Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do You Believe In Dragons?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pard

Job 41:

“His sneezes flash forth light, And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
“Out of his mouth go burning torches; Sparks of fire leap forth.
“Out of his nostrils smoke goes forth As from a boiling pot and burning rushes.
“His breath kindles coals, And a flame goes forth from his mouth.

Do you believe in dragons? 'cause the Bible is sure talking about a dragon when it describes Leviathan! The Bible translations like to give a footnote that describes a crocodile... but, uh, I have never seen a crocodile that breaths fire, or one that is impervious to weapons, like Leviathan.

So, we are forced to accept one of two options... the Bible is wrong or it is some new form of an analogy... OR the Bible is completely correct and there are dragons!

Now, I believe that there are dragons, yes I do. The Bible says so, so you bet I know so! Before I was a Christian I believed they existed, so it was not hard for me to switch over. In this western world people will think I am a nut job if I say that I believe in dragons. However 400 years ago they would have believed me. In eastern Asia they still believe in the dragon and they would not scoff at me, but they would nod in agreement!

We are trained to think dragons are only from fairy tales, and we are trained to think that dinosaurs (aka, Behemoth) died out a billion years ago, when they clearly lived till at least the time of Job.

:readbible

watchman F said:
I believe there were really dragons, but that they have went extinct.

In Africa there is a creature that lives in the swamps and is so large that when it lays in the stream it creates a damn. The Africans near there believe they still exist today.

If Leviathan lived in the water, perhaps he is still in the water. We have explorered all of like 2% of the water in this world. We know more about the surface of Mars than the things under the surface of the ocean! Not saying that they have to be around still, and knowing man's love for the hunt, I imagine they could have easily died off, but it's something to ponder!

Pard said:
watchman F said:
I believe there were really dragons, but that they have went extinct.

In Africa there is a creature that lives in the swamps and is so large that when it lays in the stream it creates a damn. The Africans near there believe they still exist today.

If Leviathan lived in the water, perhaps he is still in the water. We have explorered all of like 2% of the water in this world. We know more about the surface of Mars than the things under the surface of the ocean! Not saying that they have to be around still, and knowing man's love for the hunt, I imagine they could have easily died off, but it's something to ponder!
It certainly is. I believe there were land and flying dragons as well as sea dragon, but that is just my opinion.

Oats said:
I believe in Dragons...When do you think they we're around

At least they had to be around during Job's time. Perhaps even longer on. Maybe even beyond the time of Jesus. In China the dragons were seen until only a few hundred years ago, and this is why eastern cultures do not view the idea of real dragons as fairy tale, like western culture does. In the west the dragons have probably not been sighted for some time, perhaps a King, much like Arthur, was their killer. :shrug

Surely beasts like dragons and dinosaurs got on board the Ark, for it was commanded by God and Moses did good. I have a video that I can email you, Oats, which is VERY informative on the dinosaurs and such.

Dragons = dinosaurs. The word dinosaur is a relatively new word, i believe it meant "fierce/ terrible lizard" or something like that. Many old cultures have references of dragons...they were talking about dinosaurs, however time has taken the legends and history on a ride of Chinese whisper.

John said:
Dragons = dinosaurs. The word dinosaur is a relatively new word, i believe it meant "fierce/ terrible lizard" or something like that. Many old cultures have references of dragons...they were talking about dinosaurs, however time has taken the legends and history on a ride of Chinese whisper.

well, specifically I think that dragons all seem to share the fire breathing trait. Beyond that, I do agree that a dragon is most probably a dinosaur, and this is why we have never found dragon bones... because they were really just dinosaurs with some hot breath!

As a matter of fact it is not beyond the realm of possibility (and by possibility I mean from a secular viewpoint) that an animal could breathe fire. If you stick a lighter to the butt of a cow you get fire because they produce pure methane... It's not that hard for the methane to go up instead of down (If you don't believe me, take a few fish oil pills...) After that it is a simple matter of lighting the volatile chemical... Ever hear of an eel?

handy said:
Cranman, could it possibly be that you are mocking me? Moi?
i do find it odd that you who is the least prone to conspiracy would accept the dragon

the behomoth as dinosaur feasible, but not the dragon as in dungeons and dragons or the flick ring of fire.
or puff the magic dragon.

or the dragon in the hobbit

jasoncran said:
handy said:
Cranman, could it possibly be that you are mocking me? Moi?
i do find it odd that you who is the least prone to conspiracy would accept the dragon

the behomoth as dinosaur feasible, but not the dragon as in dungeons and dragons or the flick ring of fire.
or puff the magic dragon.

or the dragon in the hobbit

Now, now, don't be dissin Smaug!!!

Considering that dragons appear in the history of just about every culture, and the fact that the Bible not only mentions dragons, but also give a fairly accurate description of them, I think it's safe to say that dragons, of some form or another, existed. Were they dinosaurs and is this a case of a rose by any other name? Possibly. But, if that is the case, it would still mean that dragons existed.

ah you watched the toon or read the book the hobbit by tolkien.

ok all lets look at what the dragon is so that i wont well get a :lol

dimensions of this mythical beast.

now handy let me ask you this given said lore, aliens as in the asgard may also exist as the many a culture that claim that look when they have been visited by them

"i smell a thief!"

Well, aliens....the thing about aliens is that an aliens can be any extraterrestrial being, right?

Wouldn't angels be classified as an extraterrestrial being? And demons, too? Not to mention seraphim and cherubim?

If the Bible mentions them, as the Bible mentions dragons, then I'm open to them!

handy said:
Well, aliens....the thing about aliens is that an aliens can be any extraterrestrial being, right?

Wouldn't angels be classified as an extraterrestrial being? And demons, too? Not to mention seraphim and cherubim?

If the Bible mentions them, as the Bible mentions dragons, then I'm open to them!
the asgard on stargate and also those that are in the movie close encounters of the third kind are seen in alot of western countries.

i dont ascribe to them but since many claim them, why not if we use the same logic

the bible i think describes a type of dinosaur not the fire breathing type.

[youtube:27k951mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOF4YPdYELg&feature=related[/youtube:27k951mw]

Here's some dragons! They're huge, and nasty. Don't get bit by one of these.

:nod

Komodo dragons rock! Big reptiles are always cool!

Aliens, like those on CE3rd, are part of popular culture. I truly think that some demons are cashing in on pop aliens as a way to terrorize people and yet not reveal their true nature. C.S. Lewis has a great thought on that, I'll have to dig it up.

As for dragons, the fire-breathing type, I can see the passage in Job referring to one, I truly can.

Back