Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Death Before Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My point is that to God evryone is small what makes anyone think there anything more?

Anything more than what? God? Why would I want to limit myself to a being that I have no proof exists?

goliwog man said:
My point is that to God evryone is small what makes anyone think there anything more?

You don't understand goliwog, not everyone believes in God. So, it doesn't matter what perspective God has on everyone, as I don't believe he exists.

couldnt agree more but what about accounts from people who wer there eye witness is evidence.

eye witness evidence is good for corroboration of events that have transpired. It is not however, good for specific events, because each person has their own little quirks added into the accounts to change them. Add a few thousand years and multiple tranlations and voila, you have a myth.

The Gospel accounts are not even eye witness accounts, as they were written 30 to 120 years after Jesus died, by people who did not know him (with the possible exception of paul).

Its something thats just not going to happen Satans not a christian but he knows God is real.

I don't see your point...

Anything more than what? God?
No I meant no one should think that there anything more then a grain of sand compared to God.

But ye shall not do so but he that is greatest let him be as the younger and he that is chief as he that doth serve Luke 22v26

Or little children
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

In other words were all like a grain of sand so don’t get ya hopes up for an I Q higher then Gods. That’s all I was trying to say.

You don't understand goliwog, not everyone believes in God. So, it doesn't matter what perspective God has on everyone, as I don't believe he exists.

If you don’t believe he exists cant and wont make sense to you

The Lord bringeth the counsil of the wicked to nought; he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. Psalm33v10

So if God gives you his word you cant accept it because you don’t have the foundations of Christ in you, you cant comprehend it. Just imagine trying to build a house on top of a train track. It just isn’t gunna happen. Before you can understand this you must first understand the basics and foundation.

You don’t believe in God but at the same time you cant say he doesn’t exists. Even Satan knows that there is such thing as God and he believes there is a God. There is a difference from believing in God to believing there is A God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to him that believe on his name. John 1v12

You see because you don’t believe your not a Son Of God. And because your not a son of God he doesn’t exist to you. You cant get the point of God perspective until you receive him and you cant receive him till you get the foundations right. And you cant get the foundations right until you pull out all of the hefty stones and rocks and Deabre out of the way and that’s what I’m trying to do. To come to God you have to die and dieng hurts. So in a way I’m trying to kill you and know it.

goliwog man said:
Anything more than what? God?
No I meant no one should think that there anything more then a grain of sand compared to God.

Why?

Or little children
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

In other words were all like a grain of sand so don’t get ya hopes up for an I Q higher then Gods. That’s all I was trying to say.

That's an odd thing to say. If God exists, I would hope my IQ isn't higher than his.

If you don’t believe he exists cant and wont make sense to you

Even God has limitations.

So if God gives you his word you cant accept it because you don’t have the foundations of Christ in you, you cant comprehend it. Just imagine trying to build a house on top of a train track. It just isn’t gunna happen. Before you can understand this you must first understand the basics and foundation.

Goliwog, you say the first step to accepting Christ is to have faith in him. How can I have faith in him, when I don't see any need for him or any evidence in his existence.

You don’t believe in God but at the same time you cant say he doesn’t exists. Even Satan knows that there is such thing as God and he believes there is a God. There is a difference from believing in God to believing there is A God.

Yes I can. My lack of faith is a statement that i don't believe he exists. That isn't an absolute statement. It's a statement of lack of belief.

You see because you don’t believe your not a Son Of God. And because your not a son of God he doesn’t exist to you. You cant get the point of God perspective until you receive him and you cant receive him till you get the foundations right. And you cant get the foundations right until you pull out all of the hefty stones and rocks and Deabre out of the way and that’s what I’m trying to do. To come to God you have to die and dieng hurts. So in a way I’m trying to kill you and know it.

What....are....you...talking....about.

Hefty stones?? rocks??? debris????

That's an odd thing to say. If God exists, I would hope my IQ isn't higher than his.

Hahah I'd want a higher IQ than God...have you seen how innefficient the universe and it's processes are? One could only hope to be above mental retardation...

keebs said:

Hahah I'd want a higher IQ than God...have you seen how innefficient the universe and it's processes are? One could only hope to be above mental retardation...

Hehehe, good point. However:

YOU STUPID HEATHEN, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SIN!!!!!???????!!!!111

:-D

Lock the thread. Keep it on topic and avoid breaking the rules.

Goliwog, you say the first step to accepting Christ is to have faith in him. How can I have faith in him, when I don't see any need for him or any evidence in his existence.

Faith is believing without seeing.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. heb11v1 You already have faith and you dont no it (maybe not in God but in other things) Eg if the televison book says the footies gunna come on at 8:30 your not going to ring up the station to see if its true youd trust the tv book (and if it were the penrith panthers you should tape it.... Go you mighty panthers.....) back to the subject....

I have a question for ya keebs. If God isnt the creator what are you fighting? how can you attempt to tear down something you dont believe exists? If he doesnt exist your pulling random punches in the air in front of a bunch of happy people? Now doesnt that make sense... :roll:

What....are....you...talking....about.
I'm talking about foundations. If the foundations of your beliefs are week they will crumble. A house built on a bad foundation wont stand. Before you will find God believable you have to have the foundations. A starter is gen 1v1

I have a question for ya keebs. If God isnt the creator what are you fighting? how can you attempt to tear down something you dont believe exists? If he doesnt exist your pulling random punches in the air in front of a bunch of happy people? Now doesnt that make sense... icon_rolleyes.gif

I was speaking hypothetically...I assume you know what that means?

Biased-- Both organizations are anti-evolution

Innaccurate-- Both articles discusses Darwinistic and pre-Darwinistic theories of evolution. Biology currently uses neo-Darwinism. The reason Darwinistic and pre-Darwinistic theories of evolution are not used is because they are not complete theories, while neo-Darwinism is.

goliwog man said:
Faith is believing without seeing.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. heb11v1 You already have faith and you dont no it (maybe not in God but in other things) Eg if the televison book says the footies gunna come on at 8:30 your not going to ring up the station to see if its true youd trust the tv book (and if it were the penrith panthers you should tape it.... Go you mighty panthers.....) back to the subject....

Um...that's not religious faith. You intermingle the different meanings of faith as if they are one.

My faith that the footies will come on at 8:30 is the confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, being, idea, or thing. What this means is, that I accept that there is a possibility that footies will not come on at 8:00, but I trust what they say, based on evidence, reason, and logic.

Your faith in God, is religious faith. That is a belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. Your faith and belief in God is subjective. So, please, don't go intermingling the definitions of faith like that.

I'm talking about foundations. If the foundations of your beliefs are week they will crumble. A house built on a bad foundation wont stand. Before you will find God believable you have to have the foundations. A starter is gen 1v1

My beliefs are not weak, nor are the foundations of them. Gen1v1 starts with "In the beginning God..."

What does this mean? Who is God? What is God?

How do you know your religion is right?

Is there any evidence for God existing? Is there any logical proof that an almighty being could exist, any reason to it?

Chupacabra said:
Because it is a living baby that is devoping in it's mothers
womb makes it a person,no matter how tiny. Why do miscarriages
occur? Why do people die everyday in the world? Death happens.
Be sure you know what happens after this one life,because the soul
doesn't die.

The point was, if death is the antecedent of sin, then how could a zygote that did not sin nor was directly killed die?

:biggrin That seems like a ding-bat question,but if you did not know
this already,remind yourself over and over to remember this:
death came into the world through sin. Also,a zygote is not what the
bible calls the tiny human seeds at all. Sin caused death to enter into
the world,and we are all born with original sin because of it.
Why does the rain fall on the good and the bad?
Because God says it does,and thats the way it is.
Your psychologist can't help you,your liberal teachers,friends and text
books cannot help you. It's time you faced the truth and stop running!
Your worst fears will come true if you continue in your folly.

blueeyeliner said:
That seems like a ding-bat question,but if you did not know
death came into the world through sin.

That's not what she asked, why are you being so insulting to everyone?

Also,a zygote is not what the bible calls the tiny human seeds at all.

Do you know what a zygote is?

The Tuatha'an said:
My beliefs are not weak, nor are the foundations of them. Gen1v1 starts with "In the beginning God..."

What does this mean? Who is God? What is God?

How do you know your religion is right?

Is there any evidence for God existing? Is there any logical proof that an almighty being could exist, any reason to it?

8-) Of course there is evidence that God exists. If not,how could so
many people believe in him. God is a 7 fold spirit.
In the beginning everything was made by God. In our human beginning
God is where we all came from.
Not only are you beliefs weak,but they are fables told by mere men who
add and take away from it at whim.
God made all the living. You have a free will because God gave it to you.
You can choose to listen to God or you can reject him. Your choice.
God is the Father of us all,yet when you reject God,you have become the
child of the devil whether or not you believe in either one.
The life is not all about you or what you want. Too bad,but we all must
get passed ourselves or remain ignorant. God is the very beginning and
the very end. Evolution is a religion that is ancient.The only way to know
the truth about God is to seek him and find out. No religion will ever help
you. You have to really want to find God and know him. You cannot demand or ask him to show you he is real. You need to have a humble
attitude.

Of course there is evidence that God exists. If not,how could so
many people believe in him.

You're contradicting yourself. If evidence causes popular belief, as your statement claims, then there is proof for evolution, and proof that God doesn't exist.

The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
That seems like a ding-bat question,but if you did not know
death came into the world through sin.

That's not what she asked, why are you being so insulting to everyone?

Also,a zygote is not what the bible calls the tiny human seeds at all.

Do you know what a zygote is?

8-) Why must you always ask the same things? As if you didn't already
know? In your quest to put down God and his word,you have been more
than insulting to anyone who doesn't accept what you say.
I should know what that word is suppose to mean given all the books I
read on the subject,but why don't you try and explain?

keebs said:
Of course there is evidence that God exists. If not,how could so
many people believe in him.

You're contradicting yourself. If evidence causes popular belief, as your statement claims, then there is proof for evolution, and proof that God doesn't exist.

:smt043 No,it is you who contradicts yourself. The vast majority of
people in the world believe in God. They don't believe in him the same way,but they believe in God none the less. This is a big reason why we
have been having so many wars,and why some people call them "Holy
wars". Most people believe in God. The majority will always believe in
God. The problem comes from the false views about God,not about
whether God is real or not. Evolution is rising back up in the religions
today,but atheism is not. Satan is not about to give you up,and he is
sure not going to allow you to get away with not worshiping him,thats
why he's got you half way there already with your belief in evolution.
Evolution came from the ancient pagans. satan isn't going to let you go
without a huge fight. In fact,it will be the greatest fight of your life now.
Thats another reason I think it's so odd that you are an atheist slash
evolutionist.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back