Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Anything Compare to Wisdom?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, so do you think godly wisdom defines love correctly, as love truly is? And does this divine understanding know how one should and should not love?

Our greatest goal is to grow up into the fullness and stature of Jesus Christ.

To be transformed into His Image.

He alone can express the perfect harmony of both Love and Wisdom through our lives.

Ours is to be crucified to our life, that He may express His Life through us.

This is the Wisdom of God.

JLB

I gave you my opinion on this matter.

Jesus is the expression of the fullness of both Wisdom and Love.

In Him Love and Wisdom are One.

In Him the fullness of The Godhead dwell.

JLB

Yes, I apologize for being slow to understand. You see, it's unclear to me what the word one means in your statement, "In him love and wisdom are one."

But if you too are unsure, that's OK. We can explore the possibilities and find the truth together. I really want to explore further with you, because I think you are onto something profound.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
That's a very good question. It wasn't asked of me but had it been? I would say:

"The Bible contains the truth and the Holy Spirit reveals the truth it contains according to the HOPE that we will not only read and hear but will also act so that this very same truth, which is the Word of God, may transform us; change us, so that it (the Word of Truth) has allowed, continues to allow even now --and includes the promise for our future allowance to us that we may become Sons of the Living God."​

As you know, Love hopes all things and does not take into account a wrong suffered.

~Sparrow

Personally I believe the Bible contains some Truth as expressed through man.

Jesus is the Truth.

He is the sum of all Truth as can only be expressed by Wisdom.

Let me explain by giving an example [from scripture].

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Proverbs 26:4
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes. Proverbs 26:5

Which one of these two verses of bible scripture that say exactly the opposite, is the Truth?

The answer is what Jesus was waiting for, in this confrontation.

3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, 4 they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?" 6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. John 8:3-6

Scripture truth states - Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned.

By the Truth said - "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

Wisdom expressed the Truth.

JLB

Scripture truth states - Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned.
The wisdom of God found a way to preserve the just and right penalty for sin, while finding a way of escape for the guilty offender by sending Jesus into the world to take the just penalty for sin for us .

"...Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God..." (1 Corinthians 1:30 NASB)

Wisdom found a way to uphold the justice of God and exercise the mercy of God at the same time. The love of God motivated that wisdom. Wisdom was a means to an end, his love being the greater agenda being served by wisdom. IOW, God did that not because he wanted to be wise, but because he wanted to do the greater thing, love the world.

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. John 5:39-40

Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice? I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me. Proverbs 8:1,17

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Gen_6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD

Exo 33:12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.

Exo_33:17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

Gen 19:19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:

Pro 3:33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
Pro 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
Pro 3:35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

I see no clear cut line that divides the Grace of God from His people. Jesus always was/is and will be

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17
It's interesting to see in the example of stoning an illustration of how Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. In wisdom, what 'went away' wasn't the just requirement for punishment for sin. What went away was the way that justice was handed out.

Wisdom found a way to uphold the law, but remove mankind from under the condemnation of the law. Through wisdom, love upholds the law, not destroys it. Wisdom found a way to get the job done that love wanted to do. Love is the greater agenda being served, not the agenda of being really wise.

The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. Genesis 3:21

It was by Grace that the Lord made these skins of innocent animals to cover them.

By the Truth said - "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

The Truth that was contrary to the law of Moses.

as it is written -

'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

JLB

spiritual wisdom imparted from god is the ability to use knowledge imparted from god.......if the prince of this world had known he would of never crucified the son of god.

The Truth that was contrary to the law of Moses.

as it is written -

'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

JLB
How is the wisdom of Christ paying the just penalty for sin, demanded by the law, contrary to the requirement of the law of Moses for that just penalty? Did the just requirement get satisfied or not? If you say it did not, then we are still in our sins.

Through Christ the requirement for justice is preserved, while the old covenant way of doling that justice out got nailed to the cross with Jesus. That's the wisdom of God.

In God's wisdom, he sent Jesus Christ to deliver those under the condemnation of the law from that condemnation without violating the requirements of the law for justice. Now that's wisdom. But it's still not greater than the love that motivated coming up with that wise way to save man from the condemnation of the law, but still satisfy the requirements of the law for justice.

How wise, how awesome. Our God is an awesome God.

How is the wisdom of Christ paying the just penalty for sin, demanded by the law, contrary to the requirement of the law of Moses for that just penalty? Did the just requirement get satisfied or not? If you say it did not, then we are still in our sins.

Through Christ the requirement for justice is preserved, while the old covenant way of doling that justice out got nailed to the cross with Jesus. That's the wisdom of God.

In God's wisdom, he sent Jesus Christ to deliver those under the condemnation of the law from that condemnation without violating the requirements of the law for justice. Now that's wisdom. But it's still not greater than the love that motivated coming up with that wise way to save man from the condemnation of the law, but still satisfy the requirements of the law for justice.

How wise, how awesome. Our God is an awesome God.

God is truly awesome!

Because the Truth did not carry out the penalty of death that the law of Moses required.

Rather, Wisdom expressed by Love through the Truth, laid the responsibility on those who desired to see the law of Moses carried on this woman and were responsible themselves, to in fact carry out the death penalty, chose to drop their stones and walk away when confronted with the perfect Wisdom of God, expressed by the Truth.

for it is written -

JLB

God is truly awesome!

Because the Truth did not carry out the penalty of death that the law of Moses required.
The old covenant way of upholding the death penalty for sin required by law--death by stoning.

The New Covenant way of upholding the death penalty required by law--death by crucifixion on a cross with Jesus:

"...our old self was crucified with Him..." (Romans 6:6 NASB)

"...the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." (Galatians 6:14 NASB)

The New Covenant is the new wise way for upholding the requirements of the law--in this case the lawful requirement for the death of the offender. This new way, this New Covenant, is summed up in 'faith in Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit'. Faith in Christ is the new and wise Covenant of serving God that upholds the requirements of the law, not destroys them.

"...to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." (1 Corinthians 1:24 NASB)

Jesus took the law to its fullest ( with the woman) .... above and beyond what the lawyers of day wanted.... while going back to its fullness

The old covenant way of upholding the death penalty for sin required by law--death by stoning.

The New Covenant way of upholding the death penalty required by law--death by crucifixion on a cross with Jesus:

"...our old self was crucified with Him..." (Romans 6:6 NASB)

"...the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." (Galatians 6:14 NASB)

The New Covenant is the new wise way for upholding the requirements of the law--in this case the lawful requirement for the death of the offender. This new way, this New Covenant, is summed up in 'faith in Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit'. Faith in Christ is the new and wise Covenant of serving God that upholds the requirements of the law, not destroys them.

"...to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." (1 Corinthians 1:24 NASB)

Let's continue in the Law thread and not derail this one any further.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back