Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do the miracles of today match up with those in the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dave Slayer said:
Ya I could try that. But if I am not healed, I will still serve and love God. But what has actually helped me is using nasal wash. For some reason, it helps loosen up the fluid built up behind my ear drum and drains it. This results in clearing up my ear so I can hear. I haven't been using the nasal wash on consistent basis recently, and my ear has closed up. I need to start using it on a regular basis so I can get my ear opened up. The good thing is that I don't feel any pressure in my ear since I began using this treatment. That makes things a whole lot better.

Is your condition called "Otitis Media" ?

I have a book titled "Healing the Whole Man" by Joan Hunter. It lists down all kinds of sicknesses and diseases and teaches how to pray. The prayer for "Otitis Media" (infection of the middle ear) goes like this :-

1. Rebuke the fungus or infection in the ear.
2. Command the tubes to open and fluid to flow normally.
3. Pray for the neck to go into proper alignment.
4. Command the blood to flow into the inner ear and remove impurities.
5. Pray repentance for generational curses.
6. Command pain to go, and hearing to return to normal.
7. Command the immune system to work properly.

(All commands done in Jesus' name)

:thumbsup

VenomFangX said:
I thought that Lucifer was a fallen angel and not another son of God. First time I have heard of Satan being called the "son of God". I might have a chat with my Pastor about this one. Oh where I live there is only one church for all denominations, (it is a revival centre) so the Pastor as we call him has to be ecumenical: must be a challenge for him I guess. But he is interesting to talk to and likes interesting topics like those posted here. Anyway if someone can tell me what they think of the statement about Lucifer that gentlemen (or gentlewoman) said, could you enlighten me please. Thanks :biggrin
Just thought I'd mention. If you're going to read the posts, you should pay attention to where the arguments started from. Many of the people that write things aren't Christians at all...in fact I think some of them are dead set against the Gospel. What you read on this site is not necessarily GOOD DOCTRINE. That's why a person goes to a normal church with a good pastor. Many of the views you read will be totally out of line with what scripture or your pastor might teach.
That's why the first premise of Christianity is "study to show yourself approved unto God", cleave to that which is good. A person can get really haywire if you take everything a person says as coming from established truth. I'm sure you are aware of some of this. I'm only saying...watch out for bad theology, especially if you are a new Christian. You would do much better to get your doctrine out of Church.
If you are listening to radio preachers. David Hockings is one of my favorites.
Although he is Jewish. There is nothing Jewish about his Christianity. He is a scholar in Hebrew and Greek. BTW, most scholars barely manage to make it through Greek, much less Hebrew. I really enjoy the knowledge that he speaks from. He is also not an arrogant or puffed up man. I think he is one of the best Bible based scholar, preachers, today.

justvisiting said:
VenomFangX said:
I thought that Lucifer was a fallen angel and not another son of God. First time I have heard of Satan being called the "son of God". I might have a chat with my Pastor about this one. Oh where I live there is only one church for all denominations, (it is a revival centre) so the Pastor as we call him has to be ecumenical: must be a challenge for him I guess. But he is interesting to talk to and likes interesting topics like those posted here. Anyway if someone can tell me what they think of the statement about Lucifer that gentlemen (or gentlewoman) said, could you enlighten me please. Thanks :biggrin
Just thought I'd mention. If you're going to read the posts, you should pay attention to where the arguments started from. Many of the people that write things aren't Christians at all...in fact I think some of them are dead set against the Gospel. What you read on this site is not necessarily GOOD DOCTRINE. That's why a person goes to a normal church with a good pastor. Many of the views you read will be totally out of line with what scripture or your pastor might teach.
That's why the first premise of Christianity is "study to show yourself approved unto God", cleave to that which is good. A person can get really haywire if you take everything a person says as coming from established truth. I'm sure you are aware of some of this. I'm only saying...watch out for bad theology, especially if you are a new Christian. You would do much better to get your doctrine out of Church.
If you are listening to radio preachers. David Hockings is one of my favorites.
Although he is Jewish. There is nothing Jewish about his Christianity. He is a scholar in Hebrew and Greek. BTW, most scholars barely manage to make it through Greek, much less Hebrew. I really enjoy the knowledge that he speaks from. He is also not an arrogant or puffed up man. I think he is one of the best Bible based scholar, preachers, today.
yes justvisting there are some far out believes on this forum, glad i have a home church!, I tell them about some of these way out comments on the basic tenets of the faith.

jason

Getting back to miracles. All miracles that are claimed to be from God, should be proveable and undeniable, that they are miracles. A miracle is to give glory to God. If it is unproveable, it does nothing to give Glory to God. That is my opinion. Nevertheless, we should all pray for our needs, regardless, whether we are "Elijah's" or not. (He is one of my heroes of the faith).
P.S. Absolutely, all miracles of God have to come from the hand of God, not Moses or Elijah...but faith like these men...is what moves the hand of God.
...and positive thinking is not the same as dedicated, holy, knowledgable, perservering, word of knowledge faith. Great men of faith could always communicate with God, even audibly...it takes permission from God...not just desire.

yes justvisting there are some far out believes on this forum, glad i have a home church!, I tell them about some of these way out comments on the basic tenets of the faith.

jason
10-4 Jason

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back