Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you hear Gods voice?

Do you hear Gods voice?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's not easy, not, it's not natural.

That's a good one! Because when we first accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior according to Romans 5:5 it says that God poured His love into our hearts. So when God tells us to love our enemies, He is not asking us to do it in our strength, just obey, and He who dwells within us will do the works...

What does the bible say about smoking cigarettes, playing video games, talking on internet chat rooms all night, our current music genres, the use of technology, the use of pharmaceuticals. Stuff that's completely unique to our lives today and effects us seriously.

Smoking, pharmaceuticals .....1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ~ bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit...so honor God with your body.

Internet chat rooms and current music...Romans 12:1-2 do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you will know what God's will is.
If the chat rooms are Christian, and you are discussing things related to Christ then it it on the lines of fellowshipping and the Bible says not to forsake the assembling of yourselves together (Hebrews 10:25), and to encourage one another while it is called today (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Not necessarily.

God's Voice is the Rhema spoken word.

The Logos can refer to the Spoken word but can also refer to doctrine.

The written word is not so.

God can make the written word, as Rhema if that is what He is saying to us now.

However the scriptures are not living nor do they impart life.

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. John 5:39-40

Faith comes by hearing God, not from the scriptures.

JLB

Romans 10:17 faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
Hebrews 4:12 the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than any two edged sword, cutting between soul and Spirit, between joint and marrow

Can't argue with the Word of God!

Romans 10:17 faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
Hebrews 4:12 the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than any two edged sword, cutting between soul and Spirit, between joint and marrow

Can't argue with the Word of God!

Yes sir, Faith comes by hearing the Rhema, voice of God.

...hearing

JLB

So faith isn't defined for us in His written word?

Jesus is the Author and finisher of our Faith, God causes the increase. The Word is planted as a mustard seed, it grows like corn (Mark 4) we don't know how Jesus said it grows, it just does.

No amount of reading the Word causes faith unless it's revealed. (JLB Rhema Word from God) Nothing is reveled unless you first believe it's true. God is the one the gives the increase.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(2Pe 1:19)

If you start out saying. Nah, Jesus did not mean anything can't hurt us (Luke 10:19) No, Believers get killed in China, so he could not mean that.

By His stripes I am healed, Naw, that is just some spiritual healing, who knows.

My sheep hear my voice.......... Why should I expect to hear from God, I already have scriptures. I expect nothing.

so on.

If there is nothing to work with, there is nothing to reveal and make real.

I don't hear an audible voice , but when I read the bible, or if someone is giving counsel from the bible it's like hearing God's voice. When I pray sometimes I feel the holy spirit, it is just a nice warm feeling. It makes me know that God is communicating with me.

In my view, Hearing the God voice is not happening directly, it will be related to internal. For example, if we ask anything to god, The need will be solved in the view of any kind with the blessings of God.
end time prophecy

Back