Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you hear Gods voice?

Do you hear Gods voice?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read: Statement of Faith ..reba

Last edited by a moderator:
The most important thing is that just before I do find my whatever I loose then, I always have to forgive myself or someone else, that I did something or said something that is not pleasing in his sight, and that I must repent of, before he will direct my attention towards that whatever I have lost.

And that I must make sure that I have asked just him/Jesus our Lord, but not anyone else, just making sure that it is the wright contact, for that direction to find whatever I have lost, because the devil is very cunning to deceive.

Just try to make sure that it is your savior/Jesus at all times.

Proverbs 3:6, Proverbs 3
Actually you can get the same effect by simply not trying to remember where your car keys are, and I'll promise you you'll find them in half the time it takes you to go on a god trip.

The most important thing is that just before I do find my whatever I loose then, I always have to forgive myself or someone else, that I did something or said something that is not pleasing in his sight, and that I must repent of, before he will direct my attention towards that whatever I have lost.

And that I must make sure that I have asked just him/Jesus our Lord, but not anyone else, just making sure that it is the wright contact, for that direction to find whatever I have lost, because the devil is very cunning to deceive.

Just try to make sure that it is your savior/Jesus at all times.

Proverbs 3:6, Proverbs 3

Also I found, as I would go on that I must continue in The Words of Jesus, so I would know for myself but having his protection along the way of life, seeking, knocking, etc. Luke 11:9, Luke 11.
If you would continue in the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, you shall know the truth and that truth shall make you free. John 8:31, 32.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8:31-32
And that If the Lord is your Shepherd, you shall not want to do anything that is not wellpleasing in his sight. Psalm 23:1, Psalm 23

It's not easy, not, it's not natural.
Yet, The yoke of The Lord is easy, that is! if, your personal cares are on the Lord:
Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light. http://biblehub.com/matthew/11-30.htm

I Pet. 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. http://biblehub.com/1_peter/5-7.htm

If you would abide in him, and his words is within your life, you shall ask anything according his will, then he will grant that to you. John 15:7, 8. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15:7-8

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 1 John 5:14

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:21

Last edited:
Many christians claim that they hear Gods voice, so my question is this

"Does the voice you hear ever tell you information that is outside your own reasoning process and predictive mental abilities."
Gods voice is in His written word. It is alive and powerful.

And yes, it goes WAYYYYYYYYYYY outside of our own reasoning and predictive mental abilities. Does this go beyond yours or anyone's reasoning?

Every problem in life has a solution stated in the Word of God. And why not? Plenary verbal inspiration of the Scripture establishes the fact that all problems in the human race can be solved by God. So why would He leave us lacking in ANYTHING in His word?

I ask because I'm hoping someone can demonstrate how God might speak to them beyond their own reasoning and predictive capabilities.
This is so I can can have a fair idea what to expect if God ever speaks to me.

He has spoken to you, you just don't realize it yet.

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44

Gods voice is in His written word. It is alive and powerful.

And yes, it goes WAYYYYYYYYYYY outside of our own reasoning and predictive mental abilities. Does this go beyond yours or anyone's reasoning?

Every problem in life has a solution stated in the Word of God. And why not? Plenary verbal inspiration of the Scripture establishes the fact that all problems in the human race can be solved by God. So why would He leave us lacking in ANYTHING in His word?

Not necessarily.

God's Voice is the Rhema spoken word.

The Logos can refer to the Spoken word but can also refer to doctrine.

The written word is not so.

God can make the written word, as Rhema if that is what He is saying to us now.

However the scriptures are not living nor do they impart life.

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. John 5:39-40

Faith comes by hearing God, not from the scriptures.

JLB

Lol, I don't whether to take you serious or not, as many ex-christians have pointed out to me that so many Christians are so desperate to see God acting in their lives they do actually believe God helps them find their car keys, find car spaces and starts their car on a cold winter day.

God leads me everyday in so many ways.

I am desperate for Him and cling to Him as a little child.

He has made a way for me so many times, by warning me and leading me and encouraging me, that I lost count years ago.

He is my Life, my strength, my hope, my closest companion.

He is my everything!

JLB

Not necessarily.

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

JLB
So faith isn't defined for us in His written word?

So faith isn't defined for us in His written word?

The scripture's are good for doctrine, and instruction in righteousness, which includes instruction in the law of faith and how faith comes.

What scripture did these people read that produced faith in them, to carry out the exploits of God in their generation?

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise;
10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude--innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.
15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.
16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 of whom it was said, "In Isaac your seed shall be called,"
19 concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave instructions concerning his bones.
23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.
24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,
25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,
26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.
28 By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. Hebrews 11:4-30

JLB

The scripture's are good for doctrine, and instruction in righteousness, which includes instruction in the law of faith and how faith comes.

What scripture did these people read that produced faith in them, to carry out the exploits of God in their generation?

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise;
10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude--innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.
16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
19 concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave instructions concerning his bones.
23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.
24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,
25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,
26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.
28 By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. Hebrews 11:4-30

JLB
JLB, there is no judgement from me that you think the written word is not sufficient for today. I disagree with you, though.

JLB, there is no judgement from me that you think the written word is not sufficient for today. I disagree with you, though.

When did this discussion become about whether the word of God is sufficient?

Of course the scriptures are sufficient for us in instruction in righteousness, in doctrine, and for correction...

14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:14-17

However, the scriptures do not impart faith.

Nothing takes the place of being taught by God himself and being led by the Spirit.

As many as are led by The Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.

Saul of Tarsus knew the scriptures as well as anyone, and was hell bent on persecuting and killing Christians.

Now if you would, please answer the question I asked you.

What scripture did these people, listed in Hebrews 11 read that produced faith in them, to carry out the exploits of God in their generation?

JLB

Not necessarily.

JLB
Great post.

JLB
You asked: What scripture did these people read that produced faith in them, to carry out the exploits of God in their generation? My answer is the below Scriptures: but if I'am wrong please let me know of the scripture, ok?

Hebrews 11:

Last edited:
You asked: What scripture did these people read that produced faith in them, to carry out the exploits of God in their generation? My answer is the below Scriptures: but if I'am wrong please let me know of the scripture, ok?

There were no scriptures written when these above mentioned exploits were carried out by God's people.

JLB

I ask because I'm hoping someone can demonstrate how God might speak to them beyond their own reasoning and predictive capabilities.
This is so I can can have a fair idea what to expect if God ever speaks to me.

Have you ever asked God a question about what to do in a certain situation, and when reading your Bible had a verse stand out to you? I have many times.

Once when i was upset about things and asking God why this or that was happening and He directed me to 1 Peter 5:12b.... which in the nlt says.. my purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God's grace for you. Stand firm in this grace... then He reminded me what grace meant....God's overwhelming desire to treat you and me as if sin never happened. So then i had to get my mind in line to think that way.

Sorry for not writing more last night, i wanted to pray about what to say. Blessings to you!!

Lol, I don't whether to take you serious or not, as many ex-christians have pointed out to me that so many Christians are so desperate to see God acting in their lives they do actually believe God helps them find their car keys, find car spaces and starts their car on a cold winter day.

Shoot i believe that! I will even ask God (and believe He does) to part the sea of cars so that i can cross the street if there is no light. But it is not a desperation to see God, it's a desire to include God in all that we do. To know and trust that He is with us at all times, it builds faith and reliance on God.

Have you ever asked God a question about what to do in a certain situation, and when reading your Bible had a verse stand out to you? I have many times.

Once when i was upset about things and asking God why this or that was happening and He directed me to 1 Peter 5:12b.... which in the nlt says.. my purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God's grace for you. Stand firm in this grace... then He reminded me what grace meant....God's overwhelming desire to treat you and me as if sin never happened. So then i had to get my mind in line to think that way.

Sorry for not writing more last night, i wanted to pray about what to say. Blessings to you!!

Great Post!

Back