personal contact and from the personal impression which the individual Jew leaves--almost always an unfavorable one. For this reason, antisemitism is too easily characterized as a mere emotional phenomenon. And yet this is incorrect. Antisemitism as a political movement may not and cannot be defined by emotional impulses, but by recognition of the facts. The facts are these: First, Jewry is absolutely a race and not a religious association. Even the Jews never designate themselves as Jewish Germans, Jewish Poles, or Jewish Americans but always as German, Polish, or American Jews. Jews have never yet adopted much more than the language of the foreign nations among whom they live. A German who is forced to make use of the French language in France, Italian in Italy, Chinese in China does not thereby become a Frenchman, Italian, or Chinaman. It's the same with the Jew who lives among us and is forced to make use of the German language. He does not thereby become a German. Neither does the Mosaic faith, so important for the survival of this race, settle the question of whether someone is a Jew or non-Jew. There is scarcely a race whose members belong exclusively to just one definite religion.

Read the rest.... Adolf Hitler's First Antisemitic Writing

P.S. Do you think Hitler and Nietzsche were evolutionists, especially w.r.t. race?

:o

I wonder if Godwin's law should be invoked here.

And really, Hilter would have said he was a purple bunnyist if most of Germany was, and if it would have suited his agenda.

It is all about RACE.... like Nietzsche.

I don't seem to recall Nietzsche anywhere in that first writing. You can't just associate an idea like that and claim causation...the fact is is that Hitler's anti-semitism was mainly a factor of politics and the Catholic church.

P.S. Do you think Hitler and Nietzsche were evolutionists, especially w.r.t. race?

They weren't evolutionists, but Hitler applied an idea called eugenics which was influenced by a STRAWMAN theory of evolution.

wow i cant believe that this topic is still around lol I think i have to much time on my hands..... anyway

[quote='kolbe"]They weren't evolutionists, but Hitler applied an idea called eugenics which was influenced by a STRAWMAN theory of evolution.[/quote]

hitler believe evolution he just used a theory or two as an excuse very similar to the kkk movement who perverted the bible to make it seem to say that blacks werent welcome. In which case its the sinner thats to blame not the source. In this case hitler was the fool

My point was not to make all Christians feel guilty by association, but to show that Hitler is not an example of atheistic morals, because Hitler felt he was doing to work of the lord.

Now this time hitler used God as an excuse pretty much he used anything that favoured what he wanted to do. You see hitler acted on a very commen fault in mankind stupidity..... its very effective

Now this time hitler used God as an excuse pretty much he used anything that favoured what he wanted to do.

I definately agree with you here, but I'd also venture to say that it certainly appears that the god of the Old Testament was just an excuse for the Israelites to kill, conquer, rape, and enslave.

keebs,

I don't seem to recall Nietzsche anywhere in that first writing. You can't just associate an idea like that and claim causation...the fact is is that Hitler's anti-semitism was mainly a factor of politics and the Catholic church.

Hitler's anti-semitism had little to do with Christianity.

They weren't evolutionists, but Hitler applied an idea called eugenics which was influenced by a STRAWMAN theory of evolution.

And where is the straw man in believing that one race was superior to the rest? Isn't that one of the foundations of the ToE? If you don't have some advantage, something that makes you superior or stronger, then you will not survive...

Back