Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Do you take the Bible literally?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
was and is jesus a LITERAL three headed lamb that died on the cross?

Please show that scripture you are referring to.

JLB

these:

.And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints

revalation 5. remember that is all a VISION and john sees jesus on HORSE.

then how is it that he as shape? how is that he is arms? where is his HEAD today? in you me or whomever? what about his legs, chest, hair?

He is seated at the right hand of God, and He also dwells in all who are His.

If you need more information than that ask Him.

JLB

that didn't answer that.
to you jesus is as a man, and yet you take the horses seen in john vision literall, therefore you also take jesus to be a seven headed and seven eye lamb.

confused much?

I like your 'proof' of invisible oxygen, [MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION] .

One of my favorite 'proofs' is the brain. I've never seen mine, except in xrays/scans. Can I prove those are my scans, my xrays. Nope. I have to take my doctor's word for it. And since I've never seen my brain, it stands to really sound reason that I've never held it in my hands. So all I can do is have faith that there is a brain in my head & not just marbles!

Hello JLB. Paul did not take up or pick up the snake, it came out of its own accord, being forced out from the heat, and bit him. Im sure had he known it was there he would have pulled his hand out of the way. Yes that was a literal event, but Paul did not pick it up, or take it up. And yes, those people are tempting God in doing what they do.

, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

What makes you think that this is referring to Jesus?

JLB

Hello JLB. Paul did not take up or pick up the snake, it came out of its own accord, being forced out from the heat, and bit him. Im sure had he known it was there he would have pulled his hand out of the way. Yes that was a literal event, but Paul did not pick it up, or take it up. And yes, those people are tempting God in doing what they do.

Take up in the Greek means to raise up or elevate. It does not have the idea of a person willfully grabbing the snake for entertainment purposes.

The bottom line is, the snake bit Paul and it had no effect on him.

If you have ever been to Haiti on a Missionary trip, one on the things the local voodoo folks do is try to poison you.

No one on our team was affected at all.

I have heard plenty of testimonies from others about such exploits.

This is the point in what Jesus was promising His disciples, and it is literal.

JLB

Hi JLB. Ill explain where Im coming from. I do believe that the example of Paul was true and does come under the umbrella of that text. But I do also believe it has wider implications and is not confined to that text, literally meaning that it only refers to coming into personal contact with snakes as a Christian. A friend of mine not long ago, a good Christian man who I had great respect for as a Christian, was bitten and killed by a snake. Had that text meant that Christian's would never be killed by a snake then... Having said that it does not alter my belief in that text nor diminish my faith one little bit, or call it into question. I see it as God protecting us from danger when and how it pleases His good purposes for us. But also not excluding us from any either. Many texts have manifold meanings. Yes that text with Paul was a great example of Gods protection and proof of that text, Gods protection of us. I have no reason to doubt that God had protected people over the ages from poison, but do I believe that no Christian has ever not been poisoned unto death? No, just as I don't believe no Christian has ever not died from a snake bite. If the text mentioning snakes was as some take it, never to be harmed from one, then does that mean my friend was not a real Christian? Should he have not simply walked away from it unharmed? It is like other scriptures that tell us things such as "whatever you ask in my name I will give it". But does that "whatever" encompass everything? No, not everything. We see in other passages, James 4 v 3 where things asked for are not given because what was asked for was not in accordance with God's will but for personal satisfaction. Some believe they can ask for cars, furniture, wealth, top jobs and so on. I have even heard people pray for these things. Yet God tells us not to even worry about these things, Luke 12 v 28 to 31. So anything in His name does not literally mean anything or everything. That's where Im coming from.

Hi JLB. Ill explain where Im coming from. I do believe that the example of Paul was true and does come under the umbrella of that text. But I do also believe it has wider implications and is not confined to that text, literally meaning that it only refers to coming into personal contact with snakes as a Christian. A friend of mine not long ago, a good Christian man who I had great respect for as a Christian, was bitten and killed by a snake. Had that text meant that Christian's would never be killed by a snake then... Having said that it does not alter my belief in that text nor diminish my faith one little bit, or call it into question. I see it as God protecting us from danger when and how it pleases His good purposes for us. But also not excluding us from any either. Many texts have manifold meanings. Yes that text with Paul was a great example of Gods protection and proof of that text, Gods protection of us. I have no reason to doubt that God had protected people over the ages from poison, but do I believe that no Christian has ever not been poisoned unto death? No, just as I don't believe no Christian has ever not died from a snake bite. If the text mentioning snakes was as some take it, never to be harmed from one, then does that mean my friend was not a real Christian? Should he have not simply walked away from it unharmed? It is like other scriptures that tell us things such as "whatever you ask in my name I will give it". But does that "whatever" encompass everything? No, not everything. We see in other passages, James 4 v 3 where things asked for are not given because what was asked for was not in accordance with God's will but for personal satisfaction. Some believe they can ask for cars, furniture, wealth, top jobs and so on. I have even heard people pray for these things. Yet God tells us not to even worry about these things, Luke 12 v 28 to 31. So anything in His name does not literally mean anything or everything. That's where Im coming from.

Thank you for sharing you perspective with me.
I am sorry to hear about your friend.
What Jesus spoke to His apostles was in the context of them being sent to preach the Gospel and so in that context they will be protected. This does not mean every Christian will never suffer harm from snakes.

JLB

Hi JLB. No problems, it was sad to see him go but I have the assurance I will see him again. I agree, all in the context of how it was written and to whom it was written.
Kindest regards.

, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

What makes you think that this is referring to Jesus?

JLB

read the entire chapter from then the wrath of Lamb is used and word Lamb is in caps. it also has a question whom is worthy to open the scroll.

I take the Bible literally where literal, figuratively where figurative, historically when stating what happened (with or without divine commentary on the event), and I take the Bible entirely on God's side God's team on God's Word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back