Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do the miracles of today match up with those in the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Do the miracles of today match up with those in the Bible? It was a miracle that Jesus gave sight to a blind man, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed a man of leprosy, etc.

But today many consider someone getting cured of a headache or back ache a "miracle".

What constitutes as a miracle, Biblically speaking? Did Jesus or the Apostles go around curing people from headache or something we oten take Tylenol for? To me, a miracle is something that cannot be accomplished within the means of human capability. If I drive down the road and and see a car coming at me head on and I have the capability to make a split second decision and swerve to avoid the accident, is that a miracle as some may claim? Or was it something my human brain can respond to?

How come all of the miracles we see today performed by people are minimal compared to those in the scriptures? I would like to see someone grab some wet mud over a person who was born blind, place his hands over the person's eyes and have them gain eyesight for the first time. Or, someone born without an arm or a leg to miraculously grow one.

Now I do believe God performs miracles and many doctors can testify to patients recovering from certain illnesses where they literally had no chance at suriving but somehow did. I believe God does heal, but does He still use humans to heal and perform miracles? I have a middle ear infection in my left ear that I would like to be healed. If anyone here has the ability to heal my ear miraculously, I will fly or drive there to have it healed. I would love to hear properly out of my left ear. :yes

If someone prays for a person to be healed permanently from serious illnesses and are healed, I believe God is answering the prayers and doing the healing, not the person himself.

The power of positive thinking is a wonderful healing tool from my experience. I would love to see similar miracles as portrayed in the holy book, but the small ones that happen just with the power of prayer seem OK by me. :study

Dave Slayer said:
Do the miracles of today match up with those in the Bible? It was a miracle that Jesus gave sight to a blind man, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed a man of leprosy, etc.

But today many consider someone getting cured of a headache or back ache a "miracle".
You are right. I consider one of the attributes of miracles, is that it gives glory to God. Jesus said the same thing.

What constitutes as a miracle, Biblically speaking? Did Jesus or the Apostles go around curing people from headache or something we oten take Tylenol for? To me, a miracle is something that cannot be accomplished within the means of human capability. If I drive down the road and and see a car coming at me head on and I have the capability to make a split second decision and swerve to avoid the accident, is that a miracle as some may claim? Or was it something my human brain can respond to?
Again, I agree, however, there is nothing wrong with praying to be healed of even the simple things.

How come all of the miracles we see today performed by people are minimal compared to those in the scriptures? I would like to see someone grab some wet mud over a person who was born blind, place his hands over the person's eyes and have them gain eyesight for the first time. Or, someone born without an arm or a leg to miraculously grow one.
Unfortunately, I just don't see any prophet quality Christians (like Elijah) today. Perhaps, it is the way God wants it for now. Even Jesus could not do many miracles at times because of their lack of faith. It is like casting pearls to swine.
In the time nearing the Second coming, they will become more prevalent. It says also the evil side of things will be working wonders also...so Christians will have to be discerning, so we are not mislead.

Now I do believe God performs miracles and many doctors can testify to patients recovering from certain illnesses where they literally had no chance at suriving but somehow did. I believe God does heal, but does He still use humans to heal and perform miracles? I have a middle ear infection in my left ear that I would like to be healed. If anyone here has the ability to heal my ear miraculously, I will fly or drive there to have it healed. I would love to hear properly out of my left ear. :yes
I'd love to help you Dave. All we can do is pray. Something else you should know. When God does pour out His Spirit in such a manner as miracles, there is a great responsibility. (Elijah the prophet, had his ministry turned over to Elisha, just because he ran from one witch name Jezebel.)
If someone prays for a person to be healed permanently from serious illnesses and are healed, I believe God is answering the prayers and doing the healing, not the person himself.
One more thing. That miracle, should be an obvious glory to God.
I think God may resist such things, just because there are too many novices... that don't even have correct understanding of God, or what He expects if He did these miracles.
I'll pray for you anyway. I'll also pray that the Lord will give you a sober spirit to take his ways seriously, as they should be... and as all of us should take them.
If the miracle doesn't happen...may the love of Christ fill your heart, still. Sorry, I'm no Elijah, but I can intercede for you. Blessings. :pray :yes

I have seen plenty of healing. They are fake or the person healed naturally. I watched the videos of that TB what's his name in the is healing real thread, and came a way thinking con man. He holds the kids leg crooked and makes it look shorter than bam it grows. I want to see an amputee grow a leg. I want to see a burn victim healed. Healers are like magicians. They just don't let you know they are faking it.

I'm sure there are shysters out there. This also happens to be a big planet. I wouldn't want to be so presumptuous as to say, certain people have not been healed miraculously.
I will say one thing...with your faith...you may as well not even be on this forum. :lol
You won't find God, by looking for holes to poke in Him. It takes faith to please Him. He definitely is not going to be your friend until you can accept that. I do pray for you though. :tongue

kenmaynard said:
I have seen plenty of healing. They are fake or the person healed naturally. I watched the videos of that TB what's his name in the is healing real thread, and came a way thinking con man. He holds the kids leg crooked and makes it look shorter than bam it grows. I want to see an amputee grow a leg. I want to see a burn victim healed. Healers are like magicians. They just don't let you know they are faking it.

If I remember you correctly, you are the guy that does not believe in the Bible as the Word of God !! ... you are a believer of bits and pieces of any sect that please your senses !!... I remember you saying that Lucifer is the "other" son of God !!!

:screwloose

Tina said:
kenmaynard said:

If I remember you correctly, you are the guy that does not believe in the Bible as the Word of God !! ... you are a believer of bits and pieces of any sect that please your senses !!... I remember you saying that Lucifer is the "other" son of God !!!

:screwloose

But people like Benny Hinn are charlatins. Even non believers can see that he is. But aside from his so called "healing", he has made many false prophecies. If this were Old Testament times, he would be put to death. Anyone who claims to be a prophet and speak for God has to get it right 100%. Not 25%, not 67%, not even 99%, but 100%. One failed prophecy makes one a false prophet. If you do a search on google, many sites have documented Benny Hinn's false prophecies. Some sites even include video and soundbites. I used to watch TBN, so I have heard several of these prophecies come out of Benny Hinn's mouth and they all have failed to come to pass.

Dave Slayer said:
But people like Benny Hinn are charlatins. Even non believers can see that he is. But aside from his so called "healing", he has made many false prophecies. If this were Old Testament times, he would be put to death. Anyone who claims to be a prophet and speak for God has to get it right 100%. Not 25%, not 67%, not even 99%, but 100%. One failed prophecy makes one a false prophet. If you do a search on google, many sites have documented Benny Hinn's false prophecies. Some sites even include video and soundbites. I used to watch TBN, so I have heard several of these prophecies come out of Benny Hinn's mouth and they all have failed to come to pass.

Who's talking about Benny Hinn ? ... Ken was referring to TB Joshua !

But yeah , I agree with what you said about Benny Hinn. He was in my country last year and the megachurch that hosted him came under a lot of fire !

......... :onfire ...... :twopistols ...... :fullauto ............ :screwloose

I thought that Lucifer was a fallen angel and not another son of God. First time I have heard of Satan being called the "son of God". I might have a chat with my Pastor about this one. Oh where I live there is only one church for all denominations, (it is a revival centre) so the Pastor as we call him has to be ecumenical: must be a challenge for him I guess. But he is interesting to talk to and likes interesting topics like those posted here. Anyway if someone can tell me what they think of the statement about Lucifer that gentlemen (or gentlewoman) said, could you enlighten me please. Thanks :biggrin

VenomFangX said:
I thought that Lucifer was a fallen angel and not another son of God. First time I have heard of Satan being called the "son of God". I might have a chat with my Pastor about this one. Oh where I live there is only one church for all denominations, (it is a revival centre) so the Pastor as we call him has to be ecumenical: must be a challenge for him I guess. But he is interesting to talk to and likes interesting topics like those posted here. Anyway if someone can tell me what they think of the statement about Lucifer that gentlemen (or gentlewoman) said, could you enlighten me please. Thanks :biggrin

It was part of a discussion from this thread : MORMONS and what they believe

Dave Slayer said:
Who is TB Joshua? I never heard of him.

He's a pastor from Africa, well-known for healings and miracles, and he also raised many people from the dead. The internet and youtube have many testimonies and details about him.

Tina said:
Dave Slayer said:

There are bad reports about almost every Christian pastor today. Even my own church and pastor is not spared from hate scandals especially from gays. But the fact remains that TB Joshua is still performing healing and miracles.

I should go visit him so I can get my middle ear infection healed. I have had it since I was 14 years old. If I were to be healed, it would be God who is healing me, not TB Joshua.

^

How about Heidi Ministries ... Have you heard of them ?
I heard they have also raised up more than 100 people from the dead !

Actually even in my own church, someone was recently raised from the dead. It was in the news.

Tina said:
^

How about Heidi Ministries ... Have you heard of them ?
I heard they have also raised up more than 100 people from the dead !

Actually even in my own church, someone was recently raised from the dead. It was in the news.

I know some people who have loved ones who they wish were still here with us. Perhaps someone from one of these ministries can come to the graveyard with me and see some of these dead loves ones raised from the grave. Then I can say I saw it happen and not just "I heard it happened."

Dave Slayer said:
I should go visit him so I can get my middle ear infection healed. I have had it since I was 14 years old. If I were to be healed, it would be God who is healing me, not TB Joshua.

You should get a church elder to anoint you with oil and pray healing over you. You've suffered long enough, it's time to activate faith healing !

:amen

Tina said:
Dave Slayer said:

You should get a church elder to anoint you with oil and pray healing over you. You've suffered long enough, it's time to activate faith healing !

:amen

Ya I could try that. But if I am not healed, I will still serve and love God. But what has actually helped me is using nasal wash. For some reason, it helps loosen up the fluid built up behind my ear drum and drains it. This results in clearing up my ear so I can hear. I haven't been using the nasal wash on consistent basis recently, and my ear has closed up. I need to start using it on a regular basis so I can get my ear opened up. The good thing is that I don't feel any pressure in my ear since I began using this treatment. That makes things a whole lot better.

Dave Slayer said:
I know some people who have loved ones who they wish were still here with us. Perhaps someone from one of these ministries can come to the graveyard with me and see some of these dead loves ones raised from the grave. Then I can say I saw it happen and not just "I heard it happened."

Who knows .. maybe God will raise you up to be a transformer ..... :transformer ..... :biglol

.... I mean , resurrecter ...... :salute

:biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back