Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do miracles happen?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What about the thousands killed? Was that a miracle too? Or an act of God? Or was it just bad luck?
---
Jesus said:
John 10:10The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Simply put: Man can't solve all his problems. At times we rely upon God for our deliverance: MIRACLE

The problem with us (some christians included) is that we are unaware the number of times God performs miracles on our behalf - saving us each second

Good morning Aardverk,

How about this one, and this is an answer to the title of the thread. :) When a man says, 'I was wrong. I'm sorry.' MIRACLE

Thank you Classic of the inspiration of my thought. I would agree with your observation. Trusting in God is a huge miracle, not because God is weak, but because man is so stubborn.

- Davies

Good morning Aardverk,

How about this one, and this is an answer to the title of the thread. :) When a man says, 'I was wrong. I'm sorry.' MIRACLE

- Davies

My goodness, I performed two miracles only yesterday! :lol

Mr. Aardverk, Are you looking for proof for God or are you just curious? I'm just wondering! Anyways, to answer your original question are there miracles? I know what you mean - you wan't examples of "solid" miracles and not things that can be excused or explained in other ways and the answer to your question is a resounding "yes". I have been present for numerous spontaneous healings and have experienced some myself. Not cases where we prayed about something like a cold and the person gets better in 7 days and people can say, "Ahh that's no miracle." Let me give you one example of a woman we knew very well who lost hearing in one ear and even had surgury with no success she went forward in a prayer line and the ear was opened immediately and her hearing was completely restored. I could tell of others equally as amazing but I have learned that people who don't want to believe can still choose to not believe - they did it to Jesus. Also it should be noted that the reason we do not see more miracles, like the ones you are referencing, is because most people, groups, denominations, etc., have a lot in common with Jesus' home town where "He could do no mighty work" (Mark 6:5). Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). Glory to God! (p.s. to my brothers and sisters out there who need a miracle - keep believing (Luke 8:50) - everything is possible to him who believes (Mark 9:23).

Mr. Aardverk, Are you looking for proof for God or are you just curious?
My belief in God is pretty settled, I really was only questioning the idea of "miracles" which, like UFO and alien 'sightings' always(?) seem to have a more mundane explanation.

I have been present for numerous spontaneous healings and have experienced some myself.
That is the sort of thing that I was after but well documented by doctors and psychologists. Some 'miracle cures' can be mis-diagnosis, as detailed above, but most are psychosomatic symptoms or a psychogenic disorder of some sort. There are so many well documented cases of psychological causes that we would be foolish to ignore that more likely explanation for 'miracle' cures. The power of the mind is quite amazing.

Mr. Aardvek, I see what you're saying. After reading you're comments I am thinking of two people who had documented tumors / cancer and it was gone after laying on of hands. I am also thinking of a man I consider one of my "fathers in the faith" who has traveled the world ministering who once layed hands on a girl who had one leg shorter than the other and the shorter leg grew out and she was healed. When instances like these are excused for psychosomatic or the power of the mind I think that they indeed do show the power of the mind - the power of an unbelieving mind to deny the hand of an Almighty God. (said respectfull as my observation) Peace

Hi Aardverk,

Kenneth Copeland is the last person we should be listening to.

That Adam was God manifest in the flesh.
“God’s reason for creating Adam was His desire to reproduce Himself. I mean a reproduction of Himself, and in the Garden of Eden He did just that. He was not a little like God. He was not almost like God. He was not subordinate to God even. ... Adam is as much like God as you could get, just the same as Jesus. ... Adam, in the Garden of Eden, was God manifested in the flesh.” (Following the Faith of Abraham I, 1989 audiotape, #01-3001, side 1)

A simple search will tell you what he teaches. As far as I know, the man is a formal heretic. This audio tape was made in 1989, so it's possible he's repented but that would require me to go down the rabbit hole a little farther. At the moment, I'd prefer to talk about how good is God is.

- Davies

In my view, a miracle is a supernatural event: something that is contrary to scientific explanation. For example; a 75-year-old man suffering from cancer that has spread throughout his body, on his deathbed, a moment later is out of bed, cancer free and full of energy.

That would be a miracle.

Miracles, by nature, would have to be extremely rare: almost unheard of.

Can God do a miracle today? Of course. Does God do miracles today? Not nearly as much as is claimed.

Back